ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling all those who have applied in past 3 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maverick_76

Calling all those who have applied in past 3 months

Post by maverick_76 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:42 am

I was wondering if turnaround time from HSMP team has again slowed down, as the official site mentions backlog of applications this summer. Would request all of you who have applied during this time to respond and answer the poll questions. This will give us an idea how many people have applied in past 3 months and approx. time our application will take.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:48 pm

Hope to find more people polling on this. I am sure more than 11 people applied in past 3 months.

Moderators - Request you to make this sticky.

marfbr
Newly Registered

Post by marfbr » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:45 am

I received an update from my consultant that has submited my application. She is quoting the HO.

She says: "We have been told that it is likely that your case will be considered in around 7 weeks time and we were informed that there is currently a 13 week backlog due to the fee increase in April."

My application was received by the home office on 27th April 05. Looks like those paying higher fees will be getting a slower service than those that applied December - February/March...

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:24 pm

I had written to HSMP folks about my reference number and they replied by saying it will take 14 days after credit card has been charged to locate the application in their system. I think this gives us some idea about the backlog as earlier people use to recieve the reference number in few days after the payment processing.

JhonnyECU

Post by JhonnyECU » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:17 pm

hi all,

well, once more i have found another contradiction regarding the way they work with our applications up in sheffield ..

i sent my new app to doncaster on may 16th. it reached them on may 20th, confirmed by DHL tracking service.

then, amazingly, i received an email dated may 25th confirming receipt CC transaction on may 24th, new ref number (same as before but with /02 at the end), and they said it will take 5 to 12 weeks for current applications.

so, this is my experience, hope more of the ones who anonymously responded above could keep us updated with some feedback from HO people. there is no reason to be shy here, we are all on the same boat so the more we work as a team the better, ok?

how many of the above have faxed a job offer?

best

jhonny
:)

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:29 pm

I don't know whether I should vote here or not. I am an October 2004 applicant who resubmitted in May 2005. I never got a decision on my first application.

So, I'm technically an October applicant that reapplied in May, still awaiting a decision.....
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:44 pm

Hi friends,

I had sent application on 6th May (according to the courier report) and recieved reference No. (same as my previosu application with /02 suffix) on 16th May after claring my fees paid by DD. Waiting for the aproval.

But i knwo at least one guy, who applied in the begining od May, his application was recieved (ref. no. was allotted) on 11th May and decision was made on 16th May.

So, there is almost no increament in time taken for processing, just before a month, it was in the fastest pace.

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:39 am

Sent my application on the 24th of May. Got a reciept by email on the 2nd of June saying that they recieved the documents on June 1. Money from my credit card was deducted on the 1st of June. I sent them additional evidence when I got my ref. number. They have recieved that evidence as well already, according to Fedex, but I haven't got any reciept yet.

Btw, my confirmation letter didn't have any information abt service levels.

majic

Post by majic » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:39 am

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the Forum. Having just casted my vote I can now tell you that I am one of the May Applicants.

Following are the Date with reference to my application:

a. Application Recieved: 31 May, 2005
b. Payment Recived: 1st June, 2005

I am still waiting for my reference number which usually come by post as per the new HSMP form(Acknowledgement Section). So i expect it to arrive in about a week from now. Will keep you all updated.

Cheers

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:28 pm

Hello everybody,

Application sent: May 2
Received by HO: May 5
Rejected by unkown Credit Card issues: May 6
Application took 11 days to arrive at my home (via recorded delivery Royal Mail)

Application resent: May 19 by FEDEX
Application received by HO: May 24
Payment Cleared: June 3 (Demand Draft)
Received the reference number: June 7

I got an e-mail from HO saying the service levels are from 4 to 13 weeks.

I guess we just have to wait...

Good luck everybody!

majic

Post by majic » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:31 am

Hello Everyone,

If you see my last update on the forum I have mentioned some particulars of my application. I can tell you that I was a bit restless as far as my application is concerned so I couldnt help EMAIL the HSMP team to know my reference number. This email was sent to then on 7th June Afternoon UK Time and I got a reply late last night with my REFERENCE Number.

The person replying my email also mentioned that my application was recieved on 1st Of June, 2005 which is actually the same day as my credit card was charged.

Thumbs up for HSMP team as far as the speed of reply goes.

Cheers

sunny158

Got it!!!

Post by sunny158 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:17 pm

My 2nd application the process time as follows:

3nd of May sent (Royal mail 2n class sign for by agent),
6th of May received by Payment services department.
16th of May passed to HSMP team, and got reference number(03****/02) 2 day late.
9th of June the positive decision was received by agent, the decision was probably made a day before.

Today I was informed by my agent that my HSMP was granted. My 1st one was refused due to insufficient information in graduate level work experience and income. I only got the points from my UK Master degree. I consulted a agency to give some advises.To be honest, the immigration consultants are not as useful as this forum, they are too busy and they cannot provide as mcuh detailed information as this forum.

I did not have a degree when I worked, I asked my employer to provide very detailed information to explain why I was able to get this job with a degree and duties in early 90s. and responsibilites description was as much as possible.

The tax return turns many people down, I did not submit it as well, but I got the points. I provided payslips, bankstatements and employer detailing salary. about 90% of my paid was transfered into my bank account, but the amount of money which was transfered into bank account was more than HO required amount. I think soem people get rejected without tax return, I think the reason is that only the net pay is taken into account in these case.

One issue is about FLR(IED) or EC, I need to get EC in my home country now. If my first application was approval, I could apply FLR in the UK. When I was applying 2nd time, i did not have student status in the UK, so I have to get EC now, I need to provide more documents now. I emailed wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk many times to ask some questions, they are very helpful and reply very quickly.

HSMP is very complicated, my advice is to take it easy, make sure everything is fine and then submit it, it is better to ask some experts to go througth all of you documents. It cost bit more money,but safe. Although my agent did not ask me to provide more documents, but I feel comfortable when they told me that it should be OK after reading it through. It is a big things in our lives, dont be so mean to spend bit more money. This was the mistake I make in my first application, it is not very likely if you just read the HSMP guide with other advise from some experts or people who have experienced this.

All the hard work has been paid off. This forum is very useful, you can send message to members, you can get helpful advise from them. A couple of people in this forum were very helpful, they advised me a lot of.

Best luck for everyone.

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:18 pm

congrats sunny on your approval :)

I hope you have voted as decision made on this forum so that we can have updated statistics on the board.

BTW ... I also called HSMP and came to know about my reference number - 0440XX.

sunny158

maverick, Thank you.

Post by sunny158 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:59 pm

I have voted days ago, I chose "applied in May and still wait for the decision". I cannot vote second time, maybe you can move 1 vot to applied in May and decision has been made.

Best luck for you.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:14 am

Hi Sunny,

Congratulations for the approval and all the best for your EC now.

I also applied for a paid review, adn my application was also recievdd on the same day (16th May) as yours. My reference No. is 0216XX/02. So, now i think i can expect that my decision would also have been made on the same day as yours. And this time i am sure that it would be Possitive.

Last time i failed to supply the experience letter for my senior level work experience in the format they need, adn some supporting documents. However, my wife's achievement they didn't award me points, even though the words they want were on the letter. They still showed that reasont hat there was one line mentioned on the letter, which confused them adn thus i failed to get those 10 points as well.

But in thsi new application, i have corrected both the poitns and haev submitted some additional doccuments to support my application and make it stronger.

mdeleo01
Newly Registered

Applied in early April 2005

Post by mdeleo01 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:32 pm

I'm adding to the poll. Here is info I've obtained that may help others who applied around the same time I did.

Application Received:
April 4, 2005

Payment Cleared:
April 7, 2005

Acknowledgement Sent:
Never. I had to email the HO and was given my case number via email inquiry, even though I filled in the request to receive written confirmation.

Case Worker Assigned:
Not yet. I called today (June 10, 2005) and was told my application is still waiting for a case worker to be assigned. The nice woman who took my call said applications are taking around 13 weeks to be "processed" - meaning getting a case worker on the job. She did say once a case worker is assigned, assuming there are no problems with the application, that the turn around time is usually 1-2 days for them to approve/deny. I'm not a doctor or any other field that is receiving preferential treatment and I did not request urgent treatment, so it looks like average time is around 3 1/2 months.

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:50 am

Many May applicants are still waiting. I called to HO on 2nd June, cus I had a job offer with my HSMP application, that job was due to start at the beginning of June, I spoke to a very nice and polite gentleman. He said my application had not been allocated, but I can send an urgent treatment form. I said my job offer is included in my HSMP application. I was about to send an urgent treatment, but got positive decision. I think that call might have accelerated my application.

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:05 am

I did send my Urgent treatment form on June 10 through email, and I was amazed to get a response in 15 mins from HSMP saying my Urgent Treatment request has been acknowledged. Lets hope it gets treated soon.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:37 am

Hi Frineds,

THank you very much to you all who contributed here to the forum. I had applied for a paid review in May. My application was recieved on 16th May, and decision is amde on 7th June. SO now moderators may change one more vote from May (decision awaited to decision made) as i ahve already voted.

I got a mail form HSMP yesterday stating decision had been made and documents were dispatched on 7th June. I recieved documents back today and I am aproved this time.

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:44 pm

Congrats Dhavaluk!

Does anyone how much time does it take for a decision once your application is in urgent que

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:24 am

Marverick,

My first application took almost 2 weeks once it was marked for urgent treatment. That was in April 2005 and my application was of 30th June 2004.

The case may be different now.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:30 pm

Hi everybody, This is my first post. I am out of country applicant, applied through solicitor in London on 19th May 2005. Today I was informed by my solicitor that my application has been approved and all the documents have been received back.

Application sent: May 23
Received by HO: May 24
Payment Cleared: May 31 (payment made by cheque)
Decision made: June 14

I wish everyone here all the best with their applications.

majic

Post by majic » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:32 am

Hello People,

"Approved" in 12 days including 4 weed days off. I got an email stating a decision has been made and my documents are on there way. I was excited and called HSMP Team. I was told about the SUCCESS of my application.

Following are my particulars:

Application Recieved:1st June, 2005
Credit Card Charged: 1st June, 2005
Email Recieved: 15th June, 2005
Called Them to enquire of the Decision: 15th JUNE, 2005

1. I am 24 years old. (5 Points)
2. Have an IT Bechalors Degree From Australia
+
MSc IT from Pakistan (Claimed only 15 Points)
3. About 2 & 10 months of working experience (25 Points)
4. Have a Salary of over 5000 Pounds (25 Points)

So I had 70 points to fight for and I got them....I will get my papers soon and will apply for EC then.

Cheers

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:35 am

Congratulations, Web2005 and Majic!
My card was charged approx. at the same time, so your results give me hope:)
Last edited by Kotiara on Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:38 am

Majic, did you provide tax returns? How did you prove your income level?