ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

udayzv
Newly Registered

Success

Post by udayzv » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:46 am

Received my visa today

Applied - 01/12/2008
Received by Blue Dart on 10/01/2009
Validity - 06/09 to 06/12

Thanks to everyone on this forum for assistance.Was considering going with a consultant but was swayed by the unanimous verdict of the members of this forum to not go for one.

Thanks again.You guys have saved me a bucketload of cash :D

dtjesus

Anyone applied from inside UK around 17-nov-08?

Post by dtjesus » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi all,

Tier 1 General Main applicant

Application sent - 17-nov-08
Acknowledgement received - 25-nov-08

Havent heard anything since then. I assume the posts mentioning blue darts are applicants from india? Are the timescales longer for applicants inside UK?

dtjesus

Re: question on status

Post by dtjesus » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:04 pm

win6 wrote:status : Processed application in Transit

any idea what does this exactly mean ? whether the visa is through or not? please let me know

How do you look this status up?

spirit
Newly Registered

Re: Rejection due to difference in names(If Notary inIndia)

Post by spirit » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:59 pm

here4tier1 wrote:Hi Guys,

I had the same problem but I got my Tier-1(in Oct08) without any issues.
I provided them with a statutory declaration (signed in front of Notary Public.). Btw, I was in UK while applied and the declaration was prepared by a UK notary.

piyush123 wrote:Hi viralshah,

Its really sad to hear that ur visa got rejected. Infact when I have applied for HSMP, I have also provided an affidavit for my name conflict on Passport(having 'Kumar' as middle name in passport) and degree. But that time they have accepted that and issued me a HSMP letter with the name same as on my degree.

May be they have changed their procedure now and asking for letter from university.

Did you decided something on that?

good luck.

Regards.

viralshah wrote:My Tier-1 application has been rejected after 2 months due to difference in names on my passport and degree certificate.

Passport: SHAH VIRALKUMAR MAHESHKUMAR
Degree: SHAH VIRAL MAHESHBHAI

They didn't consider an affidavit with the application and have asked for a letter from independent institution, most probably university or college to verify the degree.

Has anyone got similar sort of case? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Viral
[VERY URGENT]
Hi can any clarify reg, can we just take a Notary in India if Name mismatch exists bw the B.Sc OD certificate , Company PaySlips compared to Passport. Because the above case relates to the same case. Why they are not accepting the Indian Notary: Any standards for Notary Form????????
Or
Is it the only solution is that Just get the Same name certificate from Both B.Sc Degree University and the Cpmpany HR Department, if this the case what is the standard formats for these letters.
Regards,
Spirit.
Email at : spiritsofuk@gmail.com

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

CONGRATS UDAY...

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:19 am

Hi all! I am zeeshan. I have applied for TIER 1 on 16th Dec'08 from karachi-Pakistan and still waiting for response.

Just to let you fellows(from pakistan) know, that I have created a new Thread/Post on TIER 1 (General) section with a poll too. Want you peope to have a look at it and reply there with your experiences and status of application (submitted from pakistan).

Regards,

Zeeshan
Regards,

Zeeshan

viralshah
Newly Registered

Post by viralshah » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:35 am

I am not aware of any standard of Notary form. I kept one mentioning the difference in names between two documents and that it belongs to same person.

HO didn't consider self sworn affidavit this time and in rejection letter it was stated that a letter from awarding institution would be expected instead. And so as a solution got a sort of similar letter from University stating that the degree belongs to me. My application is now under process and so will know eventually if that works or not.

But as a general rule, you have to prove link between all documents having difference in names and that it belong to person represented on passport.

Viral
Last edited by viralshah on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:11 pm

As I said, i did the notary in UK.
Where are you applying from ?
spirit wrote:

I provided them with a statutory declaration (signed in front of Notary Public.). Btw, I was in UK while applied and the declaration was prepared by a UK notary.

piyush123 wrote:Hi viralshah,

Its really sad to hear that ur visa got rejected. Infact when I have applied for HSMP, I have also provided an affidavit for my name conflict on Passport(having 'Kumar' as middle name in passport) and degree. But that time they have accepted that and issued me a HSMP letter with the name same as on my degree.

May be they have changed their procedure now and asking for letter from university.

Did you decided something on that?

good luck.

Regards.

viralshah wrote:My Tier-1 application has been rejected after 2 months due to difference in names on my passport and degree certificate.

Passport: SHAH VIRALKUMAR MAHESHKUMAR
Degree: SHAH VIRAL MAHESHBHAI

They didn't consider an affidavit with the application and have asked for a letter from independent institution, most probably university or college to verify the degree.

Has anyone got similar sort of case? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Viral
[VERY URGENT]
Hi can any clarify reg, can we just take a Notary in India if Name mismatch exists bw the B.Sc OD certificate , Company PaySlips compared to Passport. Because the above case relates to the same case. Why they are not accepting the Indian Notary: Any standards for Notary Form????????
Or
Is it the only solution is that Just get the Same name certificate from Both B.Sc Degree University and the Cpmpany HR Department, if this the case what is the standard formats for these letters.
Regards,
Spirit.

spirit
Newly Registered

Tier1:Sub: Reg NameMismatchInCertificates&ITReturnsManda

Post by spirit » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:47 pm

jacob79 wrote:Hi all,
I am through with my T1 visa.

Applied on - 20th NOV - VFS Chennai
Call from Bluedart on - 6th Dec

collected from Bluedart on 10th Dec as i was out of station.

Thank you all for the help and guidance.This forum is really helpful.
New aspirants please post your queries and we would be happy to help you all.

Regards

Jacob
Hi Jacob
Urget can you please share ur success.
Boss can u please give me timely HELP............
Congrats for ur timely Success.........

As you are aware of things exactly as of now , can you suggest me reg
If applying from India for Tier 1 General Migrant
1) Is it mandatory to submit IT retuns of current & previous when we are already submitting the MINIMUM TWO proofs i.e.,
a)CompanyPaySlips(Staped Attested) [The name on pay slip is half: but in the Experience Letter they updated with fullName as in Passport],
b)BankStatements for the credit of Slary clamed for the 12 months as per the rules[Udated with fullname same as in passport]

--I have for only 4 months of the total 12 months claiming period.For the remaining period of 8 Months due to Financial Year of India,I can not pruduce as of now, so to not to confuse the VFS ,I am not mentioning the point of IT return anywhere.......

2) My MastersDegree has Name same as in Passort & I am usuing the M.Sc as Qualificatin and for Medium Of Education Certificate also.
In addition to this I am also providing the B.Sc OD also as of formality sake we need to produce the B.Sc OD also.But B.Sc has a different name when compared to Passport.
[So shall I make sure that first get the Affidavite foom the B.Sc University & then go for VFS Submisson ] or
As I already have done an self Affidavte in India[but not Uk ,as I am in India & can not get from UK: Becase there case guys got rejected as they have Name Difference though they have Indian Affidavate],My self affidavite contains all the Names of mine in all the Documents that I am giving to VFS: this is sufficient & thus can I submit the VFS Application without the B.Sc AffidavateUniversity Letter so that the I can save time as of now.
Mail me at : spiritsofuk@gmail.com
It matters TIME more inportant than the Money which may be earned in course of Time , but reverse is Impossible.........

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello!

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:43 am

Hi viral and spirit,

I wish,I could help u people out, but I don't exactly knw scenerio there-in India for applications :( But, anyways, hope u'll find ur way soon.

GOOD LUCK to you both... :wink:

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

viralshah
Newly Registered

Post by viralshah » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:38 am

In my case, I submitted one which I got from India.

I think it doesn't make any difference where you get Notarized Affidavit from. The thing is in my HO didn't consider self sworn affidavit. But still I would say get it from UK if you are here.
Last edited by viralshah on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

GJ10
Newly Registered

Post by GJ10 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:54 am

Hi All,

Is there anybody who is awaiting the outcome of the applications submitted in Sept / Oct 2008.

Mine is from September. HO recently asked me for the latest salary slips, which i have provided.

These guys are taking so long i am absolutely frustrated, dont know what to do.

GJ10
T1 App Submitted: 25th Sept

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:47 am

I applied on 09/01/2009 -> main applicant + 1 dependant inside UK sent by Special Next Day Delivery.. Will keep posted about my updates.

Cheers!

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:48 am

I applied on 09/01/2009 -> main applicant + 1 dependant inside UK sent by Special Next Day Delivery.. Will keep posted about my updates.

Cheers!

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:48 am

Cheers!

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:49 am

Cheers!

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:50 am

Cheers!

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:42 pm

mate, notary is always self sworn & if mine was accepted by HO urs should also be accepted.

the only diff, as i said, urs is from India and mine is from UK.

hope this helps !!

Also, please avoid quoting in this manner. It is difficult to under stand what the query is ....
viralshah wrote:
here4tier1 wrote:As I said, i did the notary in UK.
Where are you applying from ?
spirit wrote:

[VERY URGENT]
Or
Regards,
Spirit.

In my case, I submitted one which I got from India.

I think it doesn't make any difference where you get Notarized Affidavit from. The thing is in my HO didn't consider self sworn affidavit. But still I would say get it from UK if you are here.

birdee
Newly Registered

Re: Anyone applied from inside UK around 17-nov-08?

Post by birdee » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:28 pm

dtjesus wrote:Hi all,

Tier 1 General Main applicant

Application sent - 17-nov-08
Acknowledgement received - 25-nov-08

Havent heard anything since then. I assume the posts mentioning blue darts are applicants from india? Are the timescales longer for applicants inside UK?
Im in the same boat applied on 12-Nov-08, acknowledged by HO on 13-Nov-08 and fee processed by 20-Nov-08(also received an ack letter ). No further communication from HO.

viralshah
Newly Registered

Post by viralshah » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:12 am

I am not aware of any standard of Notary form. I kept one mentioning the difference in names between two documents and that it belongs to same person.

HO didn't consider self sworn affidavit this time and in rejection letter it was stated that a letter from awarding institution would be expected instead. And so as a solution got a sort of similar letter from University stating that the degree belongs to me. My application is now under process and so will know eventually if that works or not.

But as a general rule, you have to prove link between all documents having difference in names and that it belong to person represented on passport.

Viral

viralshah
Newly Registered

Post by viralshah » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:28 am

Hello here4tier1,

Sure, Notory is always self sworn and I am aware of that fact. But thats the point for their rejection. I can't myself declare being here4tier1, isn't it. And as I mentioned in my previous posts, all my wp visas till date have been based on the same Notorized Affidavit. Its just this time my luck ran out. :).

Anyways, I would appreciate if you can help me sort out this quote issue, I can't seem to make the display work properly.

Cheers,
Viral

dtjesus

Re: Anyone applied from inside UK around 17-nov-08?

Post by dtjesus » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:09 pm

birdee wrote:Im in the same boat applied on 12-Nov-08, acknowledged by HO on 13-Nov-08 and fee processed by 20-Nov-08(also received an ack letter ). No further communication from HO.
Thanks birdee.
I was going to call the HO but just found out that in last couple of days my employer in pak was contacted so its in the process then. :D seems like in uk it takes a long time for them to pull fingers out

keep us updated about ur application

andieboy
Newly Registered

Post by andieboy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:00 pm

I have submitted the application on the 8th Jan 2009 and waiting ! . Keeping my fingers crossed ! .

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

hi

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:48 am

From where u have submitted ur application Andie? GOOD LUCK to you...
Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

andieboy
Newly Registered

Post by andieboy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:01 am

I have submitted my application in Sweden . anybody know the waiting time for applications outside UK and India ?

DLAM
Newly Registered

chicago consulate - timeline?

Post by DLAM » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:01 pm

hi,

does anyone know how long uk tier 1 visas are taking in chicago/usa?

has anyone here applied in dec or january?