ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to fill section 1.2 of VAF9 application form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dilip_gem

Forgot to fill section 1.2 of VAF9 application form

Post by dilip_gem » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi there,
I just submitted my application for Tier 1(General) visa. Now I realized that I forgot to fill section 1.2 of VAF9 form which states'1.2 Which Appendix did you complete?'

(I have completed all other sections of all the application forms - such as vaf9, appendix 1 and Self Assessment pdf etc) except the section 1.2 of vaf9.

Will it be a problem? I mean is this going to cause a potential rejection of my application? Is there any way to complete this section now? I read on some forum that Case Workers call us once they start looking in to our application? If so can these type of issues be handled or does it lead to a rejection of application? Please help as I'm worried :(

Regards,
Gem

raghu0307

Re: Forgot to fill section 1.2 of VAF9 application form

Post by raghu0307 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:24 pm

dilip_gem wrote:Hi there,
I just submitted my application for Tier 1(General) visa. Now I realized that I forgot to fill section 1.2 of VAF9 form which states'1.2 Which Appendix did you complete?'

(I have completed all other sections of all the application forms - such as vaf9, appendix 1 and Self Assessment pdf etc) except the section 1.2 of vaf9.

Will it be a problem? I mean is this going to cause a potential rejection of my application? Is there any way to complete this section now? I read on some forum that Case Workers call us once they start looking in to our application? If so can these type of issues be handled or does it lead to a rejection of application? Please help as I'm worried :(

Regards,
Gem

I mean this should have been pointed out by the VFS . Didnt they inspect the form before accepting.

You could e-mail the BHC about this..

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:45 pm

No they didn't :( Infact I had been to vfs office earlier and they had assured me that if I have any doubts they will assist in filling my form. but when I went there to submit my application the scene was different. They were in hurry and they were not able to even answer few of my queries related to form - for sections like previous visa refusal etc...

Do u think I did a blunder by not completing section 1.2 of vaf9? apart from this all other things should be fine.. I mean application forms, supporting docs etc..

Thanks for the reply.

raghu0307 wrote:

Regards,
Gem

I mean this should have been pointed out by the VFS . Didnt they inspect the form before accepting.

You could e-mail the BHC about this..

push

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 pm

Regards,
Gem
Take it easy mate. Ideally the form should be complete but now that you have forgot to fill 1.2 the case worker can easily look at the appendix 1 which is there in your application. Dont expect a rejection based on just this. Send a letter to BHC - VISA/Entry Clearance Officer citing your VAF number if that makes you comfortable.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:23 pm

*** Sorry Duplicate post****
Last edited by push on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

push

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:26 pm

*** Sorry Duplicate post****

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:25 am

Thanks Push_HSMP.. I feel a bit easy now :) Well if u have,could u please let me know the email id of the BHCl? I think my application goes to BHC,Chennai. Thanks again mate..

cheers,
Gem
push_hsmp wrote:

Regards,
Gem
Take it easy mate. Ideally the form should be complete but now that you have forgot to fill 1.2 the case worker can easily look at the appendix 1 which is there in your application. Dont expect a rejection based on just this. Send a letter to BHC - VISA/Entry Clearance Officer citing your VAF number if that makes you comfortable.

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi Mate,

3 week back when i submitted the applicaiton i did not fill one of the sections.

I was also litte worrying on this, but last week i got the passport with visa stamped on it.

send out an e-mail to BHC stating the same, however it depends upon the casework too. If caseworker use his simple logic he should not refuse the application because the online application which you have submitted is for the Tier1 & the form which is competed is for Tier1.

Vijay
dilip_gem wrote:Thanks Push_HSMP.. I feel a bit easy now :) Well if u have,could u please let me know the email id of the BHCl? I think my application goes to BHC,Chennai. Thanks again mate..

cheers,
Gem
push_hsmp wrote:

Regards,
Gem

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:06 pm

Hey Vijay,

ONLINE APPLICATION??? well I think I've missed something important !!! I didnt submit any online application. Are u talking about Self Service Tool's PDF file? That I have submitted along with vaf9 and appendix 1..Is there any other form that we need to fill ? The form formats have been changed since Dec 8th 2008. Did u submit your application before Dec 8th?

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers,
Gem
vnvijay wrote:Hi Mate,

3 week back when i submitted the applicaiton i did not fill one of the sections.

I was also litte worrying on this, but last week i got the passport with visa stamped on it.

send out an e-mail to BHC stating the same, however it depends upon the casework too. If caseworker use his simple logic he should not refuse the application because the online application which you have submitted is for the Tier1 & the form which is competed is for Tier1.

Vijay
dilip_gem wrote:Thanks Push_HSMP.. I feel a bit easy now :) Well if u have,could u please let me know the email id of the BHCl? I think my application goes to BHC,Chennai. Thanks again mate..

cheers,
Gem
push_hsmp wrote:

Regards,
Gem

push

Post by push » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:40 pm

No you haven't missed out anything. He must be talking about the printout of the Tier-1 application form or filling the form electronically (as in filling the PDF form) and then taking its print-out instead of filling the form by hand.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:58 am

Thanks Push_HSMP and Vijay for your help.
and for all other folks, here is the Chennai BHC's mail id.I got it from vfs people : chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk

push_hsmp wrote:No you haven't missed out anything. He must be talking about the printout of the Tier-1 application form or filling the form electronically (as in filling the PDF form) and then taking its print-out instead of filling the form by hand.

harryy

Post by harryy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:00 am

Hi push_hsmp,

In VAF9, can I fill Part 7 online and other parts by hand?
Can this create any problem? or will it be ok?

Regards

harryy

Post by harryy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:28 am

Any comments pleaseeeeeeeee

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi Push_HSMP / Vijay,
As discussed I sent a mail to BHC and got a reply. They say that they can not do any updates to the application once it is submitted and they have asked me to wait for the outcome. This puts me in more worry :( I'm leaving it to God now :)

Hi All other ppl on this forum,
In case you are planning to apply for any visa please ensure that your application is complete in all aspects. DO NOT KEEP ANY ITEMS PENDING IN THE APPLICATION. Please note that if u go for enquiry at vfs, though vfs people say that they will help u filling the form, THEY WONT because they will be super busy collecting the application and you will find many people in the queue. This is just for your information and attention.

Thanks and Regards,
Gem

push_hsmp wrote:No you haven't missed out anything. He must be talking about the printout of the Tier-1 application form or filling the form electronically (as in filling the PDF form) and then taking its print-out instead of filling the form by hand.

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi Harryy,
Are u talking about filling the form partially typed using computer and partially filled by hand using a ball-point pen? Even I had the same question.coz some of the fileds in the form get automatically selected to the default values and also some of the sections we need more space for writing ( sections such as 4.8 in Appendix 1).

But the VFS staff told me to have it either typed or hand written and not in combinations.. you can cross check with vfs or with the senior members on this forum.Thanks..

Regards,
Gem
harryy wrote:Hi push_hsmp,

In VAF9, can I fill Part 7 online and other parts by hand?
Can this create any problem? or will it be ok?

Regards

HSMPChile
Newly Registered

Question about section 4.8 of Appendix 1 AND online appl.

Post by HSMPChile » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi there,

First question: When one fills section 4.8 one has to write down the amount one has earned over the period in local currency, then the exchange rate applied, then the amount in sterling. My question is, do we need to write down the amount in sterling times the uplift conversion rate for the country? or just the amount in sterling? (which is ridiculous if i dont multiply it for the uplift factor, lol)

Second question is regarding the online application.. do you have to book the date you're handing in the docs, online as well? If yes, do they 'force' you to choose a certain date? or do they give you a time frame for you to book the date? or can you choose any date you want (the next day or 4 weeks later for example)?

Best regards to all :)

HC

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Request to all members to answer this for me please...applying on jan 19th 2009...
VAF 9 Question
============
5.6 Do you have any children under 18 accompanying you or
joining you at a later date?
Answer ‘Yes/No’

What shall I write here? I have a kid (4.5 months old) who is dependant on me.

If I write NO would that mean that my dependant cannot join me later, I am going to specifiy that they are joining me after 1 year in section 7.1. Please advice..

What if I write YES, would it mean I am applying for my dependants also?

If ‘No’ go to Question 5.8

5.7 If ‘Yes’ please provide full details about the child/children.
Please provide their full name(s), place(s) (including country) of birth
and date(s) of birth. State their relationship to you and supply legal
documentary evidence as verification. Include their dates of travel.
Say if they are dependent on you, that is they are under 18 years of
age and solely reliant on you for financial support. Please note that
if they require a visa they will need to complete their own application
form(s).

I will really appreciate any help on this.

Regards
Jedi001

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:04 am

Hello All,

Thanks to everyone,...atlast I applied, now the waiting time :-(

Regards
Jedi001
Jedi001