ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Missing from Documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rshaikh
Newly Registered

Passport Missing from Documents

Post by rshaikh » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:04 am

Dear Memebers,

This is Roshan. I work in UK. My wife had applied for dependent Visa from VFS Pune. We received all the documents today but shocked to see that passport is missing. When called VFS, they say that we will have to submit application at VFS.

Has anyone faced such issues ? I have written email to vfs and bhc. Please advise.

Note that, my wife's visa was earlier refused for 7 days old statements issue. We made a fresh application ( mentioned above). In the mean time we received the call from BHC saying that they have reviewed the application and since new guidelines are issued, they can now provide the visa. We told them that our passport is along with fresh application. Not sure if they have taken the passport out for that purpose. But I assume they should write some covering letter along with that.

raghu0307

Re: Passport Missing from Documents

Post by raghu0307 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:09 am

rshaikh wrote:Dear Memebers,

This is Roshan. I work in UK. My wife had applied for dependent Visa from VFS Pune. We received all the documents today but shocked to see that passport is missing. When called VFS, they say that we will have to submit application at VFS.

Has anyone faced such issues ? I have written email to vfs and bhc. Please advise.

Note that, my wife's visa was earlier refused for 7 days old statements issue. We made a fresh application ( mentioned above). In the mean time we received the call from BHC saying that they have reviewed the application and since new guidelines are issued, they can now provide the visa. We told them that our passport is along with fresh application. Not sure if they have taken the passport out for that purpose. But I assume they should write some covering letter along with that.

Hi Roshan,

I am in a similar situation but a little different also from VFS pune. Please see my posts on December time lines. The only thing that is comforting is Alok champ, another member from this forum had recieved a similar reply as I had recieved but now has got back all his documents.

The important thing for you is not to worry as well because in this forum, I remember to have seen some posts where they got the passport and the documents on different dates. I personally feel it is too early for you to assume anything and get worried

So dont worry too much. Just try contacting the VFS people. and believe they will not take it serious until there is some one to shout. I had to literally do that and only then did they take some action

I have seen VFS pune particularly to be a little ignorant and less customer friendly compared to what I have seen in Bangalore

rshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by rshaikh » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Thanks Raghu,

All the best for your results.

Can you point me to post where people have received passport and documents in separate posts.

Thanks
Roshan