ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying on Jan 19th Doc list Check - GOOD or not?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Applying on Jan 19th Doc list Check - GOOD or not?

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Hello All,

I have been an active member of this forum, and now its my time to apply. PLease advice on the below:

1. Qualification - 30 points claimed
Documents Provided:

 Original Bachelor’s Degree Certificate

2. Previous Earnings - 45 points claimed - Jan 1st 2008 - Dec 31st 2008.

Documents provided:

 12 months salary slips stamped and signed by the current employer.
 12 months Bank Statements stamped and signed by CITI Bank (Official stationary) for the claim period showing my net salary credited to my salaried account.
 Compensation review letter. current employer
 Original Offer letter - current employer

3. Age Assessment - 10 points claimed (Age: 29 years)
Documents provided:
 Original passport.

4. English Language Requirement: 10 points claimed

Documents provided:
There are no additional documents required for this section, as my university is recognised by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator). However, as a supporting document I have enclosed:

 Bachelor’s Degree Certificate.
 Letter from the Institution stating that the medium of instruction for my Bachelors degree was taught in English.

5. Maintenance (Funds) Requirement: 10 points claimed

Documents provided:
 Bank statements from my CITI bank salaried account from 30th September 2008 to 16th January 2009 stamped and signed by CITI Bank (Official stationary) which covers the period of 15th October 2008 to 15th January 2009.
 Letter from the bank stating minimum balance of 2, 44,514.75 INR which is greater than 2,800.00 GBP is maintained at all time in the salaried account over a period of more than 3 months. (15th October 2008 to 15th January 2009).

Total Points Claimed: 105 Points

All the above with a single cover letter which I have taken from this forum itself.

Additional Documents:

 Marriage Certificate
 Medium of Instruction cert from University
 Birth Certificate of my kid - Do I need this enclose? As I am applying only for myself and my dependants will join me later.

I have the VAF 9 form with Appendix 1, still have some doubts in filling the form. I have all contact numbers for HR, BANK, UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE.

Am I missing something on the above? Please advice...:-(

Regards

Jedi001

harakiri

Re: Applying on Jan 19th Doc list Check - GOOD or not?

Post by harakiri » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:23 am

Jedi001 wrote:Hello All,

I have been an active member of this forum, and now its my time to apply. PLease advice on the below:

Documents Provided:

Documents provided:

 12 months Bank Statements stamped and signed by CITI Bank (Official stationary) for the claim period showing my net salary credited to my salaried account.

Documents provided:
 Original passport.

Documents provided:
There are no additional documents required for this section, as my university is recognised by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator). However, as a supporting document I have enclosed:

 Letter from the Institution stating that the medium of instruction for my Bachelors degree was taught in English.

Documents provided:
 Bank statements from my CITI bank salaried account from 30th September 2008 to 16th January 2009 stamped and signed by CITI Bank (Official stationary) which covers the period of 15th October 2008 to 15th January 2009.
 Letter from the bank stating minimum balance of 2, 44,514.75 INR which is greater than 2,800.00 GBP is maintained at all time in the salaried account over a period of more than 3 months. (15th October 2008 to 15th January 2009).

All the above with a single cover letter which I have taken from this forum itself.

Additional Documents:

 Marriage Certificate
 Birth Certificate of my kid - Do I need this enclose? As I am applying only for myself and my dependants will join me later.

I have the VAF 9 form with Appendix 1, still have some doubts in filling the form. I have all contact numbers for HR, BANK, UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE.

Regards

Jedi001

The last two items under previous earnings are not mandatory, however no harm if you have enclosed.

Apart from the above I would suggest you to enclose the following also (though optional):

1) Print out of your self assessment done on the BIA website showing total points claimed

2) Print outs from the OANDA website showing conversion rate as at 31/12/08 (your last day of the earnings period claimed) and for maintenance funds, date of application (I think so). However I had taken the conversion rate on the day when I had the lowest balance in my bank account for the maintenance fund period, but greater than 2800 pounds

I had attached all these documents (got visa), this can make the visa officer's life simple if he has all things ready in front of him.

Good luck for your application.

raghu0307

Re: Applying on Jan 19th Doc list Check - GOOD or not?

Post by raghu0307 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi Jedi001,

You dont need the kids birth certificate now. You might need it when you apply for the dependent visas.

Harakiri is right. The points calculator printout will put your application on more solid grounding though I dont think the Oanda printouts are required but you must mention the rates you are using on the coverletter.

Jedi001 wrote:Hello All,

Documents Provided:

Documents provided:

Documents provided:
 Original passport.

Documents provided:

Documents provided:

Additional Documents:

 Marriage Certificate

Regards

Jedi001

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Thanks for the reply..Harakiri & Raghu, I must say being a part of this forum is a pleasure.

I forgot to mention in my post that I am putting the Self Assesment printout in my application.

Raghu I have already PMed you however I will ask again to everyone as I am confused about this section:

1. In VAF 9, for question 5.1 Do I write Yes or No? I have 2 dependants however they will join me later and I am applying for myself currently. Same is for question 5.6 also.

If I write NO then do I specify their details in questions 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 and 5.7?

In section 7 I will specify that dependants will join me later.

I have received a mail from VFS Chennai that I should write NO in 5.1 question, however that was long back I had sent this email.

Whoever has received the visa and was in the same position please guide me...thanks again for your help.

Jedi001

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:35 am

i have already sent a reply to your message. I was also in the same postion like you.
Jedi001 wrote:Thanks for the reply..Harakiri & Raghu, I must say being a part of this forum is a pleasure.

I forgot to mention in my post that I am putting the Self Assesment printout in my application.

Raghu I have already PMed you however I will ask again to everyone as I am confused about this section:

1. In VAF 9, for question 5.1 Do I write Yes or No? I have 2 dependants however they will join me later and I am applying for myself currently. Same is for question 5.6 also.

If I write NO then do I specify their details in questions 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 and 5.7?

I have received a mail from VFS Chennai that I should write NO in 5.1 question, however that was long back I had sent this email.

Whoever has received the visa and was in the same position please guide me...thanks again for your help.

Jedi001

Humana

Post by Humana » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:16 am

Raghu,

Can you please provide the answer here :) as this will be helpful all others as well.

Thanks!
raghu0307 wrote:i have already sent a reply to your message. I was also in the same postion like you.
Jedi001 wrote:Thanks for the reply..Harakiri & Raghu, I must say being a part of this forum is a pleasure.

Jedi001

Humana

Post by Humana » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:34 am

Raghu, Waiting for your kind reply....

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:15 am

You must write yes in that since they will be joining you later. You write no only if they have no intension of joining you. Also please provide their details in the other sections (5.2 to 5.7)and also mention when they intend to travel in section 7. Remember you must fill all sections. If a particular section is not applicable to you mention NA but dont leave it blank unless its mentioned you dont need to fill it and can skip that section. All the best.

Humana wrote:Raghu,

Can you please provide the answer here :) as this will be helpful all others as well.

Thanks!
raghu0307 wrote:i have already sent a reply to your message. I was also in the same postion like you.

Jedi001

Humana

Post by Humana » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:17 am

Thanks Raghu :-)

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Thank you so much for your reply RAGHU!!! really appreciate it!!

I am all set now. I have put YES for 5.1 & 5.6 questions and I have mentioned my kid & spouse's details in 5.2 to 5.7 questions,

For 7.1 I wrote something like this:

Dependants:
==========
My wife and kid will join me in UK after 1 year from the date of my arrival in UK as dependants applicants, the exact date is unknown. Currently, only I am applying as the main applicant.

Is this fine?

Thanks again!!

Regarsd
Jedi001

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:16 am

Thats fine

Jedi001 wrote:Thank you so much for your reply RAGHU!!! really appreciate it!!

I am all set now. I have put YES for 5.1 & 5.6 questions and I have mentioned my kid & spouse's details in 5.2 to 5.7 questions,

For 7.1 I wrote something like this:

Dependants:
==========
My wife and kid will join me in UK after 1 year from the date of my arrival in UK as dependants applicants, the exact date is unknown. Currently, only I am applying as the main applicant.

Is this fine?

Thanks again!!

Regarsd
Jedi001

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:08 am

Hello Everyone,

Many Thanks to everyone who helped me to get to this point!! Special Thanks to Raghu, Push_HSMP, SushMehta and everyone on this forum.

Applied at VFS Bangalore: 19th January 2009

Regards
Jedi001

Aspirant_Hsmp
Newly Registered

Accomodation arrangments

Post by Aspirant_Hsmp » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:55 am

Hi,

I wanted to know if it is required to mention accomodation arrangments after arrival in UK with Tier 1 Gen visa application..

If so, what is the recommended documentation?

Please advice..

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Accomodation arrangments

Post by Jedi001 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:18 am

Aspirant_Hsmp wrote:Hi,

I wanted to know if it is required to mention accomodation arrangments after arrival in UK with Tier 1 Gen visa application..

If so, what is the recommended documentation?

Please advice..
Either you can book a room in hotel OR if you have any friends, family in UK, you can ask them to send a letter, electric/utility bills scanned copy or their rent agreement. with a copy of their passport.
Jedi001