ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chandnip

HSMP issue

Post by chandnip » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi everyone,
I work for an IT company based in India. I got my Tier-1 stamped while I was on work permit in UK last year Nov.

Were anyone of you sent to UK by any of the Indian companies after stamping Tier-1 or HSMP visa?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Last edited by chandnip on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi,

If you have got HSMP after you came to UK (on WP), your work permit might already have cancelled as you can have only one valid visa at a time. If you have got your HSMP stamped after WP and travelled back on it, consider your WP cancelled already.
If you company check with HO about the status of your WP, they will anyway know that the WP sponsored by company has been cancelled.
In that case you have nothing to loose. You can either keep quite and travel silently without making much noise. But if you are asked about it there is no harm telling your company about your status as your company is anyway saving money for your WP.

Hope it will help..

Cheers...

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:44 am

I dont like to sound like this, but I guess you are slowly entering into a deep mess.

If you are in UK on a HSMP, you are supposed to pay taxes just like a normal resident of UK. However, if you were sent on a work-permit from yout TCS, they can work out a different way of paying taxes in UK ( or in some cases, they only pay indian salary and give money here as allowance). But doing such a thing is illegal.

So if your company did'nt pay full taxes ( while they thought you were here on a WP) but you have actually changed to HSMP with out their knowledge, then it is already a mistake. And planning to do the samething again would be another mistake.

First and foremost , you need to do is tell your employer what happened. And next time onwards ( if you intend to travel to UK and work) on a HSMP visa, then you got to make sure you pay taxes just like a normal UK resident.