ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Congratulations.. another application is cleared, :) one of our application will be next. 8) !!

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:36 am

anotherimmigrant wrote:Congratulations.. another application is cleared, :) one of our application will be next. 8) !!
thats the postive way to looks at this matter.

Another calling day and more news :)

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:55 am

Gentlefolks, I received by Naturalisation Cert yesterday!
Final timeline:

Nov 29, 2005: Applied for naturalisation on the basis of living and working in Ireland for 5 yrs

Jan, 2006: Received letter saying that my application is in the "queue"

May, 2008: Received request for marrriage and birth cert affidavits which I submitted 1 week afterwards.

1st week, Oct 2008: Sent letter to DoJ asking for status update. Received a generic reply saying that my application decision was not made and they would be in touch in due course of time.

Nov 20,2008: received approval (by reg. post).

Dec 17, 2008 : Took oath of loyalty in Court (special sitting)

Dec 17, 2008 : Posted all documents and draft by registered post (Never got a written acknowledgement for this but they did confirm they received it by phone when i sent a letter asking for acknowledgement)

Jan 26, 2009 : Received Cert for Naturalisation (by reg. post)

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:20 am

strongbow wrote:Gentlefolks, I received by Naturalisation Cert yesterday!
Final timeline:

Nov 29, 2005: Applied for naturalisation on the basis of living and working in Ireland for 5 yrs

Jan, 2006: Received letter saying that my application is in the "queue"

May, 2008: Received request for marrriage and birth cert affidavits which I submitted 1 week afterwards.

1st week, Oct 2008: Sent letter to DoJ asking for status update. Received a generic reply saying that my application decision was not made and they would be in touch in due course of time.

Nov 20,2008: received approval (by reg. post).

Dec 17, 2008 : Took oath of loyalty in Court (special sitting)

Dec 17, 2008 : Posted all documents and draft by registered post (Never got a written acknowledgement for this but they did confirm they received it by phone when i sent a letter asking for acknowledgement)

Jan 26, 2009 : Received Cert for Naturalisation (by reg. post)

Well done, u seems that u kept all stuff in order, and still remembering all the dates :)

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:22 am

Well done, u seems that u kept all stuff in order, and still remembering all the dates
yeah, I'm now closing that file :D

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:23 am

I called INIS, been advised that they will send my file to the minister for decision, and the lady was saying the minster office will need to look at the case and make decision. My understanding it is kind of formality. Do the Minster office examine the application again ? Or do they have another criteria ?

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:09 pm

I called INIS today and have been informed that they requested Garda clearance in Nov.08 and they are also sending reminders. They have also informed that they have received lot of Garda clearances recently and hope to receive mine in the next 7 weeks.

Application Submitted March 2006
Additional docs requested 4th Sept 2008

Surprisingly, whenever I called (3-4 times) earlier they told me that Garda Clearance was requested on 4th Sept, but now they are saying that it has been requested only in Nov.08 as per the files.

Strange !!!!.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:44 pm

ChIrl wrote:I called INIS today and have been informed that they requested Garda clearance in Nov.08 and they are also sending reminders. They have also informed that they have received lot of Garda clearances recently and hope to receive mine in the next 7 weeks.

Surprisingly, whenever I called (3-4 times) earlier they told me that Garda Clearance was requested on 4th Sept, but now they are saying that it has been requested only in Nov.08 as per the files.

Strange !!!!.
I rang INIS today and I was told the same info... but I forgot to ask them when they sent my application to the Gardai.

I also submitted my application at the end of March / beginning of April 2006. I sent additional docs at the end of September 08.

I rang on the 16 Dec 08 for update - my application was in Garda check and told me they sent the app to the Gardai in September.

I rang today (27 Jan 09) for an update - my application is still in Garda check. They sent reminders to the Gardai and they should be getting a reply from the Gardai in "a couple of months".

:(

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:13 pm

I love the way that a unit of time as far as they are concerned is a "month", as opposed to the rest of us in private sector where it's more "an hour".

No wonder the government is going bankrupt, imagine running a business like that...

EBS

Post by EBS » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:18 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:
ChIrl wrote:I called INIS today and have been informed that they requested Garda clearance in Nov.08 and they are also sending reminders. They have also informed that they have received lot of Garda clearances recently and hope to receive mine in the next 7 weeks.

Strange !!!!.
I rang INIS today and I was told the same info... but I forgot to ask them when they sent my application to the Gardai.

I also submitted my application at the end of March / beginning of April 2006. I sent additional docs at the end of September 08.

I rang on the 16 Dec 08 for update - my application was in Garda check and told me they sent the app to the Gardai in September.

I rang today (27 Jan 09) for an update - my application is still in Garda check. They sent reminders to the Gardai and they should be getting a reply from the Gardai in "a couple of months".

:(

I am in exact same situation, applied in March-April 06, rang yesterday got the same answer, they said that Garda Clearance was requested in Sept 08, and the answer should be around March. That’s wired, that they have fixed time line for Jan-May 2006 applicants, whereas other people getting their in weeks

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Amazing! I'm exactly the same (March/April 06) with almost exactly the same responses from them.

It appears to me that they just DONT WANT TO do it quicker than 3 years. Maybe somebody in the dept. are trying to save their job by looking busy...

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:34 pm

Dublin1 wrote:I called INIS, been advised that they will send my file to the minister for decision, and the lady was saying the minster office will need to look at the case and make decision. My understanding it is kind of formality. Do the Minster office examine the application again ? Or do they have another criteria ?
Yes, this is the last formality in your case. It's more like a sanity check than anything else. You should be getting your approval in about 2-3 weeks. :) You're almost there...

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:50 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:
Dublin1 wrote:I called INIS, been advised that they will send my file to the minister for decision, and the lady was saying the minster office will need to look at the case and make decision. My understanding it is kind of formality. Do the Minster office examine the application again ? Or do they have another criteria ?
Yes, this is the last formality in your case. It's more like a sanity check than anything else. You should be getting your approval in about 2-3 weeks. :) You're almost there...
I hope so, that there is no other hidden process, after the application to be sent to the minster.

nseeker
Newly Registered

Post by nseeker » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:45 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:
I was sceptical when i heard in_dublin saying that. But he did get it in 3 weeks. I on the other hand am waiting for Minister's decision for months now...
Did someone on this forum ever contacted (successfully) the Department of Justice rather than INIS - on the status of the application? I can't find any useful contact details for DoJ.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:03 pm

nseeker wrote:
LuasPassenger wrote:
I was sceptical when i heard in_dublin saying that. But he did get it in 3 weeks. I on the other hand am waiting for Minister's decision for months now...
Did someone on this forum ever contacted (successfully) the Department of Justice rather than INIS - on the status of the application? I can't find any useful contact details for DoJ.
for monhts !!!!! that is quiet strange

nicepecsigot

just slow

Post by nicepecsigot » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:11 pm

they are just slow ive made my declaration dec 10 and its nearly end of january and im still waiting for my certificate

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Did anyone tried obtaining information under Freedom of Information Act?

http://www.foi.gov.ie

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:27 pm

No updates today :roll: did any call inis today ?

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:24 pm

tiggs wrote:No updates today :roll: did any call inis today ?
My orig application in July/aug 2006,
additional docs were submitted in Oct 08.

I was told they're still waiting for garda clearance that was requested back in October 08 and they said they have sent some sort of reminder to the Garda for the backlog and was promised by them to deal with the backlog and decrease it. Finally i was advised that they should hear from them in next 2 months. it's like a joke....go now and come back in 2 months...anyways. that's the only update I have.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:41 pm

I was told exactly the same.
another_immigrant wrote:
tiggs wrote:No updates today :roll: did any call inis today ?
My orig application in July/aug 2006,
additional docs were submitted in Oct 08.

I was told they're still waiting for garda clearance that was requested back in October 08 and they said they have sent some sort of reminder to the Garda for the backlog and was promised by them to deal with the backlog and decrease it. Finally i was advised that they should hear from them in next 2 months. it's like a joke....go now and come back in 2 months...anyways. that's the only update I have.

babar asif
Newly Registered

Birth Certificate

Post by babar asif » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:07 pm

I got a letter from INIS, they have send me a birth certificate affedavit form, how should i copmlete ? it also need to be sign by soliciter. they also ask me why I cannot get the birth certificate. any one esle have filled this type of certificate

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:41 pm

I got a letter from INIS, they have send me a birth certificate affedavit form, how should i copmlete ?
have you tried to contact your embassey? they might help you?!

IrelandHopeful

Re: Birth Certificate

Post by IrelandHopeful » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:48 pm

babar asif wrote:I got a letter from INIS, they have send me a birth certificate affedavit form, how should i copmlete ? it also need to be sign by soliciter. they also ask me why I cannot get the birth certificate. any one esle have filled this type of certificate
You need to engage a solicitor and fill the form in his presence. he will then notarise (sign) it.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:14 pm

Lost Soul wrote:After applying in June 2006 I finally received my Certificate of Naturalisation yesterday. It is an A4 laminated certificate fairly presentable but two points stick out:

1) The INIS are too budget conscious to use decent envelopes so the postman folded it in half.

2) The certificate is completely in Irish, I can't read a word and and none of the 14 Irish people in my office can translate it. I'm working on the translation now.

At least the long wait is over and I can apply for a passport. You have to send original birth and marriage certificates by post with your passport application, hopefully they don't manage to lose them.
I wanted to comment re point (2): You can request INIS to issue a copy of the Certificate of Naturalisatin in English. Please see Parliamentary Question 619 from 27 Jan 2009:
A copy of the certificate of naturalisation is available in English from the Citizenship Division of my Department on request.
http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebate.as ... 85&Page=48

Good luck,
LP

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:48 pm

deleted