ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying early for extension

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp

Applying early for extension

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:43 am

Hi Forum,

My hsmp visa is valid till Jan 2009, and there have been rumors of upcoming redundancies in our organization. :cry:

If I am one of the unlucky ones, I might have to think about applying for HSMP extension as early as possible, as it might take months to get a job going by the current job market.

I searched the forum for topics where applying early for HSMP extension is discussed but could not get a definitive opinion.

Can people please share their personal experiences and opinion about the pros and cons of applying for extension this early? Any other advice would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:21 am

I don't think there is a definitive answer to your question.

Strictly speaking, renewal of your visa under the Tier 1 scheme should take place approximately 4-5 weeks before the expiry of your leave to remain. Or at least that's what the guidelines of the UKBA website say.

If you have extenuating circumstances, then you can submit your application early with a covering letter detailing why you are applying early. In all likelihood you will also need to submit evidence for this.

As you will have no doubt gathered by reading this website, there are reports that some people were able to aply early without any extenuating circumstances and were still granted their extensions. I'm not sure if it is dependant on the caseworker reviewing your application.

I just don't know if there really is a definitive answer to the question. Maybe somebody else can say otherwise?

rkrohela
BANNED

Early Application: HSMP to Tier 1

Post by rkrohela » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Hello Friend,

I am in the same boat as you. I called the Croydon Public Enquiry office to ask this question, and they clearly told:

From HSMP to Tier 1, early applications are perfectly possible.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rohit
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

SallyA
BANNED

Post by SallyA » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:12 pm

I know someone who applied and got it early - it must deoends on your circumstances or as drjabberwocky23 has put it the individual dealing with your case.... Its worth a shot either way :D

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:42 pm

hi everyone

my last day at work is 30 jan due to redundancy ( site closure) . i dont have enough earnings to apply right now for extension ( got visa feb 2008 , started working here by may 2008) i have been working only for 9 months ,
im hoping to get contract work for the next 3 mths and attending interviews for that next week - my query is
earnings through contract jobs do count for 'earnings category' as long as adequate evidence is supplied rite ?

SallyA
BANNED

Post by SallyA » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Yep they do - If your contracting in the UK I would advise using an Umbrella company that way you will take more home. I used Atlantic Umbrella and found them to be great :)