ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BHC Islamabad vs. Islamabad OC

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lubzy

BHC Islamabad vs. Islamabad OC

Post by lubzy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:08 pm

My husband's application status was "Application forwarded to British High Commission Islamabad on 23rd January 2009" but I've noticed today that this has changed to "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on" (there is no date given after the word on).

Can someone please tell me what the distinction is between the two and, specifically, what does OC stand for?

Thank you kindly.

215HAN

Post by 215HAN » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:08 pm

yes i would like to know this as well. not that mine has changed to that but i submitted mine on 2nd jan and it states forwarded to bhc and thats it. is it a good thing if it's OC or not.

Please advise.

Thanks

nightrider

Re: BHC Islamabad vs. Islamabad OC

Post by nightrider » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:04 pm

lubzy wrote:My husband's application status was "Application forwarded to British High Commission Islamabad on 23rd January 2009" but I've noticed today that this has changed to "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on" (there is no date given after the word on).

Can someone please tell me what the distinction is between the two and, specifically, what does OC stand for?

Thank you kindly.
at least yours is showing its forwarded, mines been 2 weeks and it still showing up as invalid.

ejaz2g

Post by ejaz2g » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:28 am

Hi There,
My wife has submitted her application from karachi on 26th nov and till last night it was showing application forwarded to british high comission but today its showing Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on. What does it mean. is it a good sign or ... Pls update if anyone knows or have experience about such message.

best regards
mohammad ejaz

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:25 am

Hello everyone!

I am facing the same problem with visa status :? don't know, what does it mean and searched out so much last night but din't really find anything convincing as to what does it mean? Anybody, knew something about this status, please update asap plzzz..

Well, I hav applied for Tier1(G) on 16th Dec 2008 from khi-pk and still waiting :cry:

Please update...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:18 am

Assalam-o-Alaikum:

Its really weird as I am getting two seperate msgs from two seperate links (web). When I saw my status by going through the "www.ukvacpk.com" and track your passport link, then it is this new msg now, ISLAMABAD OC.. but if I saw it on vfsglobal.org site, it is still same,"Application forwarded to BHC Isb on 16th dec". So, I personally feel that, there is a problem in ukvacpk.com site for tracking, coz this was also giving me status as INVALID SEARCH couple of days ago. So, better to track ur application from vfsglobal.org.

So guys, no need to worry about this status to me. Look! what is ur status on www.vfsglobal.org/applicationstatus....and share plzzz...

Waiting...Hope it helps out u people...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

ejaz2g

Application forwarded to Islamabad OC

Post by ejaz2g » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:21 am

Hello There,

I have submitted my wife application as dependent of Tier 1 Migrant generaly. Her aplication is showing the same status that "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC" and this message appeared from yesterday. Previously it was showing that application forwarded to British commission on 26th Nov 2008. As far as my wife application is concerned, I know that the application was submitted at karachi VAC but they have sent the application to Abudhabi office for processing. I have confirmed The status of me wife application from islamabad and Abudhabhi and they have confirmed that the applcation is under process and will be returned after checks has been finished.
To me from this message seems that Abudhabi has finished processing and the application is sent back to Islamabad and soon we will hear a good news.

Good luck chuck.

Mohammad

215HAN

Post by 215HAN » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:26 am

yes he is right!!

if you check your status at https://www.vfsglobal.org/applicantstatus.aspx
you will get forwarded to bhc.
but if you check through ukvacpk website it states application forwarded to islamabad oc.

What is goin on?

Please help.

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:44 am

I think everybody is very anxious on this post regarding their loved ones case.

Irrespective of what it says about ones application on these sites,it will still take the normal time and procedure till the final outcome.

The average wait according to last year figures for Islamabad for spouse visa is still 3 months. Very few and fortunate one gets theirs in less than this time.

In order not to hold ones hopes to high, you should wait at least a minimum of 12 weeks before enquiring about your case, because it is unlikely you will get a response.

If your loved ones are refused and you have to appeal, then to go through this process and winning it, and by the time your spouse arrives in UK, you are looking at 12 months.

I know your loved ones look forward to escaping from Pakistan on the first flight available to the UK, you have to tell them to a bit a patient, beacuse those same people who after living in the UK for about 2 yrs, want to escape this hell hole back to their own country. I have seemn it so many time already.

Here is a good link

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... ats2006-07

ejaz2g

Application forwarded to islamabad OC on

Post by ejaz2g » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:51 pm

Hello there,

Batley khan I appreciate your help regarding the issue but home office recently published a guide for the processing of cases across the world and this is compiled on the basis of the public statistics. You can download that from VAC website or can use the link below.

http://www.ukvacpk.com/Newsitem.pdf

According to this guide the karachi office decides 100% Tier 1 cases in 30 days where as mine is more than that because had applied on 26th Nov 2008. On the basis of the guide I should have get me wife reply but unfortunately I am still waiting and the home office didn't send me anything which is slightly weird.
Does any one has any idea or comments?

Best Regards
Mohammad

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:21 pm

The Home Office figures are all well and done, but unfortunately in reality this is not the case, as you and a few other people have found out that it takes a lot longer to get a result.

As someone who deals with such matter regularly, I can tell you from experience that on average most settlement cases take up to 3 months.

Also each case is different and is looked upon its own merit. Also the time of applying as well as the location where the application is lodged can make a difference.

Figures that you talk about can easily be manipulated and interpreted differently. People like me go by exprience, becaause I have dealt with all these organisation. My advice 2u is to be patient and you will succed

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:53 pm

Assalam-o-Alaikum:

@ejaz2g
hmmm...your opinion is quite understandable too though, but have you chkd your status on vfsglobal website???If that is still ISB OC one, then one can guess, what u think about it. I even din't know that my case is being forwarded to Abudhabi.

@All
I want to share one more thing with you ppl. I come to know from one of the other forum that the application from those, who had visited UK, surely taking more time than others. Can ANyone comment on that plz?

Also keep updating plzz...

GOOD LUCK everyone including me

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

ejaz2g

Post by ejaz2g » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Batley thanks for the info about the settlement case. I know it takes 3 months normally in processing.
First of all will say that my case is not the settlement. Its the non settlement application for the dependent of the Tier 1 migrant general. If you go through any home office or vac website will find that the straight forward application takes 10-15 working days and can take more for cases having problems or if they need further varification.
As far as the confirmation is concern I can confirm that they didn't confirm anything from me office.
I don't know whats wrong with my application because I have attached all the related stuff as per case worker book eg. my wage slips, employer letter and bla bla.
I hope that inshAllah soon will hear a good new. To me it doesn't matter if it takes long because in any case my wife is not coming over before summer.

Zeeshan I have checked saveral times across the vfsglobal website and it tells me that the application is forwarded to islamabad oc on.
I have received saveral emails from the Abudhabi and islamabad office confirming that the application was posted to Abudhabi and the Abudhabi office has confirmed that my case was with them and under process.
Wish you all the best.
Your comments will be highly appreciated.

Mohammad

ejaz2g

Post by ejaz2g » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:03 pm

Hello dear all,
And at last the message changed on the website and its saying " Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same"
I was right that this is the indication that they have processed the file. Now please pray for the result because some one will fly to karachi and will pick the docs from there.
Wish you all the best all.

Best regards
Mohammad Khan

215HAN

Post by 215HAN » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:26 pm

thats great news!

so did this change for application forwarded to islamabad oc and what is the time difference between the change?

Thanks

ejaz2g

Post by ejaz2g » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:10 pm

First time it changed into application forwarded to Islamabad OC last night and an hour ago the status changed from that to collection of passport. Overall it took 24 hours.

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 am

Hello everyone:
@All

Update from myside is that I have got my status of application changed today and it is now "Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same"

THANK GOD, atlast I saw this status for my application as it was after a long wait from 16th Dec'08.

Anyone please guide me that, what should be the next step from me now??? I guess, I have to wait for their call for appointment?Am I right??I am also confused with this status a bit, coz. why they have used Your APPLICATION rather than Your PASSPORT? Please spare some time and help me guys...

Do PRAY for me you all plzzz...

Good Luck for everyone including me..

@Ejaz2g

GOOD LUCK and Best Wishes to you too Mohammad Khan. I am from khi too, and now waiting for the call from vac-khi, to book an appointment for collection...

Do pray for me too plzzz...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

215HAN

Post by 215HAN » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:17 pm

go2zeeshan2004

How long after did your status change from your application forwarded to islamabad oc to the status you have now. I mean what is the time difference.

please advise. thanks.

ejaz2g

Post by ejaz2g » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:28 pm

zeeshan there is no need to wait for their call. Go straight to the VAC center (Fedex) office tomorrow because its kashmir day today. The passport collection timing a month ago was roughly 1200-1430. I don't have any idea if they have changed this or still they running the same system. you need to confirm this from their office. Just give it a go and best of luck. My brother will fly today from peshawar to karachi and will try to collect the docs tomorrow InshAllah. see you soon mate.

ejaz2g

hello

Post by ejaz2g » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:31 pm

Bro as far as your question is concerned about the time span so its roughly 24 hours during what it changes from one forwarded to collection mode.
Zeeshan my email address is ejaz2g@gmail.com. shall you need any info about anything please fire me an email and will reply to you. best of luck dude.

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:48 pm

@21 5han
Sir, that status was I don't exactly know the time though but it was changd from ISB OC to this new one within 2-3 days, thats for sure. Reason I don't know exactly is, I stopped viewing it and switched to vfsglobal site where it was the same as before and when I came back here today morning on gerry's site, it is chngd to this one. Hope I answer ur question...

@ejaz2g
Thanks alot sir for ur info. and ofcourse for ur email address. My address is go2zeeshan@gmail.com. Yes, I will ask abt timings and go tomorrow InshaAllah. Good Luck to both of us. You want me to fire u ? hehehe... I mean email bro :wink: u told that na :lol:

Stay in touch..

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

zynii
Newly Registered

same OC problem

Post by zynii » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Salam All!
we are facing the same problem we had applied for settlement visas as dependent of my father who is british national ,,on 2nd january 2009
n i have been regularly checking the status n it was changed yesterday that ur ((((((((((APPLICATION FORWARDED TO ISLAMABAD OC ON))))),,,,
so to confirm that i call VAC n asked them abt the status they said its under process n than i asked them abt that OC they said its in BHC
i frther asked him what doeas it means he said its observation center
m still confused ? help me out guys

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:14 am

@zynii

No need to worry dear. As far as the status is concerned, I come to the conclusion that this status is the last status one can get before collection status, and it can take 2-3 days maximum. Hope, ur status will be changed to Application collection today. So, no need to worry and just be patient. meanwhile, PRAY for urself and for others too..

GOODLUCK...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

zynii
Newly Registered

Post by zynii » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:23 pm

ya INSHALLAH
lets hope for the best

asifposter
Newly Registered

Post by asifposter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:43 pm

Salaam everyone.

BHC Islamabad = The British High Commission in Islamabad

Islamabad OC = This is the term used for applications sent to Abu Dhabi.

Due to the volume of applications and staff shortage at BHC Islamabad, half of the applications are being sent to Abu Dhabi to be processed and cut the workload.