ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application - dependant born in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

faz123

ILR application - dependant born in UK

Post by faz123 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:00 am

Hi everyone,
I would be grateful if someone could kindly advise me please. My daughter is currently 8 months old and I have got her passport 1 month ago. I am due to apply for ILR on HSMP basis next month with my wife and children as my dependants. Do I need to apply HSMP dependant visa using FLR(O) form for my daughter first or can I just apply for her ILR visa as my dependant when I submit my ILR application. (That would mean that she would not have any valid visa on her passport when we apply for ILR)

Thanks every one.

vinny

Re: ILR application - dependant born in UK

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:21 am

faz123 wrote:can I just apply for her ILR visa as my dependant when I submit my ILR application. (That would mean that she would not have any valid visa on her passport when we apply for ILR)
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

faz123

Post by faz123 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:47 am

Thanks a lot Vinny.

Sam123

Post by Sam123 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:05 am

Hi Vinni and Faz

I am also in a similar situation, my child was born in Sept 2008 and I got her first pasport last month, I am planning to apply for my ILR in March 09 on the basis of completion of 5 years on WP- Can I send her passport for ILR along with my application. There is no visa stamp on her passport at the moment. Whats the right procedure?

Thanks for your help.

Sam

rajumr
Newly Registered

Post by rajumr » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:58 am

Hello Folks,
I was in similar situation. My son was born in March, 2008. I got his passport in April, 2008 and included him in my ILR application in june,2008.

It all went fine. Please make sure you include long birth certificate that shows parents names.

cheers
Raju

faz123

Post by faz123 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks Raju for sharing your experience. It means that i do not have to waste money applying for HSMP dependant first. Many thanks again.

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:17 pm

For all those who have children born in the UK, you can apply for your children to be registered as British Citizens as soon as you get ILR, use form MN1.

All the best