ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 ( child registration as British Citizen)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leoleoleo
Newly Registered

MN1 ( child registration as British Citizen)

Post by leoleoleo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi
I got my ILR yesterday from Crodon PEO.I have booked appointment with NCS ( Application to register my son as british citizen Form MN1) .
I was just wondering how long does it take now a days for such registration .
Anyone who has recently been through this process , Can you please share your timelines ?

Thanks in advance
Leoleoleo

mna8

Post by mna8 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi,

I did it in september, 208.

Dates:

2nd September submitted to NCS
19th September I got my daughter Certificate.

Thanks
mna

munisa

Post by munisa » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Leoleoleo,
Please clarify for me how it is possible to register your soon after getting ILR. I have always thought that after you get ILR you have to wait for 12 months before to naturalise and register the children? Has this changed?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

mna8

Post by mna8 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:46 pm

HI,

Once you get your ILR then you can register a child born in UK as a British. Just complete MN1 form and if you want take an appoint with any NCS.

Thanks
mna

leoleoleo
Newly Registered

Post by leoleoleo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Thanks mna8
I called Nationality services today and they said it take arround 6-8 months and i was shocked on such a long wait .
I assume NCS cuts lot of delays so it is definitely worth spending NCS fee.

Munisa
You can register your kids as british citizen after you get ILR regardless of when they were born either before ILR or after ILR .

Thanks
leoleoleo

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: MN1 ( child registration as British Citizen)

Post by tasha75 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:20 am

leoleoleo wrote: I was just wondering how long does it take now a days for such registration
Applied 1 November 08, received certificates 20 November (dated 15th).
Do not live your life in fear.

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:22 am

leoleoleo wrote:Thanks mna8
You can register your kids as british citizen after you get ILR regardless of when they were born either before ILR or after ILR .
If they are born after ILR, then they will be automatically British, no need to register them. Just apply straight for British passport.
Do not live your life in fear.

Titanic999

Post by Titanic999 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:54 am

If the child is born outside UK and parents have ILR/british citizenship, then can we directly apply British passport for the child??

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Titanic999 wrote:

If the child is born outside UK and parents have ILR/british citizenship, then can we directly apply British passport for the child??Now what does the parent ILR or BC?

If ILR then no, the child needs to be in Born in UK.

If BC then yes you can register the as British and apply for a passport after the registeration.

munisa

Post by munisa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:09 pm

Siggi wrote:Titanic999 wrote:

If the child is born outside UK and parents have ILR/british citizenship, then can we directly apply British passport for the child??Now what does the parent ILR or BC?

If ILR then no, the child needs to be in Born in UK.

If BC then yes you can register the as British and apply for a passport after the registeration.
Siggi,
Thanks for the information. Just clarify for me please: If I get ILR, and my children were born outside UK, can I register them immediately me + them get the ILR while I wait another 12 months to naturalise myself?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Munisa, you need to get ILR together with your children and then apply for naturalisation in 1 year's time.

The MN1 registration in the earlier posts were for children born in the UK and whose parents got ILR at a later date.

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:07 pm

Munisa,
If you get ILR and your children were born outside UK, then you can't register them as British immediately after you and your children getting ILR.

munisa wrote:
Siggi,
Thanks for the information. Just clarify for me please: If I get ILR, and my children were born outside UK, can I register them immediately me + them get the ILR while I wait another 12 months to naturalise myself?

koomar
Newly Registered

MN1 application

Post by koomar » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for registration for my children few days ago, i have been informed by the liverpool office that the processing time is seven months! in the mean time, i have already book a ticket to travel abroad in June 2009.

i would appreciate if any body can give me an idea how can i take my children with me that will not jeopadise their present application on MN1

gg234

Re: MN1 application

Post by gg234 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Hello Guys,

Both parents need to have ILR to apply our baby British registration certificate or only one parent with ILR is fine

koomar
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 application

Post by koomar » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:02 pm

gg234 wrote:Hello Guys,

Both parents need to have ILR to apply our baby British registration certificate or only one parent with ILR is fine
As per British Nationality Act 1981, Section 1 paragraph3 (if applicable); the child can be registered with only one parent having the ILR. i have linked the Act, however search for the Act.

Hope that help

[/img]http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content.as ... size=22370