ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zafarali
Newly Registered

Post by zafarali » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:36 pm

Docuements sent: 2 Jan 2009
Reached HO: 3 Jan 2009
Reference Received 6th Jan dated 5th Jan
Fee deducted: 7 Jan 2009
Stauts : Waiting
IGS ->>> Tier 1 General
Applied within UK

atuliiit
Newly Registered

Post by atuliiit » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:16 am

HSMP to Tier1 Extension

Posted by Royal Mail : 22 Dec 2008
Received by Home Office on: 23 Dec 2008 (reference number allocated)
Payment Processed on: 29 Dec 2008
Confirmation Letter with reference number received : 29 Dec 2008

Status - Under processing

Called home office on 30 Jan 2009 and status is In Process (They don't have any other information)

Any one applied around same time from UK ?
Last edited by atuliiit on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pappuyogs
Newly Registered

Post by pappuyogs » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:53 pm

atuliiit wrote:HSMP to Tier1 Extension

Status - Pending

Called home office on 30 Jan 2009 and status is In Process (They don't have any other information)

Home office has this on their website:

During the week commencing 2 February 2009, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 3 January 2008.

Last week it was for Applications received before 24th December. Hypothetically, they should process your application this week.

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I got a different status few moments ago on gerry's tracking link. It was "Application forwarded to BHC on 16th Dec 2008" earlier but today it is "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on" thats it... I am confused,as to what does it mean?Can anybody help me out plz? Anybody know the exact meaning of this status?Is this the same as before or means something else?

Reply asap plzzz...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

birdee
Newly Registered

Post by birdee » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:58 pm

atuliiit wrote:HSMP to Tier1 Extension

Status - Pending

Much before yours on 12 Nov, still awaiting to hear , your application is under processing

atuliiit
Newly Registered

Post by atuliiit » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi Maharaja,
Any update on yours dear
thenextmaharaja wrote:
dilip_gem wrote:Applied on 13- Jan-2009 (made cash payment)
Waiting...

Status (as of 27-Jan )shows that "Documents were frwdd to BHC of 13-Jan"

Can anybody share the different statuses ... I mean the life cycle.. I guess the initial status is "Documents were frwdd to BHC on .."

Sorry, I can't answer your question about the different stages of processing, but would you mind telling me how you found out what the status of your application is? If it was by calling UKBA, how were you able to get a response (I was told that my application had not been received within 6 weeks, therefore they weren't able to give me any information about it)?

Many thanks in advance!

Application received by UKBA: 24 December
Payment taken: 29 December

ghulbhai

Post by ghulbhai » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:01 pm

all of you come here to england and end up being jobless like us....

and enjoy being jobless.

ghulbhai

Post by ghulbhai » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:01 pm

we made our mistakes, so you have the right to make your mistakes too...

we always long for what we dont have and lose what we already have.

i lost mine.. and all of you long to be like me.

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:15 am

Hello everyone:

Update from myside is that I have got my status of application changed today and it is now "Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same"

THANK GOD, atlast I saw this status for my application as it was after a long wait from 16th Dec'08.

Anyone please guide me that, what should be the next step from me now??? I guess, I have to wait for their call for appointment?Am I right??I am also confused with this status a bit, coz. why they have used Your APPLICATION rather than Your PASSPORT? Please spare some time and help me guys...

Do PRAY for me you all plzzz...

Good Luck for everyone including me..

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

atuliiit
Newly Registered

Post by atuliiit » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:10 pm

HSMP to Tier1 Extension (from UK)

Approved on - 3 Feb 2009
Passport received on - 5 Feb 2009

This Forum rocks

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: Hi

Post by T_mahmood » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Its mean that you can go to Gerry's where you have submitted your passports to collect. They always say, application which means passports....which you best of luck......

go2zeeshan2004 wrote:Hello everyone:

Update from myside is that I have got my status of application changed today and it is now "Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same"

THANK GOD, atlast I saw this status for my application as it was after a long wait from 16th Dec'08.

Anyone please guide me that, what should be the next step from me now??? I guess, I have to wait for their call for appointment?Am I right??I am also confused with this status a bit, coz. why they have used Your APPLICATION rather than Your PASSPORT? Please spare some time and help me guys...

Do PRAY for me you all plzzz...

Good Luck for everyone including me..

Regards,
Thinking low is crime....

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:41 pm

THANKS Mahmood bhai...
Regards,

Zeeshan

dilip_gem

Got my visa stamped.

Post by dilip_gem » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi All,
I got my visa stamped today :)
My sincere Thanks to EACH and EVERYONE on this Forum for the help. Because of this forum I was able to save INR 50k ( otherwise I would have paid this money to a consultant)
I Request the ppl who aspire to apply for Visa, NOT to go for a consultant. If u read all the posts on this forum it is more than enough to prepare documentation and successfully get the visa. In my case I claimed only 75 points (then 10+10 points for funds and english language requirement) and got the visa :)

My special thanks to Push_HSMP, who answered many of my queries. Below are my details

Docs submitted to VFS Hyd on 13th Jan 2009
Got passport with visa stamped on 06th Feb 2009
visa valid from 15-mar-2009 till 15-mar-2012

Currently I working with one of the world's finest company. and seeing the market situation I'm planning to fly little late. Can anybody tell me till what date I should be able to travel without any issues at the port of entry ( in case of delayed travel). I read on some forum that we have to travel within 3 months from the visa start date ?

Thanks and Regards,
Gem

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:52 pm

An update from myside is: Alhumdulillah, I got my TIER1 (G) visa today. My sincere and heartiest THANKS to everyone for the support and guidance.My timeline is as below :

Applied for Tier1 (G) Fresh from khi-pk - 16th December 2008

Status on website (www.ukvacpk.com) from then till 4-5 days back was Forwarded to BHC and chngd to Forwarded to ISB OC 2-3 days back, then chngd to ready for collection yesterday

Verification (any type, from anywhere)- No information

Collected visa stamped (Alhumdulillah) - 06th Feb'09

Hope, this will be more than enough information for everyone, who is waiting. Feel free to ask anything if u want about your application.

GOOD LUCK to everyone...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Got my visa stamped.

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:59 pm

dilip_gem wrote:Hi All,
My sincere Thanks to EACH and EVERYONE on this Forum for the help. Because of this forum I was able to save INR 50k ( otherwise I would have paid this money to a consultant)
I Request the ppl who aspire to apply for Visa, NOT to go for a consultant. If u read all the posts on this forum it is more than enough to prepare documentation and successfully get the visa. In my case I claimed only 75 points (then 10+10 points for funds and english language requirement) and got the visa :)

My special thanks to Push_HSMP, who answered many of my queries. Below are my details

Currently I working with one of the world's finest company. and seeing the market situation I'm planning to fly little late. Can anybody tell me till what date I should be able to travel without any issues at the port of entry ( in case of delayed travel). I read on some forum that we have to travel within 3 months from the visa start date ?

Thanks and Regards,
Gem
i have applied on 19th Jan, waiting for result... As of my knowledge (i worked in uk 2 years, and i am regularly following somany forums for hsmp). U can travell with in 3 months with out any issues. But if you want to travel after 3 months to upto ur visa validity, You are ready to answer proper reason, why you are not able to travel. Even i am planning to travel this year or early next year... My suggestions are like you should prove that,
1) Medical problems.... if possible take some evidence.
2) your the responsible person in ur family...... and u need to arrange the all alternatives for your dependents.. for that reason ur unable to go....
3) In your current employeer some project is in critical ,,, you need to stay there to finish... as ur a responsible person ur cant leave the work in middle and go... because of that reason u r not able to travel in middle..

these are the some reasons i have identified to explain in the immegration officer.

But i know some people travelled after 1 year ,,, but no one asked any question...

but one of my frined travelled after 8 months but he retured with in 1weeek then they quetioned but... he some how managed. He travelled just to make a stampping on the passport,,, as he gone for some business trip to europe......

I belive these information may help you... if i am wrong any where and you got any updates on this issue. update me also yar....

any way best of luck for your future. Just wanted to know one thing if you dont mind... in which technology your working ,,, if we both similar ,,, we will share each other....... feel free to mail me on info2kotha@gmail.com.

and please quote HSMP in the subject line then i can easily identify you....

cheers,
suresh

dilip_gem

Re: Got my visa stamped.

Post by dilip_gem » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:41 am

Thanks Suresh :) I will try and fly as early as possible.

haiksuresh wrote:
dilip_gem wrote:Hi All,

Thanks and Regards,
Gem
i have applied on 19th Jan, waiting for result... As of my knowledge (i worked in uk 2 years, and i am regularly following somany forums for hsmp). U can travell with in 3 months with out any issues. But if you want to travel after 3 months to upto ur visa validity, You are ready to answer proper reason, why you are not able to travel. Even i am planning to travel this year or early next year... My suggestions are like you should prove that,
1) Medical problems.... if possible take some evidence.
2) your the responsible person in ur family...... and u need to arrange the all alternatives for your dependents.. for that reason ur unable to go....
3) In your current employeer some project is in critical ,,, you need to stay there to finish... as ur a responsible person ur cant leave the work in middle and go... because of that reason u r not able to travel in middle..

these are the some reasons i have identified to explain in the immegration officer.

But i know some people travelled after 1 year ,,, but no one asked any question...

but one of my frined travelled after 8 months but he retured with in 1weeek then they quetioned but... he some how managed. He travelled just to make a stampping on the passport,,, as he gone for some business trip to europe......

I belive these information may help you... if i am wrong any where and you got any updates on this issue. update me also yar....

any way best of luck for your future. Just wanted to know one thing if you dont mind... in which technology your working ,,, if we both similar ,,, we will share each other....... feel free to mail me on info2kotha@gmail.com.

and please quote HSMP in the subject line then i can easily identify you....

cheers,
suresh

birdee
Newly Registered

Applied from Inside UK in Nov

Post by birdee » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:23 pm

hi,

I have HO acknowledge applicaion on 13 Nov but status is still the same(under further consideration) not sure what that exactly means. My project is finishing on 13 march and visa expiring on 21st march. My Company is asking me to go back to india as they do not forsee any project for me.

HO says your visa status remains as it is even after 21st March incase you do no hear till then(sounds scary that I might not recv till march :( ) since the passport is with HO.

My concern incase my comapny asks me to go back, how can I get my passport back from HO unless I just decide to wait and sit at home or

is there a way to expedite the process

any advise highly appreciated?

jees_uk
Newly Registered

Post by jees_uk » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:44 am

In-Country - Work Permit ---> Tier 1 (General)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Applications Sent by Royal Mail on : 22-Dec-2008
Received by UKBA/HomeOffice on : 23-Dec-2008
Payment Processed on : 23-Dec-2008 (through CreditCard)
Reference Number letter received: 27-Dec-2008

VISA approved/stamped on : 02-Feb-2009
Passports received by Royal mail: 05-Feb-2009

Good luck.... for all of you

Regards,
jees_uk

z00ps00p

Post by z00ps00p » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:13 am

Out-of-country HSMP transitional Tier 1 (General) application.

HSMP application and documents sent from India to Sheffield via FedEx: Third week of March 2008
HSMP application and documents received at Sheffield: Fourth week of March 2008 (nine days later)
Credit card charged for HSMP fees: Fourth week of March 2008 (same day as receipt)
HSMP approval letter dated: Second week of July 2008 (105 days since Sheffield receipt)
HSMP approval letter received at Bangalore via regular post (:x): Fourth week of July 2008 (14 days later)
Total HSMP time, here to here: 9 + 105 + 14 = 128 days

Transitional Tier 1 (General) application submitted at VFS Global centre at Bangalore: First week of January 2009 (submitted with a demand draft)
Transitional Tier 1 (General) application received at BDHC Chennal: Second week of January 2009 (two days later)
Passport received with visa stamp: First week of February 2009 (28 days after BDHC receipt, 30 days after VFS submission).
Total Transitional Tier 1 (General) time, here to here: 30 days

bob16
Newly Registered

HSMP << JR Rulling << Extension << tier 1

Post by bob16 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi Extension for HSMP to FLR under JR Rulling

Application sent to Durham : 09th January 2009
Payment taken : 12th January 2009
Applicatioin ref no by post : 14th January 2009

Still.....Waiting for passport ....17 Feb 2009

Best of luck to all

Bob
Last edited by bob16 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:34 pm

At present, if the application is made in the UK, it appears as though they will only start assessing your application approximately 4 weeks after submission. For example, they are assessing applications made in the first week of January at present, which is approximately 4-5 weeks behind schedule.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:47 am

drjabberwocky23 wrote:At present, if the application is made in the UK, it appears as though they will only start assessing your application approximately 4 weeks after submission. For example, they are assessing applications made in the first week of January at present, which is approximately 4-5 weeks behind schedule.
Dr.jabber...

You are right, i also found that most of the people who received their visas got around and after 5th week.. as you mentioned, the HO looks into your applicaiton by the end of 4th week and by the end of 5th or early 6th result is declared...

cheers

riti
Newly Registered

Tier1 dependant application processing time

Post by riti » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi All,

Is there anyone who have applied for Tier1 dependant recently in after Dec 08?
I have applied on14th Jan. Even after 3+ weeks fee is not deducted and no recept of acknowledgment from HO :(

birdee
Newly Registered

Re: Applied from Inside UK in Nov

Post by birdee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:59 pm

birdee wrote:hi,

I have HO acknowledge applicaion on 13 Nov but status is still the same(under further consideration) not sure what that exactly means. My project is finishing on 13 march and visa expiring on 21st march. My Company is asking me to go back to india as they do not forsee any project for me.

HO says your visa status remains as it is even after 21st March incase you do no hear till then(sounds scary that I might not recv till march :( ) since the passport is with HO.

My concern incase my comapny asks me to go back, how can I get my passport back from HO unless I just decide to wait and sit at home or

Well every beginning has an end(as said in matrix 8)) and so this saga has come to an end. I have received my stamped visa along with passport today. It has been stamped till feb 2012

Patience is the key to all your misery, thx

girlinLondon

Re: Applied from Inside UK in Nov

Post by girlinLondon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:51 am

Birdee,

Congatualtions!
I have some hope now. I applied on 5th December. same status as previous status. keeping my fingers crossed.

birdee wrote:
birdee wrote:hi,

Well every beginning has an end(as said in matrix 8)) and so this saga has come to an end. I have received my stamped visa along with passport today. It has been stamped till feb 2012

Patience is the key to all your misery, thx