ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Congratulations Birdee.
I had applied around you on 17-nov-08. Still waiting but your approval has given me hope. :lol:

parag23
Newly Registered

Post by parag23 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:14 pm

Congratulations birdee,

I have an acknowledgement of my case on 20 Nov. 2008. Lets hope...Still waiting.....!!!!!!

sreed_iyer
Newly Registered

market condition

Post by sreed_iyer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Guys Good luck and congrats to all you have applied and got visas.
if you are travelling from india ,leaving your present job and looking for jobs in uk ...the market conditions are very tough.

So many good people are in the market...

i know of a friend who did the same ...spent about 2 lacs of his savings
in uk...while searching for the job..and then had to go back....

Bright Star
Newly Registered

Post by Bright Star » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:13 am

Hi Team,
Thanks for the immense information posted here.
If I apply for PBS Tier-1 Visa from India does the two stages i.e, approval and stamping happen at one go or does it happen in two stages? If it happens in two stages, what is the maximium timelimit given for the second stage once the first stage approval is on hand?

My problem is that, I have a Tier-2 Visa which is valid for one year plus from the current organization in india. In case if i decide to remain with the organization for some more time and if they ask me to travel on Tier-2, they will find out that i had changed the status from Tier-2 to Tier-1. It would be a problem for me. Kindly advice. In this org, they do not advice people to travel on HSMP for short term assignments. In fact we had a case just recently, that a person holding Tier-1 visa is not allowed to travel for 5 weeks on a project and he has been adviced to apply for Tier-2 which will in fact cancel the Tier-1 visa which he is already holding.

Kindly advice.

Your help is highly appreciated.

abinanthanb
Newly Registered

Post by abinanthanb » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:00 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
drjabberwocky23 wrote:At present, if the application is made in the UK, it appears as though they will only start assessing your application approximately 4 weeks after submission. For example, they are assessing applications made in the first week of January at present, which is approximately 4-5 weeks behind schedule.
Dr.jabber...

You are right, i also found that most of the people who received their visas got around and after 5th week.. as you mentioned, the HO looks into your applicaiton by the end of 4th week and by the end of 5th or early 6th result is declared...

cheers
In country HSMP to Tier1 General - FLR extension

Application acknowledged on 24th December 2008
Fee deducted on 29th December 2008

Yet to receive anything from Home Office. (as on 15th Feb 2009)

Pretty straight forward and no hassles on supporting docs. Dont know why its taking so much of time.

Do have my Sister's marriage falling on 27th Feb. Panic signs have started appearing already! :(

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:15 am

abinanthanb wrote:

Pretty straight forward and no hassles on supporting docs. Dont know why its taking so much of time.

Do have my Sister's marriage falling on 27th Feb. Panic signs have started appearing already! :(
Why dont you sent the Urgent Treatment application.. with the evidences like flight tickets, marriage invitation card, explaining the reason for UT in a COVER Letter clearly..

Because you already waited 6weeks so you are eligible to know the current status..

goodluck
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

abinanthanb

Post by hsmp28122006 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:16 am

Did you call HO to know status of your application?

ashokccs

Current Processing times

Post by ashokccs » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:21 am

Hi Friends,

Came across a link while surfing and found useful for knowing the current processing times center wise. Pasting the link for your info...

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... scustomers

Best is yet to come,
Ash.

abinanthanb
Newly Registered

Post by abinanthanb » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:16 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
abinanthanb wrote:

Why dont you sent the Urgent Treatment application.. with the evidences like flight tickets, marriage invitation card, explaining the reason for UT in a COVER Letter clearly..

Because you already waited 6weeks so you are eligible to know the current status..

goodluck
Called HO today, the passport was posted on 11th Feb through recorded delivery. Now its been a week since and still I haven't received. RM says the parcel is not traceable since its not a special delivery. Keeping my fingers crossed.

bbkaran

My timeline

Post by bbkaran » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:20 pm

HSMP FLR extension application (under JR):

Application posted on 2nd Jan.
Money taken on 5th Jan.
Passports returned on 30th Jan.
[Moderator Edit: No advertising]

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Called HO again today. same response 'under further consideration'. i said its been more than 14 weeks and was told if i wanted to get more of a response i should write in. Has anybody tried writing to them?
Also, any other student to tier 1 switchers out there?

Student to Tier 1 highly skilled
App sent 17-nov-08
Ack rcvd 25-nov-08

parag23
Newly Registered

Post by parag23 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi dtjesus,

I also am a student to Tier 1 highly skilled switcher.

applied on : 19/11/2008
recieved ack dated: 20/11/2008, But i am getting the same reply 'under further consideration'. I really dont know what are they upto?.......have they called your country yet for verfication of the employer?......my current visa has also elapsed but they say it doesnt matter but the thing is you cannot start working until you have the visa, i mean just wasting time...

wahmed80

Post by wahmed80 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:55 am

Hi Parag

I am also switching from student to Tier-1.

I applied on 15th Dec. I also hold a job offer but could not start work :cry:

Regards,
Wahab

GJ10
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Approved

Post by GJ10 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi All,

My Tier 1 got approved on 18th Jan (application posted on 25th Sept'08).

Just wanted to thank Viralshah and Piyush123 for emotional support and encouragement.

I had posted my application on 25th Sept'08 and recieved the documents in January. I had sent a UT request on the basis of a Job offer but was not considered. The only communication i had recieved was a letter asking me to send the Payslips from Sept onwards in the third week of December.

I was frustrated as my case was quite straight forward. Just want to reassure you guys that Home Office follows the process to the word. Please make sure that you have supplied everything that is asked and a supporting letter (from University or Employer) if something is not clear.

Wishing you all good luck.

Be patient and enjoy your time. The application may take three weeks or three months, do not waste your time being frustrated, make the most of your time, whatever it might be.

Signing off :-))

Regards,

GJ10

drsquirrel

Post by drsquirrel » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Last edited by drsquirrel on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:11 pm

parag23 wrote:.......have they called your country yet for verfication of the employer..
yes that was done i believe about 3 weeks ago. usually ppl say that is the last bit of the process and decision is made right after that. didnt happen in my case :(

Going through this forum, it seems that UK Student - Tier 1 switching applications are experiencing much more delay than any other ones. I guess we should have a different thread for switching categories as well.

KaranB
Newly Registered

Present applying time within UK

Post by KaranB » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Can anyone tell how long is the revert back time if I am applying from within UK.

My Application was recieved on 22nd Jan'09 and do we have any rough time frame or did some one else applied for HSMP Tier 1, during this time frame.

I need to visit my family for urgent important issue, can anyone help and update me, Please.

Cheers
KB

parag23
Newly Registered

Post by parag23 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:27 pm

dtjesus wrote:
parag23 wrote:.......have they called your country yet for verfication of the employer..
yes that was done i believe about 3 weeks ago. usually ppl say that is the last bit of the process and decision is made right after that. didnt happen in my case :(

Going through this forum, it seems that UK Student - Tier 1 switching applications are experiencing much more delay than any other ones. I guess we should have a different thread for switching categories as well.
No they haven't called my employer yet. I have no idea what is happening. Sure do let me know if you think about starting a new thread for this.

parag23
Newly Registered

Post by parag23 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:30 pm

wahmed80 wrote:Hi Parag

I am also switching from student to Tier-1.

I applied on 15th Dec. I also hold a job offer but could not start work :cry:

Regards,
Wahab
Hi wahmed, Well mate what to say. In this case I am just clueless. As these people don't even give you a clear picture of what is happening with the application which really frustrates you. I have called them so many times but still the same asnwer- 'under further consideration'. While taking money they are exceptionally fast.

roball
Newly Registered

Post by roball » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:36 pm

yes.... taking our money is what they excel with.

I think mine's a pretty straight forward app but apparently not.

WP --> Tier 1
Received: Dec 31st 08
Acknowledged: Jan 2nd 09
Status 13th Feb: Awaiting consideration
Status 18th Feb: Under consideration
Status 19th Feb: Awaiting further consideration

Which I've taken as a cue that i should expect to wait >14 weeks for any decision to be made... all the while having to turn down job offers because they are unable to keep a vacant post.....

skar123
Newly Registered

Visa stamped...

Post by skar123 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:27 pm

All,

I got Tier 1 Visa stamped today

Applied on 09th February 2008
Visa Stamped on 20th February 2008

Thank you all very much for the information in this website. It would have been impossible without all your help for me to get visa stamped.

Today is my birthday and what more can I ask for.....Praise The Lord...

ckshekar14

Post by ckshekar14 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:01 am

Hi skar123

Where did u apply for VISA

I had applied on 11th FEB from VFS Blore. still no news.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Re: Visa stamped...

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:58 am

skar123 wrote:All,

I got Tier 1 Visa stamped today

Applied on 09th February 2008
Visa Stamped on 20th February 2008

Thank you all very much for the information in this website. It would have been impossible without all your help for me to get visa stamped.

Today is my birthday and what more can I ask for.....Praise The Lord...
Dude .... please be clear with your dates that u mention ......

U mention as u got ur visa TODAY thats 20th FEB 2009 .....

But ur applied stamped dates are mentioning 2008 ??? was it last year then ???? :shock:

You are confusing the whole lot of the bloggers out there ....

Please correct it if its wrongly put up ! :!:

parag23
Newly Registered

still waiting for the Tier 1 visa applied - in Country...!!!

Post by parag23 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Can any 1 tell me how much time, maximum the HO can take for declaring a decision on tier 1 application. Called today and they say "call after the 26th feb" as I complete the whole cycle of 14 weeks. :(

Applied: 20/11/08

Don't know what to do as its been really a lot of time. Are their any legal actions that can be taken or urgent treatment system for the fist time applicants for speeding up the case?

wahmed80

Post by wahmed80 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi Parag,
I understand ur pain as I am also going through the same process. Has HO contacted you previous employer for salary verification?