ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BHC Islamabad vs. Islamabad OC

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:37 am

@Asif
Walaikum Assalam dear:

According to the experiences here, I come to know that whatever this OC stands for, this status shows that you will be getting your application back soon. I do had this status which is later in 2 days chngd to App ready for collection. And yes, my application was sent to AbuDhabi as well.

Anyways, thanks for info.

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

ejaz2g

status changed

Post by ejaz2g » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:02 pm

My conclusion is that the Application forwarded to islamabad oc appears to those cases forwarded to Abudhabi and when they have returned to islamabad this is the final stage appears on screen.
This status appeared for me wife application and within a couple of days it changed into docs collection mode and we have collected our docs from karachi office then.
No need to worry about it because this is the procedure and this thing happens to most of us. Best of luck to all of you.
zeeshan what happened to your application, successful or...

Ballu
Newly Registered

Post by Ballu » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:36 pm

AOA

Hello guyz i have checked my application status on sunday it says FORWARED TO ISLAMABAD OC on 5 FEB 12PM and today i checked again my status is same can any body tell me that how long it take to change from ISLAMABAD OC to READY FOR COLLECTION

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Found out what OC stands for. It is Overseas Country.

It means that certain applications are sent overseas(ie Dubai) to be dealt with by the BHC in that country.

Hope this helps

awais_bukhari
Newly Registered

Post by awais_bukhari » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:17 pm

I think the status 'Forwarded to Islamabad O C' shows those applications that have returned from Abu Dhabi to Islamabad before final collection. The status of my application is also changed to O C on 4-02-2009 and I am waiting for collection message as yet. Insha-Allah it will change in next few days. Note that I submitted my application on 4-12-2008.

215HAN

Post by 215HAN » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:24 pm

hi all,

it takes 7 days to change from oc to ready for collection. as mine changed to oc on 1st feb and this morning changed to ready for collection. but i do not know which site to go off. if i check through ukvacpk.com i get status ready for collection but if i go to vfsglobal.org i get app forward to bhc.

very very confused!!

any suggestions.

awais_bukhari
Newly Registered

Post by awais_bukhari » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:11 pm

You should follow ukvacpk.com status as the other site shows wrong status. Even on the receipt issued by Gerry's, ukvacpk.com is shown for getting status.

wez4all
Newly Registered

Post by wez4all » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:54 pm

215HAN wrote:yes i would like to know this as well. not that mine has changed to that but i submitted mine on 2nd jan and it states forwarded to bhc and thats it. is it a good thing if it's OC or not.

Please advise.

Thanks
This Happened to my wife case and i than called british embassy abu dhabi. they told me that 'a decision been made 3 days ago'. but gerry's office in karchi till this morning was saying they dont know the outcome. but this evening my wife's status changed to 'application ready for collection'. plz pray 4 me.

according to my experience i think 'when it says aplication forwarded to islamabad OC on' than most probably a decision been made about your application.

Ballu
Newly Registered

Post by Ballu » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:15 pm

@wez4all

Can you plz tell me tel no of british embassey abu dhabi

hsmp400
Newly Registered

islamabad oc

Post by hsmp400 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:47 pm

the day i applied , my status is "application forwarded to isl oc"...its just a few days back that i applied for.....
so is the embssy eally taking decisions in 4 to 5 days / or a week....

wez4all
Newly Registered

Post by wez4all » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:04 am

Ballu wrote:@wez4all

Can you plz tell me tel no of british embassey abu dhabi
The number is (00) (971) (2) 6101100 . you call them and ask them to put u through to visa section. there they will ask you for passport number. they will tell you about the status of the application.

Bad-Boy
Newly Registered

Re: BHC Islamabad vs. Islamabad OC

Post by Bad-Boy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:13 am

lubzy wrote:My husband's application status was "Application forwarded to British High Commission Islamabad on 23rd January 2009" but I've noticed today that this has changed to "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on" (there is no date given after the word on).

Can someone please tell me what the distinction is between the two and, specifically, what does OC stand for?

Thank you kindly.
Hi,

Islamabad OC means Islamabad Operational Centre

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:50 am

@badboy
Confusing :S ur nick badboy and u talking abt ur husband's case :s hehe.. well, u don't need to worry, just pray and u will get it IA. In most of the cases, it means that you are going to collect yous passport soon.

@Ejaz2g
Hello, How are you doing Ejaz bhai?Yeah! It was successful Alhumdulillah. What about your's? I posted my result here on this forum same day, I think u din't notice that. Sir, where are u right now? If in UK, can you help me out in knowing the job market there these days for Telecom Engineers???

Best Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

Ballu
Newly Registered

Post by Ballu » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:41 am

Hi 2 All

@wez4all

thankx bro but after talking to them im bit more confused becase they said my application is in process and u guyz said kay ISB OC means decision is made so what can i do now

awais_bukhari
Newly Registered

Post by awais_bukhari » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:56 pm

My status was changed to Islamabad O C on 4-02-2009 and today (12-02-2009) I have got my passport back Alhumdo-Lillah with work permit visa.

zynii
Newly Registered

@all

Post by zynii » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:19 am

guys zeeshans was write abt that OC thing
i applied for the visa on 2nd jan n my status got changed on 3 feb frm BHC to OC
n i got a call from VAC on 10 FEB to collect ur passport
n ALHUMDOLILAH thax TO Allah Ji
we got 2 year visas on or passport

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 am

asifposter wrote:Salaam everyone.

BHC Islamabad = The British High Commission in Islamabad

Islamabad OC = This is the term used for applications sent to Abu Dhabi.

Due to the volume of applications and staff shortage at BHC Islamabad, half of the applications are being sent to Abu Dhabi to be processed and cut the workload.
No this is not correct. Its definitely not due to any application or staff shortage. BHC Islamabad has less staff than Kingston or Addis Ababa which are even more busy. It is a policy change and ALL applications now go to Abu Dhabi first, for security checks, and then come back to the BHC. The Islamabad OC (overseas centre) is of course, a reference to Abu Dhabi office.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:24 am

batleykhan wrote:Found out what OC stands for. It is Overseas Country.

It means that certain applications are sent overseas(ie Dubai) to be dealt with by the BHC in that country.

Hope this helps
A minor correction. The applications are being sent to Abu Dhabi, not Dubai. That is where the BHC for UAE is located. Almost 80% of the applications are being sent there for security checks.
Skeptic

RiFF

Re: Hello

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:28 am

go2zeeshan2004 wrote:
If in UK, can you help me out in knowing the job market there these days for Telecom Engineers???

If you are a good Telecomm Engineer, there are plenty of jobs. However, you have to be honest and ask yourself if you are as good a telecomm engineer to compete with the guys over here.
If you are a freshie, or dont have extensive experience, I am afraid, you are going to find the job market dead.

UK is not a good place as far as work is concerned these days. I would advise you to also check the job search forums on this website.
Skeptic

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:12 pm

RiFF wrote:

Hope this helps
A minor correction. The applications are being sent to Abu Dhabi, not Dubai. That is where the BHC for UAE is located. Almost 80% of the applications are being sent there for security checks.
when you say security checks, what do you mean! Sponsors history? Credit History? criminal history?..

nightrider

Re: @all

Post by nightrider » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:14 pm

zynii wrote:guys zeeshans was write abt that OC thing
i applied for the visa on 2nd jan n my status got changed on 3 feb frm BHC to OC
n i got a call from VAC on 10 FEB to collect ur passport
n ALHUMDOLILAH thax TO Allah Ji
we got 2 year visas on or passport
which vac did you apply from, you are a lucky one to get visa within 5 weeks. congratulation!!

nightrider

Re: @all

Post by nightrider » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:40 pm

My online tracking system has started to work, if i track on https://www.vfsglobal.org/applicantstatus.aspx i get "Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on 20 Jan 2009"

but if i track the passport on http://www.vfsglobaluk.com/UKG-Passport ... /ddzHqXg== i get "your application is ready to collection: please contact the uk visa centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same"

The sentence just stops there, i submitted my app on the 20th, its a bit early for reply. Isnt it! I hope they havent rejected, i gave all the papers.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:08 am

nightrider wrote:
RiFF wrote:

Hope this helps
when you say security checks, what do you mean! Sponsors history? Credit History? criminal history?..
mainly criminal history, terrorist connections, past convictions
Skeptic

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:25 am

does anyone know the collection time to pick up passports from isl gerrys?

215HAN

Post by 215HAN » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:06 pm

just to let you know my spouse settlement visa has been successful. details as follows:

app submitted - 2 jan
status changed to islamabad oc on 1st feb
status changed to app ready on 7th feb.
app collected on 16th feb.

thanks for all you support and even though my statements showed 6 months being in the red visa was still granted and i personally believe the bhc work in mysterious ways.

thanks again for all your support!