ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Dependant VISIT UK First?then principle applicant follow

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mohan76

Can Dependant VISIT UK First?then principle applicant follow

Post by mohan76 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:28 am

We (Husband and Wife) got Tier I for 3 years. We both are working professionals.....while planning, we thought Can my wife (dependant) visit UK first ....try and get a job and arrange everything (She was in UK earlier too, so it will be easy for her).

Meanwhile, I principal applicant try for job from india itself and then visit UK afterwards.

SO THE MAIN DOUBT IS , CAN THE DEPENDANT VISIT UK FIRST BEFORE PRINCIPLE APPLICANT VISITS UK ??/

Your guidance and help will be highly appreciated since we are looking for it

Mohan

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Can Dependant VISIT UK First?then principle applicant fo

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:00 am

mohan76 wrote:We (Husband and Wife) got Tier I for 3 years. We both are working professionals.....while planning, we thought Can my wife (dependant) visit UK first ....try and get a job and arrange everything (She was in UK earlier too, so it will be easy for her).

Meanwhile, I principal applicant try for job from india itself and then visit UK afterwards.

SO THE MAIN DOUBT IS , CAN THE DEPENDANT VISIT UK FIRST BEFORE PRINCIPLE APPLICANT VISITS UK ??/

Your guidance and help will be highly appreciated since we are looking for it

Mohan
No - the dep. must travel with or after the main applicant.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi wanderer,
thanks for your reply. Is it will be wise to check the same with VFS or BHC.

Anybody else, who can add ur learning on whether dependant can visit first that is before the principal applicant.

Thanks
Mohan

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:55 pm

I read in one of the posts that a person was refused entry at the airport since she wasn't accompanied by her husband during her initial entry. You may want to search for this post.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:31 am

Hi SKUK,
You are right, that's the doubt what we had....thanks for ur reply buddy.
Mohan

SKUK Wrote:
"I read in one of the posts that a person was refused entry at the airport since she wasn't accompanied by her husband during her initial entry. You may want to search for this post".