ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion on setlement visa please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

voh7
Newly Registered

Confusion on setlement visa please help

Post by voh7 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:06 pm

Hi,
sorry about this but I am a little confused here, my husband has been given his settlement visa it is valid for 27 months as we expected but under the observations Indefinite leave to enter the UK is printed and there is nothing on the visa to state he has no recourse to public funds does this sound correct to any of you? please help

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:51 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

voh7
Newly Registered

Post by voh7 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:16 am

thanks Vinny I have already looked at that we have been living outside the Uk together but only for 2 years I just thought it was strange that there is nothing on his Visa stating no recourse to public funds and wasn't really sure what the observation indefinite leave to enter meant

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:42 pm

voh7 wrote:thanks Vinny I have already looked at that we have been living outside the Uk together but only for 2 years I just thought it was strange that there is nothing on his Visa stating no recourse to public funds and wasn't really sure what the observation indefinite leave to enter meant
Hmm..Interesting.

Thought the KOL might be an issue here but if you've only been together for 2 years then the ILE could simply be a straightforward error.

You don't know what's on record so it's probably best to double check.

But no doubt there'll be another explanation along in a minute.
Oh, the drama...!

voh7
Newly Registered

Post by voh7 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 pm

well I know it's best to check but do you think it would be ok to do from inside the UK? as we are moving in under three weeks and I'm not sure there will be time to fix it before that.