ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fund - Confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChetanOjha

Maintenance Fund - Confusion

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:08 am

Dear Member,

I am applying for my extension from HSMP (after nov 2006) to Tier 1 General from within the UK. My initial 2 years grant is expiring in April.

I am confused about the maintenance fund required for me and as one dependent. Could somebody please tell me how much is the maintenance funds required for me and one dependent(spouse)? It is £800+£533=£1333?

Also can you tell me if I can show the said funds available from my Bank Statements for both the applicants ie main applicant and dependent?

Thanks

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi Chetan,
I am confused about the maintenance fund required for me and as one dependent. Could somebody please tell me how much is the maintenance funds required for me and one dependent(spouse)? It is £800+£533=£1333?
If you are in the UK for more than 12 months then you need £800+£533=£1333
Also can you tell me if I can show the said funds available from my Bank Statements for both the applicants ie main applicant and dependent?
It is acceptable if the funds are held in the name of the main applicant.
Just explain this in the cover letter

surat3912

Maintainance fund from Ltd. Company

Post by surat3912 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:13 am

Hi friends, Can we shown the amount in our company's current account (I am Director) of a Limited company as a maintainance requirements.

Thanks

Surat3912

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi friends, Can we shown the amount in our company's current account (I am Director) of a Limited company as a maintainance requirements.
NO.
That money belongs to your company and not to you in your personal capacity, even though you may a director and share-holder in your limited company

aaammmiii

Maintenance funds dilema

Post by aaammmiii » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:50 am

I would like to apply for HSMP to Tier1 extension in second week March2009 (my current visa expires on 28May2009)

I have an issue wrt Maintenance funds, in December for 2 days (15 and 16)I do not have enough funds in my bank account.
Since I transfer money from one UK Bank account to another UK bank account. So even if I combine my account (UK) I still have the issue for these 2 days ( as the money disappears from one account and appears in the other only after 2-3 days in my case 2 days).

Can I show my Indian account (Citi NRE) and combine the 3 account for maintenance funds for 3 months.
I received Statements from CitiBank for NRE account. ( The statement has Bank name and logo, my name, account number, my address and the transactions for relevant dates but it says that "these are computer generated does not requre signature" as a footer) hope these statements are OK.

List of my questions:

1. Do I need to get a letter from CitiBank or not?
2. What should ask to put in it?
3. For my dependant I will provide the dependants bank account (to show £533) for 3 months is this acceptable?

Many Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ami