ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help + Visit Visa for my mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

webhunter
Member of Standing

Help + Visit Visa for my mother

Post by webhunter » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:19 am

I would like to invite my mother to UK on a visitor visa for a few months.

My mother has never worked in the past, she is a house wife. So she does'nt have any income/assets in her name. I am wondering if this will be an issue for the visa? also, there seems to be quite a few application forms, like visitor, family visitor etc.,, which one does she need to apply?

I am planning to sponsor her tickets/stay here in UK, but just dont know what to do next.

Many Thanks for your help.

gujalls

Post by gujalls » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:24 am

hi,

I think u have some thing called 'Family Visit' Visa for U.K.
U need to show ur proof and the reason y u wanna bring ur parents etc..

i hope this visa allows the family members to stay upto 6 months. Check for this visa in home office page.

thanks
guj.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:02 am

Skeptic

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:59 pm

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... rs#9278085

In your case this is more appropiate as your mother is coming as a vistor, rather than to live here permanantly .

The section that applies to your mum is under the heading General visitors.

All the forms and procedures are outlined here

bototo

Post by bototo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:00 pm

If she doesn't have income or assets in her name she will likely get turned down. She has to show good reason why she will return home. Income and assets are good reasons. Lots of family ties also count.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:29 pm

If she doesn't have income or assets in her name she will likely get turned down. She has to show good reason why she will return home. Income and assets are good reasons. Lots of family ties also count.
I personally don think the fact she has no assets or saving will count against her in her application for a visitors visa.In contries such as Pakistan,it is not normal for women of certain age(over 50's)to have assets/funds in her name, as this is mainly in her husabnds name.

The ECO knows that,and its very unlikely they refuse on this ground from this country.

What they look at deciding whether to issue the visitors visa or not is,the length of time of sepearion between the applicant and its sponsor. The sponsors ability to pay for and accomadate the applicant during their stay in the UK.The most important factor is the reason why the applicant will return to her country. if the applicant has a home, husband or unmarried children,then there is a good reason she will return.If she doesnt have these, then her chances of getting a visitors visa are slim

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:38 pm

bototo wrote:If she doesn't have income or assets in her name she will likely get turned down. She has to show good reason why she will return home. Income and assets are good reasons. Lots of family ties also count.
My husband (EEA national) sponsored my aunty from Africa for a family visa to the UK some time last year. Her circumstances:

54 years old
Never been married/No partner
No children
Unemployed
No property
No bank account/Savings

The major things that counted was that my husband wrote a covering letter that it was an 'all expenses paid' holiday, and included our bank account statements to show that we could afford to sponsor her entirely. A copy of his passport and proof of address (utility bill).

Also, my sister from Africa (who does work) included another letter confirming that she looks after her little children, for which she gives her a bit of pocket money, and that she would be coming back home to look after them.

She only asked for two weeks, but was given a six month visa the very next day. Call it luck or whatever, but I think the preparation of the whole sponsorship arrangement needs to be foolproof, convincing, and most of all, truthful!

By the way, she went back home after two months! :)

So Good Luck to you! It's difficult, but certainly not impossible.