ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RiFF

Re: actual test of patience starts now

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:13 pm

aqilzeeshan wrote:Hi,

Applied on 16Dec08 from KHI.
Got Refusal on 06Feb09 on grounds of not providing anything about accommodation. ( actually rented one bedroom flat after applying and coming back to UK, should have delayed applying, should have applied after renting the place, anyway ...)

Now have 28 Days to appleal, AIT2 form has been attached with refusal letter.

My questions

1. Will Tanancy contract, letter from estate agent stating property is suitable for couple, utility bills be enough ?

2. Do i need to attach everything already attached again, for example bank statment, hsmp approval letter of sponsor, uk visa photocopies of sponsor etc. ?

3. with passport ?

4. Need to apply through gerry's again ?

5. Any idea about appeal processing times ?

6. AIT2 guide says other options of either appealing to Visa conslate where actual application was applied or appealing to trabunal in UK by sponsor, any idea about these options ?

7. there is also option or oral or paper based appeal , opinions on that.
1. Yes

2. No

3. No

4. Not necessarily, but you can do that if you want.

5. Anywhere from 6 months+

6. Thats for exceptional circumstances, which I presume you dont have.

7. Oral for sure.
Skeptic

RiFF

Re: paths

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:15 pm

aqilzeeshan wrote:In continuation of my previous post.

Please comment on Plus and minus of these alternatives

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Documents/FormsGu ... nTheUK.pdf

OR

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Documents/FormsGu ... eTheUK.pdf
You are definitely better off lodging the appeal in the country of rejection (outside the UK), in terms of time taken.

This is because, if you lodge the appeal in the UK, AIT is going to send the papers back to the ECO for reviewing anyway. Therefore, if you make an appeal in the country of rejection, your papers get to the ECO quicker.
Skeptic

RiFF

Re: where to post

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:16 pm

aqilzeeshan wrote:Further, in continuation to my previous 2 posts

http://www.ukvacpk.com/appeals.aspx says

If your reference number is prefixed by AUH, you should send your appeal papers to:

Asylum and Immigration Tribunal
PO Box 7866
Loughborough LE11 2 XZ
United Kingdom

Or

Visa Section
British Embassy
Khalid Bin Waleed Street
PO Box 248
Abu Dhabi
UAE

Alternatively, you may fax them to: 0044 (0)15 09 221 699

To post to Visa Section Abu Dhabi, will it be through gerrys or directly posting to Abu Dhabi will work , comments please.
Both can work. Gerry's is just a courier like Royal Mail or DHL.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:17 pm

asifposter wrote:Aqilzeeshan, i'd advise you to just put in a fresh application.

The appeal procedure takes between 6-8 months and although BHC Islamabad may review the refusal decision, they usually just send it back to the AIT for a hearing.

If you are going to appeal then you must submit new documentation to support the reason why you are appealing. An immigration judge will judge your case on what documents you submitted at the time of your original application. Also rather than sending the documents back to the BHC (who take ages to respond) lodge your appeal at the AIT directly.

My advice would be to look at your refusal notes and put in a fresh application with the outstanding documents they've asked for. It'll be quicker.
If an appeal is lodged with the AIT, it is sent back to the BHC anyway.

Secondly, if I were in your position, I would make the appeal, which is free, as well as make a fresh application in parallel.
Skeptic

RiFF

Re: Can Appeal and Re-Apply be done simulatanously ?

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:19 pm

aqilzeeshan wrote:Can Appeal and Re-Apply be done simulatanously ?

as being suggested here , please comment.

++++++++++++++
Query:
Hi,
My spouse was denied her visa b/c the application didnt have the tenancy document. The document received with the denial stated the right to appeal.
Iam thinking of reapplying because it might be faster as I would have the tenancy document attached as the supporting document. But I was wondering if this would be the best approach or continuing to appeal would be better or if you could do both appeal and reapplication of the spouse visa. I am torn to make this decision right now and it would be a big help if anyone can help me with making this decision and it's implications and also what supporting documents would be required for appealing.
Thanks,
-J

Response 1:
Hi,

The best thing, if you can afford to, is do both appeal and reapply, then just withdraw the appeal when you get your visa. Thats what we did and were successful on the second attempt.
Good luck.

Response 2:
Hi,
If this was the only reason for refusal you can reapply including the document & a letter from the landlord giving permission for the applicant to live there.
You can appeal & reapply, the only benefit of doing this is that if the 2nd application is refused you then have the 1st appeal hearing on its way, you can then appeal the 2nd decision also which then if the first appeal is not successful you have the 2nd appeal to full back on.
I hope this makes sense.
If I was you & if it is only the tenancy document missing I would reapply as you should then get your visa very quickly.
++++++++++++++
Yes it can be, and is actually a good way of approaching the issue.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:20 pm

wez4all wrote:my wife visa got refused.
the objection is 'no receipts or valid rent book provided'.

now i m on student visa which is due to expire on 30 june 2009. i have no clue wht to do.

anyone can help. can i reapply?
bcz i have got less than 4 months visa left i m not sure whether i can reapply or not.
how long the appeal will take if i appeal from uk.?

i need help plz anyone have any idea about this.
plz help
The appeal is going to take ages. You are better off re-applying for her, but my question to you is, once your visa expires, what are you two going to do?
And I am sure, the ECO is thinking along these lines as well
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Bad-Boy wrote:

Hi, U've chances of success if u appeal from UK as 80 per cent people get Visas when they appeal.

Appeal from UK cost from 500-1000 BPS.

Time scale=6-15 months

goodluck
Exactly, but the poor guy only has 4 months on his visa :P
Skeptic

escoba

Post by escoba » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:09 pm

HI Riff_ u seem to know alot about all this. what I wanted to ask was when they say 60day wait does it literally mean 60days or is it possible that you could get a decision before that?

Also is anyone else having problems login on their visa status website. I keep getting invalid search. Thanks guys :wink:

Aaslashari
Newly Registered

Settlement visa

Post by Aaslashari » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi Guy's need some help plz my wife got an e-mail from British High Commission Islamabad. Stating thati'll be required to attend an interview for my settlement visa. My question is how would i find out which day i have an interview ? and what type of questions do they ask at interview.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:13 am

escoba wrote:HI Riff_ u seem to know alot about all this. what I wanted to ask was when they say 60day wait does it literally mean 60days or is it possible that you could get a decision before that?

Also is anyone else having problems login on their visa status website. I keep getting invalid search. Thanks guys :wink:
]

It is quite possible to get a visa before that. I know of instances as quick as 24 days, but better not get your hope really up. Keep this worse-case scenario of 60 days in your mind and you will be better off mentally and emotionally.
Skeptic

RiFF

Re: Settlement visa

Post by RiFF » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:16 am

Aaslashari wrote:Hi Guy's need some help plz my wife got an e-mail from British High Commission Islamabad. Stating thati'll be required to attend an interview for my settlement visa. My question is how would i find out which day i have an interview ? and what type of questions do they ask at interview.
Either the email should state a date or alternatively, you should receive a letter informing you of your appointment.

There can be variable questions from information about your spouse (sponsor) to your own abilities, as well as various questions regarding your marriage. Construct a case with documentary evidence of your ability to be productive in the UK, your souse's ability to support you well as well as circumstances detailing your marriage and stay together, including current communication methods.
Skeptic

215HAN

Post by 215HAN » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:06 pm

just to let you know my spouse settlement visa has been successful. details as follows:

app submitted - 2 jan
status changed to islamabad oc on 1st feb
status changed to app ready on 7th feb.
app collected on 16th feb.

thanks for all you support and even though my statements showed 6 months being in the red visa was still granted and i personally believe the bhc work in mysterious ways.

thanks again for all your support!

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Post by HeartGambler » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Hello Every1,

I came through this website few weeks ago and since then have been reading and following the posts which indeed have been extremly useful.

This is why I would like to share my case with u guys as it may help u in any regard.

I submitted my Spouse Visa Application (VAF4) 27th January 2009
( 1 hour late then my scheduled app time but still the VAC KHI accepted it)

Online Status since the 27th Jan (Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 27 Jan 2009)

2nd February 2009 (
(Your applicatin has been forwarded to OC Islamabad on.........)

16th February 2009
(Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same.)

Just to clarify that these status are from the GERRYS/VAC website
http://www.ukvacpk.com (right at the bottom track your passport)

The online status from the https://www.vfsglobal.org/applicantstatus.aspx website has never ever changed it was (Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 27 Jan 2009) on the 27th Jan and again on the 16th Feb.

So I would advise do not bother using it as it does not update for sure or may be ONLY if your application has been sent to BHC AbuDhabi.

I still havent received any call from the VAC but INSHALLAH I will go tom to collect my Passport therfore dont know if its been successful or not)

Few things to mention here although it said OC ( which means Opeartion center & Overseas Commision) but my application was in BHC Islamabad only as I checked with the BHC AbuDhabi yesterday & they did not had my application.

So my conclusion is that OC is to be taken as operation center (which is true as BHC Islamabd has a centralised OC) if the application is with the BHC Islamabad alternatively OC should be referred to Overseas Commission( as Advised by Gerrys/VAC inside staff) is the application has been sent to AbuDhabi.

Secondly u dont need to worry about any accomodation/inspection report from the local council because they have stop doing it and therfore its not a mandatory requirment for the BHC.

The way to get through it and save money is to include the recent council tax bill which states the band of the property (D,E etc) so the units could be calculated and overcrowding issue could be addressed.

Finally u dont need to worry about VAC calling u once ur status is changed to application ready for collection just wait for 2 days and pop down to the VAC and just TELL u were told to come and collect ur Passport and 99% of the time they will give it to u also the collection times are from 2pm - 5pm and SURELY u donot need any appointment.

Thats it from now I will InshaAllah post the outcome as soon as I get my passport.

Congrats to those who have received thier visas and Goodluck to those who are still waiting.

ziggy317
Newly Registered

Post by ziggy317 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:31 pm

hello and how are you all good new my wife been granted visa i email bhc and they responded back in 10 min they told me they have granted my wife her visa and i am just waiting for them to send the file back to islambad and then i can send my wife to collect her passport

applied nov 17th
interview jan14th
email response 16 feb to say been granted
waiting for call of gerry fedex

good luck to everyone else hang in there

wez4all
Newly Registered

Post by wez4all » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:01 am

RiFF wrote:

now i m on student visa which is due to expire on 30 june 2009. i have no clue wht to do.

bcz i have got less than 4 months visa left i m not sure whether i can reapply or not.

plz help
The appeal is going to take ages. You are better off re-applying for her, but my question to you is, once your visa expires, what are you two going to do?
Dear Riff,

My course ends in FEB 2011 and i will get visa extension. as i am getting visa extension sine april 2006 for my undergraduate degree.
Now i m doing MBA from university of Wales which will complete in Feb 2011.
so can i reapply?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:13 am

215HAN wrote:just to let you know my spouse settlement visa has been successful. details as follows:

app submitted - 2 jan
status changed to islamabad oc on 1st feb
status changed to app ready on 7th feb.
app collected on 16th feb.

thanks for all you support and even though my statements showed 6 months being in the red visa was still granted and i personally believe the bhc work in mysterious ways.

thanks again for all your support!
congratulations
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:17 am

wez4all wrote:
RiFF wrote:

plz help
Dear Riff,

My course ends in FEB 2011 and i will get visa extension. as i am getting visa extension sine april 2006 for my undergraduate degree.
Now i m doing MBA from university of Wales which will complete in Feb 2011.
so can i reapply?
Yes you can. All you need is to make sure the accomodation is in order for two adult units. The rejection reason for your initial application suggests this. Also, if you are renting which i am sure you are, attach a notarized copy of the rent book or proof of providing rent.
Skeptic

tasawar
- thin ice -

Re: Settlement visa

Post by tasawar » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi Aaslashari

i saw your post i am also in the same bort but i did attend my interview on 12-02-2009 and i was submit my visa application on 20-11-2008 and the ECO is really nice and young man and listen first tell me your interview date then i will give you so many tips ok.

Regards
Tasawar Hayat.

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:09 pm

ziggy317 wrote:hello and how are you all good new my wife been granted visa i email bhc and they responded back in 10 min they told me they have granted my wife her visa and i am just waiting for them to send the file back to islambad and then i can send my wife to collect her passport

applied nov 17th
interview jan14th

Which email address did you use, i contacted bhc isl and i have had no reply.

asifposter
Newly Registered

Post by asifposter » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Riff, I wanted to ask you a question.

Does it go against you if the sponsor works part time? For instance I work 3 days a week and earn £1000 after tax and NI deductions. I'm living with my parents and don't pay rent. I spend half and save half every month and have £2500 worth of savings.

Would love your advice.

aqilzeeshan

Counsil Tax Bill with Band type B

Post by aqilzeeshan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Does Counsil Tax Bill with Band type B show that property is enough for the couple ?

ziggy317
Newly Registered

Post by ziggy317 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:48 pm

nightrider wrote:
ziggy317 wrote:hello and how are you all good new my wife been granted visa i email bhc and they responded back in 10 min they told me they have granted my wife her visa and i am just waiting for them to send the file back to islambad and then i can send my wife to collect her passport

applied nov 17th
interview jan14th was told that we would be notified in 7 days there full off it

Which email address did you use, i contacted bhc isl and i have had no reply.

ziggy317
Newly Registered

Post by ziggy317 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:50 pm

nightrider add me on msn messenger i will try and help you ziggy317@hotmail.com

escoba

Post by escoba » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:59 pm

Heartgambler- congrats, that was fast! Im still having problems login in their websites. does any1 else have that problem.

Knightrider- hows it going? any luck with their website. have mamged to login in?

escoba

Post by escoba » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:07 pm

Thanks Riff- :) . No I dont have my hopes up...just a waiting game. Its only because I can't check on the net, so I don't know whats going on.