ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR set(m) application kept for further enquiries Help pleas

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

extrovert

ILR set(m) application kept for further enquiries Help pleas

Post by extrovert » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi

I have just been to Home office Liverpool. I went to apply for ILR on set(m) basis, my wife and my 1 year old daughter were with me.

My application was prepared by the solicitor just to give it professional look but I am disgusted as its been kept for further enquiries and the visa officer couldnt make decision on the same day. She did not give us any reason and we were just told that due to unforseen reasons application has been refered.

I provided around 80 documents instead of 6 and there was nothing wrong with the application. My spouse visa was first granted at Liverpool HO two years ago.

The list of documents is as follows:

1. My wage slips for the last two years with an average of £1100 after tax wage.
2. My wife's wage slips since feb 07 till september 08 as she left work after that.
3. Gas & electricity bills on both of our names around 5 of them due to quarterly charged bill.
4. GP surveys on the name of each of us.
5. My passport.
6. My wife's British passport.
7. Our marriage certificate with UK and my current address on it.
8. Council tax bill on the name of both of us two bills for the last 2 years.
9. My bank statements for the last two years on my name.
10. Our joint bank statements fr the last two years.
11. Car insurance documents.
12.My child's birth certificate.
13. Set (m) application form.
14. Life in the UK test pass certificate( passed in 2007)
15. Various documents.

The documents were categorised by the names.

1. Documents carrying my name.
2. Documents carrying my wife's name.
3. Documents carrying joint names.

I have been living in the UK since May 2004. I were on student visa which was switched to spouse visa in Feb 07.

I wonder if anyone could please state any possible reasons for visa officer not granting visa on the same day. That may help other prospective applicants in the future.

How long will it take for HO to make decision on my application now? Will it take same time as normal postal application or will it be quicker in my case.

Can I ask for my wife's passport to be sent back as she was planning to go abroad on holidays by the end of this month.

I would like to add here that we haven't applied for any benefits in the last two years except child benefit which was applied by my mrs last year since the birth of my child.

I do not have any convictions including DVLA and I hold clean driving license. I were not given any explanation and she just handed me one standard letter.

IF you have further questions or clarification.

Could anyone please put my mind at rest?

Thanks

usemobile

Post by usemobile » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 am

Same happened to me ...

I made ILR Set(0) application and every thing fine regarding my documents wise buy may be excess documents.

Just they a letter told that it is under further consideration till now 4 weeks NO response.

But two days back they a enquire with my previous employer ....and my employer responsed.

I wont know in last 5 year i work in different companies some companies they closed, whats the situation if they wont respond....

Any experience.....

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:25 am

Senior members please respond. This is a good thread, and many people including me, would like to know more about the granting of the ILR, the process, the case, everything.

Much appreciated.
Skeptic

alphmap
Newly Registered

Post by alphmap » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:17 pm

@usemoblile,

i am in a similar situation as you were. Kindly update on the outcome. How long before you heard from ukba and were you able to identify the reason for the delay. Thanks

alphmap
Newly Registered

Post by alphmap » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:34 pm

sorry, @extrovert

i am in a similar situation as you were. Kindly update on the outcome. How long before you heard from ukba and were you able to identify the reason for the delay. Thanks

santyiit
Newly Registered

Post by santyiit » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 am

I am also in same situation.
applied at PEO for ILR for SET (O).
All document was ok except one document for my wife.
They need a bank statement/utility bill.
I send them same day and got confirmation from Royal mail that they get next day.
Person who was looking into my case said that all are ok except that document and as soon as they will get this they are fine as my case is good to go.
I have not hared from them since last 10 days.
Any idea how to chase them and usually how much time do they take for the same ?

alphmap
Newly Registered

Post by alphmap » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:27 pm

@ santyiit

Hi, which peo did u apply at and on what date.
Any response yet?