ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HI ALL. AM NEW TO THIS SITE. PLEASE HELP.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

omodaran
Newly Registered

HI ALL. AM NEW TO THIS SITE. PLEASE HELP.

Post by omodaran » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:07 am

HI, MY NAME IS JOYCE. I HAVE A FIANCE AND WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR THREE YEARS NOW. AM A BRITISH CITIZEN AND 26 YEARS OF AGE AND HE IS 28. I WAS REFERRED TO THIS SITE BY MY MATE WHO FIANCE APPLIED FOR ASSYLUM AND THEN THEY GOT MARRIED UNDER THE EU TREATY. I AM IN THE SAME POSITION. MY FIANCE HAS OF TODAY HAS JUST STARTED HIS APPLICATION FOR AN ASSYLUM AND SINCE WE KNOW THAT MIGHT TAKE AGES TO COME OUT . I HAVE DECIDED TO MARRY HIM ONCE THAT APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED. JUST LIKE WHAT MY MATE DID. IS THIS STILL POSSIBLE? AND ONCE THE APPLICATION HAVE BEEN RECEIVED, CAN WE MARRY STRAIGHT AWAY AS WE HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO SHOW THAT WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR THREE YEARS. PLEASE I WOULD NEED SOMEONE TO PUT ME THROUGH THIS AND EXPLAIN FURTHER. THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.( CAN HE APPLY FOR THE ASSYLUM BY HIMSELF WITHOUT A LAWYER SINCE WE ARE GETTING MARRIED IN THE PROCESS AND WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURE TO GET MARRIED ONCE HIS APPLICATION LETTER IS BEEN PROCESSED)

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 am

Try not to shout!
omodaran wrote:I WAS REFERRED TO THIS SITE BY MY MATE WHO FIANCE APPLIED FOR ASSYLUM AND THEN THEY GOT MARRIED UNDER THE EU TREATY. I AM IN THE SAME POSITION.
Is your mate an EEA national or British?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

edro

Re: HI ALL. AM NEW TO THIS SITE. PLEASE HELP.

Post by edro » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:53 pm

hi
i think his asylum application will make it more complicated to switch to married application. probably they will ask hime to apply from outside the uk.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Why is he only applying for asylum now - after 3 years in a relationship with a UK citizen?

Would it be difficult for him to return home and apply as an unmarried partner or fiance? Or for the two of you to get married there and have him apply for a spouse visa?
Oh, the drama...!

omodaran
Newly Registered

hi. pls help

Post by omodaran » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:53 pm

any idea please

edro

Re: hi. pls help

Post by edro » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:35 pm

to be honest
the worst people on earth are the officers who deal with asylum applications. if he can do anything away from them let him do it.
:idea: if he's gaven his finger prints then i think the best way will be to wait for some time then apply for COA to register your marriage

jei2
Member of Standing

Re: hi. pls help

Post by jei2 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:36 pm

omodaran wrote:any idea please

If you can answer the questions you will get some ideas.

Why is your partner only applying for asylum now?

Is there some reason why he cannot return with you to his home country to get married and then apply as a spouse from there ?
Oh, the drama...!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:56 am

Fishy!
Skeptic

omodaran
Newly Registered

HI

Post by omodaran » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:33 pm

HE THINKS THE ASSYLUM IS QUICKER. AND IF HE GOES BACK TO HIS COUNRY THE PROBABILITY OF COMING BACK WILL BE VERY SLIM