ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:19 pm

escoba wrote:Heartgambler- congrats, that was fast! Im still having problems login in their websites. does any1 else have that problem.

Knightrider- hows it going? any luck with their website. have mamged to login in?
yeah, i can log in now. Its say app is ready for collection. Wife is going tomorrow, i'm a bit worried cause app is coming back too soon. Applied on 20th jan. I just hope they dont reject on stupid reason...

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:53 am

asifposter wrote:Riff, I wanted to ask you a question.

Does it go against you if the sponsor works part time? For instance I work 3 days a week and earn £1000 after tax and NI deductions. I'm living with my parents and don't pay rent. I spend half and save half every month and have £2500 worth of savings.

Would love your advice.
No, it doesnt. The HO is not interested in how many days and hours you are working. The bottom line is, whether your finances are secure enough for supporting your wife, and what you have posted here shows it is.

However, I hope you have done this when you applied in the first place, since you are living with your parents, did you attach a letter from your parents stating no objection to your wife coming over and staying with them?
Skeptic

RiFF

Re: Counsil Tax Bill with Band type B

Post by RiFF » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:53 am

aqilzeeshan wrote:Does Counsil Tax Bill with Band type B show that property is enough for the couple ?
If its just the two, yes it is. B allows 4 adult units.
Skeptic

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:11 am

my visa got rejected because they think i made the statements at home.

I got black and white duplicate statements, which were signed and stamped from nationwide bank. yet they have rejected me on this matter.

What should i do, should i appeal this appalling decision..

I asked for original bank statements from my bank but they wrote back and said only orignal come in colour. My bank cannot provide original..

This is atrocious...

escoba

Post by escoba » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:24 am

KNIGHTRIDER- Im so sorry :( . Thats a lie, you have the right as a customer to order statements and they should send you original ones too. Iv done it many times when I've lost statements. Ring them up and slap them up! They can't do that!

Im really sorry about the rejection, but statment always have to be originals and the payslips...everything really.

Keep your chin up...and sort your bank out.

I still can't log in.

escoba

Post by escoba » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:29 am

Hey Riff- is it possible you could tell me why I cant log on to their website I tried last night still says invaild search or it refreshes the page? Any idea whats going on their. should I try from another computer?

ziggy317
Newly Registered

Post by ziggy317 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:29 am

does anybody know how long they take to issue the visa i recived email on monday to say that my wife has been granted a visa they will forward the file to issue department who will send the file to gerry nothing changed on the application statuse any advice would be appreciated

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:39 am

escoba wrote:KNIGHTRIDER- Im so sorry :( . Thats a lie, you have the right as a customer to order statements and they should send you original ones too. Iv done it many times when I've lost statements. Ring them up and slap them up! They can't do that!

Im really sorry about the rejection, but statment always have to be originals and the payslips...everything really.

I still can't log in.
nationwide charged me £10 and gave me black and white duplicate statements. I went to the bank and got em signed, they said only original come in colour. I am never going to go paperless again, from this month on i have taken the paperless option off......

does anyone have ecm email address, i wnt him to review my case, i cant wait a year, my wife is 30+ weeks pregnant. I got the damn statements stamped from the BANK>>>>>>

escoba

Post by escoba » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:50 am

No you need to ring them up. Im with lloyds and everytime i've needed I statement they've sent me 1 out free of charge and they've been originals.

Are they charging you £10 per statement or for alll them. most banks and I thought nationwide was one of them give originals if you request them. go and speak to the manager tell them why you need the originals...and also the fact other banks supply them. Atleast get on their case. you have a right as a customer to order original statements for your( pardon my french) facing bank account. Thats BS. :x

nightrider wrote:
escoba wrote:KNIGHTRIDER- Im so sorry :( . Thats a lie, you have the right as a customer to order statements and they should send you original ones too. Iv done it many times when I've lost statements. Ring them up and slap them up! They can't do that!

I still can't log in.
nationwide charged me £10 and gave me black and white duplicate statements. I went to the bank and got em signed, they said only original come in colour. I am never going to go paperless again, from this month on i have taken the paperless option off......

does anyone have ecm email address, i wnt him to review my case, i cant wait a year, my wife is 30+ weeks pregnant. I got the damn statements stamped from the BANK>>>>>>

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:23 pm

escoba
they are absolutely useless, when i phoned them up last time they said "i dont understand why they sent you duplicates", she requested them again and the another woman wrote letter and said we dont give duplicates on original paper, well i asked for originals....

now i have 28 days to try and get originals... This is beyond ridiculous.

Does anyone know if i have to send all my documents again at the appeal or just my statements.

215HAN

Post by 215HAN » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:49 pm

Hey Riff or anyone who can help!

If a visitor visa is rejected, how soon after can you re-submit a new application. Can it be done straight away or do you have to wait some time.

Thanks

mohid
Newly Registered

Post by mohid » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:49 pm

hi every one

if any one could help me in regarding this

i applied for my wife visa in aug 2008 in lahore
then there system had some problem they call her two times and every time they gave a new ref number last one was 19 nov 2008
no i am try to trace. send them e-mail they reply me back on 27 jan 2009
which is as under

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry which has been forwarded to the concerned officer to look into the matter for further process. Please wait to be contacted in due course.

Yours truly

since then no news nothing from them. i already send them 3 reminders

is any one working there

Please advise

REgards

Mohid

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:26 pm

right, just been to the bank they said you were on the paperless option so you cannot receive originals statement back dated. she has given me letter headed letter explaining situation and printouts of duplicate statements. i opted out of paperless option last month so i have one original statement, i'm gonna wait for one more statement and then send of the appeal.

where do i send appeal, is it through gerrys office or somewhere else. if it is gerrys do i need appointment to submit papers..

also, do i need to send all of the documents again or just the statements......

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi nightrider,

so far what i've found about refusal no matter what the reason is, is that appeals take much much longer and their outcome is that either ECO decision was right or wrong based on provided documents. Further what i've found that ECO does not ask for any document even if applicant can provide it easily , they just make the decision based on available documents and approve or refuse.

Further to my knowledge, in case one think that any document could have been attached the option is to reapply, pay the fee again and wait again for 60 days and wait for the outcome.

on a personal note, in my case no accomodation related doc was attached in my first application, got refusal, had option to appeal, instead applying again on 2march with accomodation related docs, i think same would be the case with other refusal related cases.

regards

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:33 pm

aqilzeeshan wrote:Hi nightrider,

so far what i've found about refusal no matter what the reason is, is that appeals take much much longer and their outcome is that either ECO decision was right or wrong based on provided documents. Further what i've found that ECO does not ask for any document even if applicant can provide it easily , they just make the decision based on available documents and approve or refuse.

Further to my knowledge, in case one think that any document could have been attached the option is to reapply, pay the fee again and wait again for 60 days and wait for the outcome.

on a personal note, in my case no accomodation related doc was attached in my first application, got refusal, had option to appeal, instead applying again on 2march with accomodation related docs, i think same would be the case with other refusal related cases.

regards
i'm going to appeal, it'll be too late if i apply again. Wife is pregnant, baby will be born in pakistan in the next month or so.. How do you send the appeal documents? Is it through gerrys? thanks

escoba

Post by escoba » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:30 pm

KNIGHTRIDER-This is first I've heard of! useless f%*ks!

I'd get three monthe statements and then send them. But what I would do is is get some advice from a lawyer, you dont want to be passed around piller to piller.

Once again am sorry.

I still can't get online and I don't know what to do now?

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:09 pm

escoba wrote:KNIGHTRIDER-This is first I've heard of! useless f%*ks!

I'd get three monthe statements and then send them. But what I would do is is get some advice from a lawyer, you dont want to be passed around piller to piller.

Once again am sorry.

i've just got the faxed refusal note, it states that i have sent photocopied statements, wrong they were printed from the bank on laser and signed and stamped. They also go on to say your wage slips are scanned.

They dont believe i work there, i phoned hmrc and they say we have you on our record of you working for X company. I've asked proof from my employer and he has given me a 'notice to collect student loan from employee' it was sent by HMRC 3 months ago. I will get a P60 at end of april he said.

What a bunch of charlies... They also go onto say the evidence i have provided does not prove i work. Hmmmm employed letter on proper letter headed paper, wage slips stamped by employer on letter headed paper. Duplicate statements signed and stamped by the bank.. How else can i prove it???

escoba

Post by escoba » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Just Twats! They just want a reason to refuse a visa and it can be over stupid stuff.

What I do know for sure is everything has to be original regardless of the fact that the bank have signed them.

I tell you one thing when I sent my papers off I wrote a letter to hmrc and social secutrity to confirm that I work and not claim. I sent both letters with the papers. maybe you can do the same. Also get your PAYE Ref no. your employer should have it. My boss wrote that in the letter, just to cover all grounds.

Im dreading about mine,
I've coverd all grounds,but you never know with them.
Everything I've told you is what I did. I hope it's helpfull

nightrider wrote:
escoba wrote:KNIGHTRIDER-This is first I've heard of! useless f%*ks!

Once again am sorry.

i've just got the faxed refusal note, it states that i have sent photocopied statements, wrong they were printed from the bank on laser and signed and stamped. They also go on to say your wage slips are scanned.

They dont believe i work there, i phoned hmrc and they say we have you on our record of you working for X company. I've asked proof from my employer and he has given me a 'notice to collect student loan from employee' it was sent by HMRC 3 months ago. I will get a P60 at end of april he said.

What a bunch of charlies... They also go onto say the evidence i have provided does not prove i work. Hmmmm employed letter on proper letter headed paper, wage slips stamped by employer on letter headed paper. Duplicate statements signed and stamped by the bank.. How else can i prove it???

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Post by HeartGambler » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:45 pm

Hello Evry1 specially nightrider....

I am in exact situation as yours my visa got rejected on the same grounds

1. Not sufficient accomodation
2. the income from job was not genuine even though I included ALL originals they are just bunch of idiots.

I wanted to ask few thing firstly which VAC did u applied coz I applied on the 27th Jan from KHI and the decision was vry quick same as yours secondly was ur application refuse from BHC islambad or Abudhabi and finally you were saying sumthing about the reveiw by ECM do u think its gona work.

Let me knw ASAP and where will u b sending ur appeal to the tribunal or the BHC.

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:21 pm

HeartGambler wrote:Hello Evry1 specially nightrider....

I am in exact situation as yours my visa got rejected on the same grounds

1. Not sufficient accomodation
2. the income from job was not genuine even though I included ALL originals they are just bunch of idiots.

I wanted to ask few thing firstly which VAC did u applied coz I applied on the 27th Jan from KHI and the decision was vry quick same as yours secondly was ur application refuse from BHC islambad or Abudhabi and finally you were saying sumthing about the reveiw by ECM do u think its gona work.

Let me knw ASAP and where will u b sending ur appeal to the tribunal or the BHC.
i'm gonna reapply!! This will goto court and will take near a year if i appeal. I applied in isl and wife had to go 3 times just to submit forms.....

For proof of employment i have a student loan letter from last month which states that "they have been informed from hmrc i have started work". I will also include my employer form which was sent by hmrc "notice of student loan deduction", this is dated for dec 08. This letter states my employers address, tax office address, pay reference and my ni number and name.. I will send last two months genuine statements as i have opted out of paperless method. I will also send a letter from bank stating why i send old statements which are duplicates.

If they reject now then i will take them to court.... :D

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:59 am

nightrider wrote:my visa got rejected because they think i made the statements at home.

I got black and white duplicate statements, which were signed and stamped from nationwide bank. yet they have rejected me on this matter.

What should i do, should i appeal this appalling decision..

I asked for original bank statements from my bank but they wrote back and said only orignal come in colour. My bank cannot provide original..

This is atrocious...
Why can the bank nor provide the originals, as it is your right under the finance bill to get the original. Infact, I bank with Abbey's and I get original bank statements every month in COLOUR!
I am curious as to what bank you are with and why don't they provide originals...from an ECO's perspective, if I was in his place, I would still reject duplicate statements.

Its the bank, or the lack of research, not the ECO's mistake.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:00 am

escoba wrote:Hey Riff- is it possible you could tell me why I cant log on to their website I tried last night still says invaild search or it refreshes the page? Any idea whats going on their. should I try from another computer?
You can give it a try, although I am not too sure, how Gerry are maintaining their online system.

It might be an issue with your computer's internet security certificates conflicting with the website's firewall policies. Try it on another computer..should work
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:01 am

ziggy317 wrote:does anybody know how long they take to issue the visa i recived email on monday to say that my wife has been granted a visa they will forward the file to issue department who will send the file to gerry nothing changed on the application statuse any advice would be appreciated
Once the ECO approves the visa, the passport is ent to the Visa Writers section (they can take 5-8 working days to go through the stamping and watermarking), then the file is sent back to the front office who dispatch it to Gerry's.

So all in all mate, keep another 14 working days in mind.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:03 am

nightrider wrote:

I still can't log in.

There are no emails for the ECO as nobody actually knows which ECO is assigned to which case. However, you can go the review route, if you were offered the appeal papers in the return package.
Otherwise, you would have to make a fresh application.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:04 am

nightrider wrote:escoba
they are absolutely useless, when i phoned them up last time they said "i dont understand why they sent you duplicates", she requested them again and the another woman wrote letter and said we dont give duplicates on original paper, well i asked for originals....

now i have 28 days to try and get originals... This is beyond ridiculous.

Does anyone know if i have to send all my documents again at the appeal or just my statements.
You have to only send the supporting evidence for the refusal reasons given by the ECO, not all the documents.
Skeptic