ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa delay ilr

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fuscia

spouse visa delay ilr

Post by Fuscia » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:58 pm

my sisters husband is here on a 2 year spouse visa. his 2 years will be up in october, the thing is that they are having a lot of ups and downs and my sister thinks that he is using her just as a way to stay in the country. she has a child with him. she doesnt quiet want to leave him, it sounds stupid its very complicated. she wants to give it a chance, but she's still not 100% sure.

is there anyway to delay the ilr, i mean when his 2 years are up can they apply for him to stay in the uk but not ilr.. just like extension time on the spouse visa?

he will be eligile for naturalisation straight away as he was on a student visa in the uk before marriage. any help ver warmly welcome. tyvm

rizwan_ali

Re: spouse visa delay ilr

Post by rizwan_ali » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Fuscia wrote:my sisters husband is here on a 2 year spouse visa. his 2 years will be up in october, the thing is that they are having a lot of ups and downs and my sister thinks that he is using her just as a way to stay in the country. she has a child with him. she doesnt quiet want to leave him, it sounds stupid its very complicated. she wants to give it a chance, but she's still not 100% sure.

is there anyway to delay the ilr, i mean when his 2 years are up can they apply for him to stay in the uk but not ilr.. just like extension time on the spouse visa?

he will be eligile for naturalisation straight away as he was on a student visa in the uk before marriage. any help ver warmly welcome. tyvm
dont pass the KOL test and apply for extention temporary leave thats the way can delay the ILR process.