ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from workpermit to Tier 1 (General)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mkniazi
Newly Registered

switching from workpermit to Tier 1 (General)

Post by mkniazi » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:54 pm

I am nearly completing my 4 years on workpermit and now want to switch to Tier 1 (General). I have two questions if anybody could please help me.

1. Will my 4 years of workpermit and one year of Tier 1 will contribute towards 5 years requirements for ILR.

2. If I do not have a job in my last year/5th year (i.e. after getting Tier 1) will it effect my ILR.

Many thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: switching from workpermit to Tier 1 (General)

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:04 pm

1. Will my 4 years of workpermit and one year of Tier 1 will contribute towards 5 years requirements for ILR.
YES, if the stay is contineous.. (it should be with out break in Visa or elgibility to live in the country.. )
2. If I do not have a job in my last year/5th year (i.e. after getting Tier 1) will it effect my ILR.
i dont think soo.. You should be fine... Having T1(g) visa you can do any job in this country with the same freedom as a UK resident so its not required to havea job..

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:10 pm

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Mkniazi...

Apologies for the incomplete info i gave in my previous msg.. please check SKUK's thread link...

Thanks SKUK for the info..

Cheers

mkniazi
Newly Registered

Post by mkniazi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks everybody

mkniazi
Newly Registered

Post by mkniazi » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:30 pm

Now I understand that one should be financially active (i.e. doing job or self employed). Is there any limit on earnings (i..e >20K etc).

Cheers