ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IMPORTANT !!! Tier 1 (G) Applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ALee_80

Re: for job searchers

Post by ALee_80 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:20 pm

hsmp400 wrote:@zeeshan
yes i m keeping my fingers crossed.....God will help me..
and there is a website
http://www.gumtree.com
must go and search for job, residence in the area you like
and since u r a telecom engineer , u dont need to worry , you will find job very easily
basically those who r finding difficulty in jobs are either on student visas, or their status in some ways are not clear, and secondly they do not have higher qualification. if u can speak enlish and impress the employer, i know the job is yours......its my experience....so dot worry...and if u have any friends and relatives their do get in touch wid them, dont reply on them but people u know are always of great help. If u find any problem then do let me know :) Job will not be a problem for you:)
take care
Hi there,

Just a couple of minor points.

1. Please beware of anything posted onto gumtree. The site is full of scammers and con-artists. Not saying all of the ads posted their are fake but you have been warned. People I know have been burned by con-artists. For applying for credible jobs you can use:

www.monster.co.uk
www.jobsite.co.uk
etc

also www.justengineers.net is a good portal for engineering jobs.

2. Being a telecom engineer does not guarantee you a job. In fact, NOTHING gurantees you a job in the current economic environment. All organisations are trying to get as lean as possible on the resource front. That means major job cuts, and it also means a vast number of job seekers with plenty of UK experience and qualifications applying for the same jobs as you. Now you can judge for yourself who's got better chances of bagging the position...

Word of advice:
Please DO NOT come with high hopes of getting your dream job as soon as you set foot in the UK. It will take time and considerable amount of patience before you find ANY job, let alone a job you would wake up every morning looking forward to go to.
No one knows how long it will take for the world to recover from the worst financial crisis in a long long time...days, months, years...we don't know. All we know is our own circumstances and priorities and it would be well advised for us to plan and act accordingly.

On a lighter note - anyone coming to the Midlands area (Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick etc) is welcome to get in touch with me for info on where to live and look for jobs etc.

Wish you all good luck...and please don't keep your fingers crossed :-) rather say InshaAllah...which is the correct expression for us Muslims.

Ali
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

hsmp400
Newly Registered

thanx

Post by hsmp400 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:30 pm

thanx Ali
for your concern and time,
you are right, but at the same time, i dont think that the decision each one of us has taken , thats of immigration is not coz we think thatwe will be hunting for gold over there......i know its difficult but then why to lose hope and think in a pessimistic way....here in our country had we not acing the problems that you mentioned are over there, i think, i least , i would have loved to stay in my country...but things are pretty difficult here....
a telecom engineer can start career by doing odd job there not here...and then one day he will find his dream job there....thats what i mean..
thanks

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:50 am

@go2zeeshan2004
Brother, they were by mistake purely. i will be more careful anyhow :).
I consulted two professionals and they said CODs are absolutely fine. And brother flakhany shared a different story about his case. :) Suggest pakistani friends, suggest please :)

@flakhany
That is more horrifying for me than. I got the money from my father and opened an account in UBL. My salary gets transfered in an other bank's account. What should i do to mention the source of funds then? I have the bank letter but it only says that the amount was never less than 2800 GBP since October 08. And can you please send me the exact link to the guide?
I am 95% done with the file and can not wait for another three months :(.

Rgds,
hhsmp

Laraib

Post by Laraib » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:21 am

As you all may know my EC was rejected and appeal allowed on 31st October, I was waiting for the BHC call letter from the last three months. Finally I received it, It is written to submit five thinks !. call letter of BHC, 2.passport, 3. TB test 4. intended date of travel,and 5. Copy of HSMP approval letter.
the HSMP approval letter is expired as it was valid for only six months. Now i am confused wheither to reprint it and if yes it may take three more months as usually they take this much time. A friend from India's EC was allowed with the expired HSMP letterafter allowed appeal. Do you know the same apply in Pakistan or not. Can you people guide me in my future action.
It will be highly appreciated if someone can help me. I have taken appointment of 19th for submission of passport and 13th for TB test.
Thanks
Laraib

flakhany
Newly Registered

Post by flakhany » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:33 am

@hhsmp

Brother i just wanted to make u cautious. I have already lost 90k because of that. In para 197 of the guide it says

"Evidence must be in the form of cash funds. Other
accounts or financial instruments such as shares,
bonds, pension funds etc, [b]regardless of notice period
are not acceptable."[/b]

In my case they didn't consider Consider Mutual Fund certificate as cash fund.

I believe COD is of [b]Fixed Period[/b] and they might not consider it.

Best of Luck in whatever u decide[/b]

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:08 pm

hmm...
And what was the rejection words? Can you share?
And one more things, these mutual funds you mentioned. Are they like for how much period fixed? And for what you maintained the cash in there? i mean before the date you applied for Tier-1.

Rgds,
hhsmp

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:37 pm

AoA all.

My turn to update the thread. Applied for tier 1 general visa under transitional arrangements for hsmp approval letter holders on 13 january at Lahore vac along with my wife and 1 kid. Don't know about verification calls. Got call from gerry's on wednesday midnight that my application is ready for collection. Picked up my passport yesterday (12 february) with visa stamped for 3 years Alhamdolilah.

Thanks to all those who helped, guided prayed in some way or the other. Best of luck to all who are still waiting.
Regards,
KM

Laraib

Post by Laraib » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:42 am

@Kmunir
did you won appeal or you were having fresh application.

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:53 am

@laraib

no appeal. I made a fresh visa application.
Regards,
KM

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:08 pm

My fri,

If you have submited
Ur Pay Slip + Bank Stat you should not be worried
Letter from emp is extra thing which will make no effect on dicision.

Thx
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:18 am

Hello everybody there....Hope you all doing fine there...Everyone waiting for their result, GOOD LUCK to all...

@hsmp400 and @Alee...

Thanks dear for your discussion about job scenerio there in UK. I agree with you both, as one should never lose hope and keep trying and the success will be his and on the other hand, the economy is not really good there as well, and one need to be patient and motivated. Also, its good to get an odd job meanwhile, so as to keep your pocket busy. Also, I will keep in touch with you Alee...as I am going to stay in the beginning there with my relatives in Birmingham...

Best Regards to all...
Regards,

Zeeshan

AdnanR
Newly Registered

Re: IMPORTANT !!! Tier 1 (G) Applicants from Pakistan

Post by AdnanR » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:40 pm

Hello Zeeshan,

Congrats on getting your tier1 visa stamped. I have a question regarding your post below.
go2zeeshan2004 wrote:
I have applied for Tier 1 (G) from khi-pk on 16th Dec'08 and just come to know by some means that, I might not be getting visa just coz. a slight chng in their (BHC) policy just now. I come to know few peoples being refused visas these days, just for the reason that they (BHC) are not accepting two evidences from the same place (i.e. in (my)case of Previous Earning : Job letter and Payslips). In this way, to be on safe side, u must submit bank statement showing your salary debits for the last 12 months.

So, this is the latest update from myside to all applicants specially applied from pk for Tier1 G to keep their fingers crossed and pray for urself and others too. And if u haven't applied yet, and planning to do so, just beware of this fact and prepare ur case more properly.
Is this still a concern? Are tax returns and Payslips not enough to prove previous earnings? As far as i know you have to submit 2 out of following 3 to claim points for previous earnings

1. Income Tax returns.
2. Pay Slips
3. Bank Statements showing your salary deposits

If i submit the first two, am I safe or is there a chance of rejection? If any one has some news on this, please comment.

Thanks and Regards.

kashifhbl
Newly Registered

Post by kashifhbl » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 am

I applied for Tier 1 General Visa on 14/01/2009 and got a reply from ABU DHABI office on 12/02/2009 saying that "YOUR FILE HAS BEEN PROCEESED", I called 8865 several time but they have no information...

The status on ukvacpk is Sent to islamabad OC on, No call recieve yet...What to do?

Muhammad Kashif

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:13 am

@KMunir
Congratulations to you dear...May ALLAH give you success in all your positive moves forward in this regard, NOW.. May I ask that, when you are planning to go ? I made another thread (which you can search with my name go2zeeshan2004), for those pakistani applicants wishing to move to UK in near future, Kindly, keep us updating there..Thanks in advance and GOOD LUCK...Need your prayers...

@Adnan
Thanks Adnan for your wish. Thank GOD, I can be able to answer your question, hehehe...mostly ppl ask me something, which unfortunately I can't answer and excuse them. Sir, as far as my knowledge is concerned, you are absolutely right that website says, you need to submit any two evidences from those 4 for your earnings proof. So, if one submits two(eg tax return and payslips) thats perfect and one shud not worry about it but there is a little trick in it. Remember one thing that, those two evidences must be from two different bodies (like tax and payslip), avoid submitting two from same body like payslip and employment letter, hope u understand what I mean by that. Also, I like to add onething before concluding my answer, that is, if you havn't submitted the application, its better to be more safer and submit one more evidence (employement letter), that will give your application more credibility. Don't worry, even if you submitted two, provided they both matches each other and covering whole 12 months time. Hope it answers your query. Feel free to ask...GOOD LUCK mate... Need your Prayers...

@Muhammad Kashif
Sir, I like to comment on your question here. I think, you should be little more patient here. Although you somehow come to know that your application is being processed there in ABDH but your status of application on UKVAC website still indicating that your application ......ISB OC... that means (to me) that your application is processed but it is not ready for collection. You should keep on checking your status on website while waiting for a call from VAC. But when your status changes to ready for collection.... just go to vac straightaway rather than waiting for their call and tell them that ur status is changed to ready for collection and here for collection...
Hope that answers your question and will help you...GOOD LUCK to you. Need your prayers...

@ALL
GOOD LUCK to everyone waiting....Need your prayers...
Regards,

Zeeshan

bluecanvas
Newly Registered

Post by bluecanvas » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:58 pm

thanks 'go2zeeshan2004' for a detailed answer.

Regards.

AdnanR
Newly Registered

Post by AdnanR » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Thanks Zeeshan for your insight. This means that tax returns from CBR and pay slips from employer are enough.

Regards,
-Adnan.

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:46 am

bluecanvas and Adnan.. u both welcome sir.. Adnan, I did say that they are enough but to be on safe side, its better to provide third evidence to them, I said this too :-)

GOOD LUCK everyone...

Need Prayers..

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

RiFF

Re: for job searchers

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:22 am

ALee_80 wrote:
hsmp400 wrote:@zeeshan
yes i m keeping my fingers crossed.....God will help me..
and there is a website
http://www.gumtree.com
must go and search for job, residence in the area you like
and since u r a telecom engineer , u dont need to worry , you will find job very easily
basically those who r finding difficulty in jobs are either on student visas, or their status in some ways are not clear, and secondly they do not have higher qualification. if u can speak enlish and impress the employer, i know the job is yours......its my experience....so dot worry...and if u have any friends and relatives their do get in touch wid them, dont reply on them but people u know are always of great help. If u find any problem then do let me know :) Job will not be a problem for you:)
take care
Hi there,

Just a couple of minor points.

1. Please beware of anything posted onto gumtree. The site is full of scammers and con-artists. Not saying all of the ads posted their are fake but you have been warned. People I know have been burned by con-artists. For applying for credible jobs you can use:

www.monster.co.uk
www.jobsite.co.uk
etc

also www.justengineers.net is a good portal for engineering jobs.

2. Being a telecom engineer does not guarantee you a job. In fact, NOTHING gurantees you a job in the current economic environment. All organisations are trying to get as lean as possible on the resource front. That means major job cuts, and it also means a vast number of job seekers with plenty of UK experience and qualifications applying for the same jobs as you. Now you can judge for yourself who's got better chances of bagging the position...

Word of advice:
Please DO NOT come with high hopes of getting your dream job as soon as you set foot in the UK. It will take time and considerable amount of patience before you find ANY job, let alone a job you would wake up every morning looking forward to go to.
No one knows how long it will take for the world to recover from the worst financial crisis in a long long time...days, months, years...we don't know. All we know is our own circumstances and priorities and it would be well advised for us to plan and act accordingly.

On a lighter note - anyone coming to the Midlands area (Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick etc) is welcome to get in touch with me for info on where to live and look for jobs etc.

Wish you all good luck...and please don't keep your fingers crossed :-) rather say InshaAllah...which is the correct expression for us Muslims.

Ali
Excellent post.
Skeptic

metalstorms
Newly Registered

Post by metalstorms » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Hello zeeshan/all,

Its great to find a telecom engr here with an excellent thread :)
Since you already have visa now, did you do research on UK job merket specifically for telecom? Any first hand information is always great help.

Frineds/family i have there quite skeptical, yet none of them is related to telecom. So, im greatly missing the insight :(

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Guys,

Having rejections on fresh passport in a different visa category can effect my this Tier-1 application? I have 2 student visa rejections (Sep2005, Feb2006) and now i am applying for Tier-1, a friend advised me to travel or get my passport stamped for any place outside my home country before applying.

Should i go for that? or just apply straight forward?
Suggest please.

Rgds,
hhsmp

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:36 pm

hhsmp wrote:Guys,

Having rejections on fresh passport in a different visa category can effect my this Tier-1 application? I have 2 student visa rejections (Sep2005, Feb2006) and now i am applying for Tier-1, a friend advised me to travel or get my passport stamped for any place outside my home country before applying.

Should i go for that? or just apply straight forward?
Suggest please.

Rgds,
hhsmp
Rejections in any other category do not effect any application in another category. By the way, I am curious, travelling to another country will prove..er what??
Skeptic

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:33 pm

thanks pal,

emm. .yes you are absolutely right. There is no need to do anything silly, its just being more conscious than the required on my part :).

And may be my friend advised as he thought this might change the impression that ECO can get from my fresh passport with 2 rejections.

As you wrote quite clearly so I will be applying right away in the start of march. Thanks once again :).

Anyone willing to share the filled form (VAF9 and Appendix1) for Tier-1 ?

Rgds,
hhsmp

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:34 am

Guys, anyone help please.

VAF9:
In 4.8 what should be written:
Either it should be (total income in the currency earned/GBP rate) e.g., 5900GBP
or
The number from the range band you get from SELF Assessment Tool @ UKBA (also visible in 4.9) e.g., 32100 GBP (Range with 35 points)

Rgds,
hhsmp

teeina
Newly Registered

Post by teeina » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:45 am

it should be (total income in the currency earned/GBP rate)

Regards
T.

hhsmp wrote:Guys, anyone help please.

VAF9:
In 4.8 what should be written:
Either it should be (total income in the currency earned/GBP rate) e.g., 5900GBP
or
The number from the range band you get from SELF Assessment Tool @ UKBA (also visible in 4.9) e.g., 32100 GBP (Range with 35 points)

Rgds,
hhsmp

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks T,

but what would the answer to 4.9 then?

leave that blank?

Rgds,
hhsmp