ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengan Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

TinTinTin

Schengan Visa

Post by TinTinTin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:01 am

Hello,

I'm a British Citizen and my wife is an Indian Citizen.

Please could you advise what is the procedure/process for my wife to get Visa to travel to France. I hope she still needs a visa to enter france, as she holds an indian passport.
I'm posting this, to figure out any 'options/category' she can apply for Schengan under Spouse of British Citizen category(if such a one exist!).

Much appreciate your thoughts.

thanks
Tin Tin

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:30 am

Lots of information on the French Consulate website.

You do not say where in the UK you live. Which city of county?

Before my own wife got her British Passport she applied twice to the French Consulate for Schengen visas. A relatively painless procedure. On the application form all the starred questions can be left blank, and evidence relating to those questions is not needed ..... as your wife is married to you. But you will need to prove that she is indeed a "family member" of an EEA national, you!
John

TinTinTin

Post by TinTinTin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi John - thank you.

I live in London and i was going thru the site and couldnt really get few questions answered.

a) Looks like my wife can apply under the category - spouse of British(EU National) and the visa is issued free of charge.
b) Does she need to provide any proof of travel ?

tx

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Using your lettering :-
  1. The visa is free
  2. No, that is a starred question, so no need to answer that question, nor provide any evidence concerning that matter.
Living in London a personal application will need to be made at the French Consulate. In order to prove that your wife is a family member of an EEA citizen, you, she will need to provide your British Passport and also the marriage certificate. That marriage certificate? Is it is English, or if not, do you have a certified translation into English?
John

TinTinTin

Post by TinTinTin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:59 pm

Thank you John for your quick response.

Marriage certificate is in English.

A last question, how long will the visa be granted ( as there is no need to provide proof of stay or travel tickets). In other words, can be provided a multiple entry (with max 90 day stay) for an Indefinite period of time ?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:20 pm

We never had to apply in person ... only by post ... by my understanding is that those applying in person get their visa on a while-you-wait basis. If anyone thinks that is wrong, please post.

Length of visa? My understanding, and certainly our experience, is that the first French-issued Schengen visa is for 6 months, and subsequent ones tend to be for 1 year. But, as you say, each visit to "Schengenland" cannot exceed 90 days in length.
John

rak3sh
Newly Registered

Post by rak3sh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi Tintintin,
John is right in saying that the visa will be issued the same day while you wait for personal applications.
Appointment is required for personal applications but postal applications are also accepted.
Original marriage certificate and spouse's EU passport are required along with other general documents.
Maybe the following site can help - www.visasforindians.com. It has visa information for indians in the uk.