ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

8 months since lodging indefinate leave form. Need advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

desertlilly
Newly Registered

8 months since lodging indefinate leave form. Need advice

Post by desertlilly » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 am

My wife has lived in the UK since 1994 and became eligable for indefinate leave to remain in the middle of last year. We sent in the forms in August and sent a follow up fax to 0114 207 2536 6 weeks ago but have no word or idea about how long we have to wait. We understand that a decision should be made within 14 weeks, which was at the start of Jan this year (we lodged the forms a month or two prior to the 'actual' 14 year date). Is it appropriate to call? If so, what is the number of the office. On average, does anyone know how long we may be expecting to wait?
I'm currently working in Australia and my wife is in the UK, so the delay and the seperation is really hard. Please help if you can.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: 8 months since lodging indefinate leave form. Need advic

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:30 am

Posted on wrong thread.....its for Tier 1 General.....

[

quote="desertlilly"]My wife has lived in the UK since 1994 and became eligable for indefinate leave to remain in the middle of last year. We sent in the forms in August and sent a follow up fax to 0114 207 2536 6 weeks ago but have no word or idea about how long we have to wait. We understand that a decision should be made within 14 weeks, which was at the start of Jan this year (we lodged the forms a month or two prior to the 'actual' 14 year date). Is it appropriate to call? If so, what is the number of the office. On average, does anyone know how long we may be expecting to wait?
I'm currently working in Australia and my wife is in the UK, so the delay and the seperation is really hard. Please help if you can.[/quote]
Thinking low is crime....

desertlilly
Newly Registered

t_mahmood

Post by desertlilly » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:28 am

I'm afraid your reply isnt clear to me. Please post me a link to the correct section if you believe this is the wrong place.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Re: t_mahmood

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:39 am

desertlilly wrote:I'm afraid your reply isnt clear to me. Please post me a link to the correct section if you believe this is the wrong place.
Hi desertilly, the most relevant forum for your query will be this one:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=3

I think you can definitely call homeoffice since six weeks have elapsed now. This is the number to call: 0870 606 7766

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:59 am

14 years long residency applications take years to be processed (2-3 years minimum) and yes the appropriate forums are the General UK Immigration and Immigration for Family Members.