ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa rejected on grounds of marriage photo

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

girish

spouse visa rejected on grounds of marriage photo

Post by girish » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:26 am

Hi
my spouse visa got rejected stating that the marriage photo was not valid. we had submitted just 1 marriage photo along with the marriage/registration certificate. we have been given the AIT-2 form for appeal. Could anyone of you please help me to suggest if we should re-apply or go for a appeal. also waht is the average time taken.

Regards
Girish

Bad-Boy
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa rejected on grounds of marriage photo

Post by Bad-Boy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:11 am

Hi Grish

I think you should reapply with fresh and more photos of you two together; rather than appeal as appeal can take up to one year.
Good Luck

RiFF

Re: spouse visa rejected on grounds of marriage photo

Post by RiFF » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:26 am

girish wrote:Hi
my spouse visa got rejected stating that the marriage photo was not valid. we had submitted just 1 marriage photo along with the marriage/registration certificate. we have been given the AIT-2 form for appeal. Could anyone of you please help me to suggest if we should re-apply or go for a appeal. also waht is the average time taken.

Regards
Girish
Please write specifically what was in the rejection letter and we might be able to help you more..

Also, in my opinion, there is no harm in re-applying as well as appealing at the same time.
Skeptic