ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complications involved in Mother's Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:31 am

I dont think with her current situation, you can get her a visit visa.

So you might have to grin and bear it and wait till you get the ILR so that you can apply for her as your dependent.
Skeptic

khanz

Post by khanz » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Ok guys, thanks for all your time and advice.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:04 pm

If you are going for a visitor visa, then find below what the ECO will look at to make his decision

VAT2.1 What are the requirements

Immigration Rules for visitors: Paragraphs 40 and 41

The main points on which an ECO must be satisfied:

* that the applicant is giving a true account of what (s)he intends to do during his/her stay in the UK and the length of time (s)he will stay in the UK; and
* that, during his/her stay, (s)he does not intend undertaking any activity which is not allowed by the Rules relating to visitors; and
* that there are sufficient funds available to finance the stay (and that of any dependants) and the onward or return journey.

If you are happy and convinced that both you and your mum meet the requirement, then apply for a visitors visa.

Like I have previously stated,the only problem,I can see from the ECO's perspective,is why does she want to visit someone whom she has only seen a few weeks back.

I suppose the only way to find out is to apply and see what happens.All you will stand to loose is about £100 in application fees.

Good luck

bototo

Post by bototo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:12 pm

£100 in application fees
£100 in application fees, a record of being refused and a stamp in the passport.
She does not have any bank account or other property in her name. All her children are married.
If she does not have anything to go back home for then it would be difficult to convince the ECO that she has something to go back home for.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:23 pm

If she does not have anything to go back home for then it would be difficult to convince the ECO that she has something to go back home for.
I have helped a lot of eldely women ,paticularly from the Indian sub continent to get visitors visa, when they had no job, no savings,no property on their names.

The ECO are fully aware of the fact that most elderly women dont work and therefore have very little savings.Propeties and land are usually on their husbands name but stillget visas.

Had this issue applied to men, then there is a good chance they will be refused a visitors visas,but this doesnt in general apply to women.

The fact that she has the majority of her family and grandchildren, as well as her family home back in pakistan is in my opinion a good incentive to return there.

I think the problem is going to be to convince the ECO to grant a visa to visit someone that she has only recently seen.
100 in application fees, a record of being refused and a stamp in the passport.
So what,its only a refusal to grant a visa. Its not that she has committed a crime that is likely to be held against her in the future.

khanz

Post by khanz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi All,

I agree with Batley Khan, because he is talking more logically. My mother already has a refusal stamp from british embassy in 2007. I intend to give it a try again and will apply for her visit visa in first week of April.

Regards.
Zahid

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:56 am

If you are going to follow my advice, it is imperative that in order to suceed in getting your mum a visa, you have the right application, documents etc.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/VAF1B

This is the applicayion form you will need. Read it carefully, you complete it here in the UK (to make sure every detail is correct) and then send it to pakistan, so they can copy exact details on the original application available from Gerry Fedexs office .

You will need the following items to be sent with them.

1. Certified copies of all your pages of your passport showing your status in Uk and the entry and exits stamps when you have travelled on this passport.

2. Your employment letter/contarct

3 Wage slips/P60 etc

4. Bank statements showing transaction for the last 3 months or so. as well as funds between £3-4000 to show that you have sufficient funds to support her stay in the UK

5 Accomadation deatils / Tennancy agreement etc

6.The most important doc is the Sponsorship letter.In here you have to write why you want your to invite your mum and what incentives she has to return to pakistan.

Remember a good and honest application will always succeed

Hope this helps you. If you need help you know where I am. I am unavaialable during April as I am off for Umrah and then visting Jerusalam and Istambul.

Good luck

bototo

Post by bototo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:03 am

I agree with Batley Khan, because he is talking more logically.
You agree with him because he gives you the answers you want ;) despite what people in the know, like Wanderer, are telling you.

But save us your lecture on logic.

batleykhan, I agree that ECOs have specific guidance on the cultural nuances - and don't require all women to own land - that's why I pointed out that she needs to have something to draw her back to Pakistan (which is what, I understand, you are saying as well). The stronger the case of family ties the better the application - we seem to be agreed on that.

Re the issue of the stamp in the passport - why do they even put it in there? It's a flag, it's marked in code (it never says "application refused" - it's more likely to say "applied xx/xx/xx" even though it's marked only on refusal) and is a signal to other immigration officers - both our own and those from other countries. The fact that she already has a refused stamp is, I believe, detrimental to her success this time. However, I may concede even that to you.

One thing you are completely, totally, deeply wrong on is the infallible mantle you bestow upon ECOs. It is not the case that a good and honest application will always win. I've already got one tribunal victory behind me where the judge took a decision in minutes, delivered the judgement immediately and was severely critical of the original UKBA refusal. I was witness to a similar "injustice" that had to be corrected at tribunal and I'm sure there are hundreds/thousands of those happening every year. There are several threads on these boards testament to that.

khanz, I sincerely wish you all the best with your application and hope that your initial inclination to manipulate the system has blown over
happy even if she gets visit visa because she would be able to stay here for few months and then after couple of months, she can apply again for longer period.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:31 am

bototo wrote:
I agree with Batley Khan, because he is talking more logically.
You agree with him because he gives you the answers you want ;) despite what people in the know, like Wanderer, are telling you.

But save us your lecture on logic.

batleykhan, I agree that ECOs have specific guidance on the cultural nuances - and don't require all women to own land - that's why I pointed out that she needs to have something to draw her back to Pakistan (which is what, I understand, you are saying as well). The stronger the case of family ties the better the application - we seem to be agreed on that.

Re the issue of the stamp in the passport - why do they even put it in there? It's a flag, it's marked in code (it never says "application refused" - it's more likely to say "applied xx/xx/xx" even though it's marked only on refusal) and is a signal to other immigration officers - both our own and those from other countries. The fact that she already has a refused stamp is, I believe, detrimental to her success this time. However, I may concede even that to you.

One thing you are completely, totally, deeply wrong on is the infallible mantle you bestow upon ECOs. It is not the case that a good and honest application will always win. I've already got one tribunal victory behind me where the judge took a decision in minutes, delivered the judgement immediately and was severely critical of the original UKBA refusal. I was witness to a similar "injustice" that had to be corrected at tribunal and I'm sure there are hundreds/thousands of those happening every year. There are several threads on these boards testament to that.

khanz, I sincerely wish you all the best with your application and hope that your initial inclination to manipulate the system has blown over
happy even if she gets visit visa because she would be able to stay here for few months and then after couple of months, she can apply again for longer period.
Excellent post. Agreed in full. I raise my hand with bototo as some one who has fought the tribunal for a decision which took 2 minutes, and the judge again was very very aggrieved at the ECO's behaivour.
Skeptic

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:10 pm

I think there is only way to find the outcome of this and that is to apply and see what happens. Unfortunately there is no other soloution

Speaking from experience of having done Immigration casework/Appeals work day in and day out for the last number of years, I am confident that the advice I have given to Khanz will put his mother in good stead to get the neccesary visa she needs.

My only doubt is that the ECO might just refuse it on the grounds that both parties have recently met and he feels that it is not neccesary for the mother to go and see her son again so soon . If it were not for this, then I would have stuck my neck out and say she would definetely have got it.