ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:28 pm

FKarim wrote:Congratulations to all who have received their approvals so quickly!

However, it appears as if Home Office is randomly picking applications out of sequence and processing them (I am sure this is not the case but whatever it is, I can't understand).

Mine was received at the HO on 21/10/2008 but still waiting. It is the simplest of cases. During the last 6+ years that I've been here, I've been out of the UK for only 70-odd days, been in full time professional employment every single day, always received my salaries net so no tax issues, no criminal convictions, no attempts to calim any undue benefits. Can't see any complications - simple WP (2 years) -> HSMP (3 years) -> ILR (1 year) -> Naturalisation route.

Some people who applied a few days before me received their approvals over a month ago. Many who applied 2-3 months after me have got theirs recently. Could someone advise what could possibly be wrong?

I know the frustration but keep the faith...it is a matter of time...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... tingtimes/
Where there is a will there is a way.

Rohan
Newly Registered

Post by Rohan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:48 pm

Chess wrote:
FKarim wrote:Congratulations to all who have received their approvals so quickly!

However, it appears as if Home Office is randomly picking applications out of sequence and processing them (I am sure this is not the case but whatever it is, I can't understand).

Mine was received at the HO on 21/10/2008 but still waiting. It is the simplest of cases. During the last 6+ years that I've been here, I've been out of the UK for only 70-odd days, been in full time professional employment every single day, always received my salaries net so no tax issues, no criminal convictions, no attempts to calim any undue benefits. Can't see any complications - simple WP (2 years) -> HSMP (3 years) -> ILR (1 year) -> Naturalisation route.

Some people who applied a few days before me received their approvals over a month ago. Many who applied 2-3 months after me have got theirs recently. Could someone advise what could possibly be wrong?

I am with the same timeline as FKarim. We handed our papers at NCS -Hamilton, Glasgow on 15th Oct 08 and Ho received on 22 Oct. 5 years WP+1 Yr ILR- Straight forward with minimum number of days out of UK etc. But we are total of three applicants - Self, wife and son over 18 years.
I can only think the difference being the family application. However, still begining to be concerned when you see some applications are dealt within weeks than months.
Rohan

jamba
Newly Registered

Post by jamba » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:45 pm

NCS or Postal : NCS @ Peterborough
Date of submission or posting : 7 November 2008
CRITERIA : 5 yr stay (with 1 yr ILR)
Date of receipt of acknowledgment : Dated 20th November 2008
Date of Debit (via credit card ): Around 26th November 2008
Date of receipt of approval : 16th February 2009 (dated 7th February 2009)
Date of Ceremony : 10 March 2009
Date of appln. for passport : awaiting

katatonia
Newly Registered

Post by katatonia » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:22 pm

Rohan wrote:
Chess wrote:

I am with the same timeline as FKarim. We handed our papers at NCS -Hamilton, Glasgow on 15th Oct 08 and Ho received on 22 Oct. 5 years WP+1 Yr ILR- Straight forward with minimum number of days out of UK etc. But we are total of three applicants - Self, wife and son over 18 years.
I can only think the difference being the family application. However, still begining to be concerned when you see some applications are dealt within weeks than months.
Rohan
I am in the same boat, I have been waiting since August 2008,Spouse of BC.

munisa

Post by munisa » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:01 pm

Can somebody please tell me the difference between a private ceremony and normal ceremony please. Does a private one speed things up as in getting a faster appointment date?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

jamba
Newly Registered

Post by jamba » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:53 pm

munisa wrote:Can somebody please tell me the difference between a private ceremony and normal ceremony please. Does a private one speed things up as in getting a faster appointment date?
Yes thats right, you have to pay for a private ceremony. I was quoted £120 for a private ceremony by my council. I will have to wait for 3 weeks for a normal ceremony. i don't really mind waiting because I have already waited 3 months for my approval.

durgaprasanth
Newly Registered

Post by durgaprasanth » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:38 am

For leeds city council its £100 for private cermony, I paid this fee otherwise I had to wait for 2 months for public cermony.

Outside london all other councils are apprx £100

[quote="munisa"]Can somebody please tell me the difference between a private ceremony and normal ceremony please. Does a private one speed things up as in getting a faster appointment date?[/quote]

durgaprasanth
Newly Registered

Post by durgaprasanth » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:40 am

NCS or Postal : NCS @ Leeds
Date of submission or posting : 19th December 2008
CRITERIA : 5 yr on (WP + HSMP) + 1 yr ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgment : Dated 06 Jan 2009
Date of receipt of approval : 9th Feb 2009 (dated 28th Jan 2009)
Date of Ceremony : 10th Feb 2009 (Private Cermony)
Date of appln. for passport : 10th Feb 2009
Method used: Post Office Check & Send (Leeds Merrion Center)
Documents returned:
Interview request letter: 17th Feb 2009
Interview date: 23rd Feb 2009
Date of Receipt of passport:

munisa

Post by munisa » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:36 pm

jamba wrote:
munisa wrote:Can somebody please tell me the difference between a private ceremony and normal ceremony please. Does a private one speed things up as in getting a faster appointment date?
Yes thats right, you have to pay for a private ceremony. I was quoted £120 for a private ceremony by my council. I will have to wait for 3 weeks for a normal ceremony. i don't really mind waiting because I have already waited 3 months for my approval.
Thanks Jamba,
I think I would rather pay £100 - £200 if I can save one month given the current uncertainities in law changes.

munisa

Post by munisa » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Thanks everyone for the marvellous help in this forum. Must I have held ILR for exactly 12 months by the date of receipt of the application by the HO or a few days before is acceptable. Thanks

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:17 pm

The applicant should have complpeted full 12 months on ILR before their naturalisation application reaches UKBA.

ARTIST007
Newly Registered

Post by ARTIST007 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:49 am

dnicky wrote:The applicant should have complpeted full 12 months on ILR before their naturalisation application reaches UKBA.
:evil: :roll: Not compulsory if you have spent at least a year or more before your ILR qualifying period ie eg spouse have 2yrs on marriage visa(qualifying period) before being granted ILR,if the spouse have spent at least a yr in uk before that 2yr spouse visa was granted, he/she could apply for naturalization a day after getting his/her ILR :lol:
Same goes for other criteria as well,eg 5 yrs work permit qualifying period for ILR,if the applicant has spent at least a yr in any capacity eg student before that 5 yrs work permit period, he/she can apply for naturalization a day after been granted ILR. :D
Please get all the facts right before posting advise as misleading people could be very expensive and time wasting in terms of application.

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:34 am

Same goes for other criteria as well,eg 5 yrs work permit qualifying period for ILR,if the applicant has spent at least a yr in any capacity eg student before that 5 yrs work permit period, he/she can apply for naturalization a day after been granted ILR.
No that's not right for 5 years on WP/HSMP/Tier 1 criteria. One would still need to complete full 12 months on ILR before applying for ILR. You are right though about the spouse category.
Please get all the facts right before posting advise as misleading people could be very expensive and time wasting in terms of application.
Based upon the original query, I had assumed that the OP belonged to the WP/HSMP category, although I should have got it confirmed .

However, calm down. No one asking for advise over here should and would blindly follow the same without getting it confirmed from official sources such as UKBA, as well as no one will deliberately give false advise/information in order to mislead co-members.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:51 pm

durgaprasanth wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS @ Leeds
Documents returned:
Date of Receipt of passport:
How was the interview?

durgaprasanth
Newly Registered

Post by durgaprasanth » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Nothing to worry about. You need to arrive 10 min before the scheduled time. First they asked to confirm my name, address, date of birth. Then they asked my wife name, dob, previous addr, mom & dad's name and adress. Finally credit history, your current a/c, loans, mortgage & store cards

Interview total time - 15 min.

[quote="Chess"]

How was the interview?[/quote]

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:15 pm

durgaprasanth wrote:Nothing to worry about. You need to arrive 10 min before the scheduled time. First they asked to confirm my name, address, date of birth. Then they asked my wife name, dob, previous addr, mom & dad's name and adress. Finally credit history, your current a/c, loans, mortgage & store cards

Interview total time - 15 min.
Chess wrote:
How was the interview?
Glad it went ok - Did you go to Park Place near the old Bank of england building?

durgaprasanth
Newly Registered

Post by durgaprasanth » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:10 pm

yes its 33 park place

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:54 am

Update

Date of ILR: 07/01/09
NCS or Postal : NCS Leeds
Date of submission or posting : 9/01/2009
CRITERIA : HSMP (caught up in 5 year mess!!) to get ILR - SPOUSE criteria for Citizenship
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 20/01/2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 20/01/2009
Date of receipt of approval from HO :
Date of receipt of invitation letter : 14/02/2009 dated 04/02/2009
Date of Ceremony : 17/02/2009 (private ceremony)
Date of appln. for passport : 17/02/2009 (Check and Send)
Date of Return of Naturalisation Certificate and passport by SMS: 23/02/2009
Date of Receipt of Invitation Letter for Interview: 24/02/2009
Date of Interview: 02/03/09 (my centre is fully booked up for next 5 days!!)

munisa

Post by munisa » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Chess wrote:Update

CRITERIA : HSMP (caught up in 5 year mess!!) to get ILR - SPOUSE criteria for Citizenship
Chess,
Is the date of debit/credit equal to the actual date of receipt of the documents by HO. I have a very tight window of 8 days when I was physically in UK. Am worried whether they are enough for the application to reach HO? Thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:42 pm

munisa wrote:

Chess,
Is the date of debit/credit equal to the actual date of receipt of the documents by HO. I have a very tight window of 8 days when I was physically in UK. Am worried whether they are enough for the application to reach HO? Thanks
Date of receipt of Docs by HO is the following working day after posting...asuming you use special delivery/NCS

munisa

Post by munisa » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:14 pm

Chess wrote:
munisa wrote:

Chess,
Date of receipt of Docs by HO is the following working day after posting...asuming you use special delivery/NCS
Chess,
Many Thanks and best of luck with the interview. U have crossed the bridge now no need to worry any more.

moh4u
Newly Registered

Post by moh4u » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:33 pm

NCS or Postal : NCS southampton
Date of submission or posting : 24/02/09
CRITERIA : WP +HSMP (caught up in 5 year mess!!)
Date of debit of debit/credit card :
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :
Date of receipt of invitation letter :

List of docs submitted
Passport (photocopy)
driving licence (photocopy)
life in uk (photocopy)
Employer letter(original) thats it

Can anyone please let me know if these docs are enough

Iam bit worried because she dint take my p60, payslips, bankstatements.

Chess wrote:
munisa wrote:

Chess,

ARTIST007
Newly Registered

Post by ARTIST007 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 pm

Dont worry moh4u,
for mine,just life in the uk & Uni admission letter and i think working and child tax credit documents and thats all!!! My driving licence,p60,payslip,bank statement etc where all rejected by the guy at NCS who says all of those documents dont really show your presence in the uk as you could be in brazil or china and still be getting your p60,payslip,bank statement delivered to you somehow, which is quite right.
He says that was all enough what he got. :D so just a waiting game now.
welcome on board :lol:

durgaprasanth
Newly Registered

Success

Post by durgaprasanth » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:04 am

NCS or Postal : NCS @ Leeds
Documents returned:
Date of Receipt of passport: 25th Feb 2009

Finally after 6yr and 2 mnts I am a British Citizen now

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Success

Post by Chess » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:15 am

durgaprasanth wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS @ Leeds
Documents returned:
Date of Receipt of passport: 25th Feb 2009

Finally after 6yr and 2 mnts I am a British Citizen now
Fantastic news...a bit of a correction, you became a BC as soon as you got your Naturalisation Certificate so 6 yrs + 1.5months :wink: