ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BHC Islamabad vs. Islamabad OC

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lubzy

Post by lubzy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi

Which VAC did you apply at? My husband applied at Lahore and early this morning his status changed to "...visit the application centre where you submitted to collect the same" but he has not received any phone call. He tried calling the VAC and they said wait for our phone call, despite the online message saying VISIT and not 'contact' the VAC.

Should he wait for the call or is it worth him turning up tomorrow with a copy of the online message? Has anyone else done this and been allowed inside to collect their passport and documents?

215HAN

Post by 215HAN » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:38 pm

i applied at lahore and did wait for call from 7th feb till 2day but no call and they just went down and just gave it to them!

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Post by HeartGambler » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Hello Every1,

I came through this website few weeks ago and since then have been reading and following the posts which indeed have been extremly useful.

This is why I would like to share my case with u guys as it may help u in any regard.

I submitted my Spouse Visa Application (VAF4) 27th January 2009
( 1 hour late then my scheduled app time but still the VAC KHI accepted it)

Online Status since the 27th Jan (Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 27 Jan 2009)

2nd February 2009 (
(Your applicatin has been forwarded to OC Islamabad on.........)

16th February 2009
(Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same.)

Just to clarify that these status are from the GERRYS/VAC website
http://www.ukvacpk.com (right at the bottom track your passport)

The online status from the https://www.vfsglobal.org/applicantstatus.aspx website has never ever changed it was (Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 27 Jan 2009) on the 27th Jan and again on the 16th Feb.

So I would advise do not bother using it as it does not update for sure or may be ONLY if your application has been sent to BHC AbuDhabi.

I still havent received any call from the VAC but INSHALLAH I will go tom to collect my Passport therfore dont know if its been successful or not)

Few things to mention here although it said OC ( which means Opeartion center & Overseas Commision) but my application was in BHC Islamabad only as I checked with the BHC AbuDhabi yesterday & they did not had my application.

So my conclusion is that OC is to be taken as operation center (which is true as BHC Islamabd has a centralised OC) if the application is with the BHC Islamabad alternatively OC should be referred to Overseas Commission( as Advised by Gerrys/VAC inside staff) is the application has been sent to AbuDhabi.

Secondly u dont need to worry about any accomodation/inspection report from the local council because they have stop doing it and therfore its not a mandatory requirment for the BHC.

The way to get through it and save money is to include the recent council tax bill which states the band of the property (D,E etc) so the units could be calculated and overcrowding issue could be addressed.

Finally u dont need to worry about VAC calling u once ur status is changed to application ready for collection just wait for 2 days and pop down to the VAC and just TELL u were told to come and collect ur Passport and 99% of the time they will give it to u also the collection times are from 2pm - 5pm and SURELY u donot need any appointment.

Thats it from now I will InshaAllah post the outcome as soon as I get my passport.

Congrats to those who have received thier visas and Goodluck to those who are still waiting.

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:33 pm

HeartGambler wrote:Hello Every1,

I came through this website few weeks ago and since then have been reading and following the posts which indeed have been extremly useful.

This is why I would like to share my case with u guys as it may help u in any regard.

I submitted my Spouse Visa Application (VAF4) 27th January 2009
( 1 hour late then my scheduled app time but still the VAC KHI accepted it)

Online Status since the 27th Jan (Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 27 Jan 2009)

2nd February 2009 (
(Your applicatin has been forwarded to OC Islamabad on.........)

16th February 2009
(Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same.)

Just to clarify that these status are from the GERRYS/VAC website
http://www.ukvacpk.com (right at the bottom track your passport)

The online status from the https://www.vfsglobal.org/applicantstatus.aspx website has never ever changed it was (Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 27 Jan 2009) on the 27th Jan and again on the 16th Feb.

So I would advise do not bother using it as it does not update for sure or may be ONLY if your application has been sent to BHC AbuDhabi.

I still havent received any call from the VAC but INSHALLAH I will go tom to collect my Passport therfore dont know if its been successful or not)

Few things to mention here although it said OC ( which means Opeartion center & Overseas Commision) but my application was in BHC Islamabad only as I checked with the BHC AbuDhabi yesterday & they did not had my application.

So my conclusion is that OC is to be taken as operation center (which is true as BHC Islamabd has a centralised OC) if the application is with the BHC Islamabad alternatively OC should be referred to Overseas Commission( as Advised by Gerrys/VAC inside staff) is the application has been sent to AbuDhabi.

Secondly u dont need to worry about any accomodation/inspection report from the local council because they have stop doing it and therfore its not a mandatory requirment for the BHC.

The way to get through it and save money is to include the recent council tax bill which states the band of the property (D,E etc) so the units could be calculated and overcrowding issue could be addressed.

Finally u dont need to worry about VAC calling u once ur status is changed to application ready for collection just wait for 2 days and pop down to the VAC and just TELL u were told to come and collect ur Passport and 99% of the time they will give it to u also the collection times are from 2pm - 5pm and SURELY u donot need any appointment.

Thats it from now I will InshaAllah post the outcome as soon as I get my passport.

Congrats to those who have received thier visas and Goodluck to those who are still waiting.
let us know what happens, we will be going on wednesday to try and pick our passport.

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Re: @all

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:50 am

zynii wrote:guys zeeshans was write abt that OC thing
i applied for the visa on 2nd jan n my status got changed on 3 feb frm BHC to OC
n i got a call from VAC on 10 FEB to collect ur passport
n ALHUMDOLILAH thax TO Allah Ji
we got 2 year visas on or passport

Many Many CONGRATULATIONS to you for your success... Stay in touch and remember me in your DUA...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:21 am

nightrider wrote:does anyone know the collection time to pick up passports from isl gerrys?
2pm - 5pm
Skeptic

zynii
Newly Registered

@all

Post by zynii » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:02 pm

thx zeeshan INSHALLAH I WILL

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:22 am

@zynii

You welcome jee. Kindly, visit my new thread for applicants from pk got their visas. Share your views about job market there in UK and give others advices in the light of suggestions/personal research about economy/job/field etc to those, who are willing to move to UK in near future...Thanks in advance.

Stay in touch...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

shaby7484
Newly Registered

HELP

Post by shaby7484 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi guys,

this thread is really good and informative.

however i need some clarification...

my wife applied for her settlement visa on 13 janry.

since the 9th of febry the application status has been changed to one that basically says visit the centre where you submitted application and pick up.

however I phoned Gerry and they said that they will call my wife to arrange for her to pick up passport.

it has now been over one week since the application status has changed to come and pick up application.

each time i phone gerry they say someone from the isb centre will phone you, they have said do not go there without an appointment.

We are waiting so long and I am getting fed up!

Should I tell my wife to go to Gerry office in ISB and try to get passport, even though Gerry have not phoned?

please help guys

thanks!

ejaz2g

Application forwarded to islamabad OC on

Post by ejaz2g » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:20 am

Hello zeshaan.
sorry for the late reply. was not using net during past few days because was busy in project. I am sorry to say that currently the job market in the uk is very bad. By bad i doesn't mean that no chance to get a job but its very difficult to get enter in to some company because uk is going through recession. try your luck and I am sure that you will get a nice job in near future. At this stage will suggest one thing that please be patient and hope for the best.

shaby7484
Newly Registered

Re: HELP

Post by shaby7484 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:31 am

shaby7484 wrote:Hi guys,

this thread is really good and informative.

however i need some clarification...

my wife applied for her settlement visa on 13 janry.

since the 9th of febry the application status has been changed to one that basically says visit the centre where you submitted application and pick up.

however I phoned Gerry and they said that they will call my wife to arrange for her to pick up passport.

it has now been over one week since the application status has changed to come and pick up application.

each time i phone gerry they say someone from the isb centre will phone you, they have said do not go there without an appointment.

We are waiting so long and I am getting fed up!

Should I tell my wife to go to Gerry office in ISB and try to get passport, even though Gerry have not phoned?

please help guys

thanks!
Also can I ask....If one does go there without appointment how do you talk your way through into letting them go into the building to recieve your passport? Do they not have a list showing who has an apptmnt and who doesnt?

thanks again!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:50 am

@ shaby

They do and you cant go there without an appointment. Wait for the call. Alternatively, you could always pop down there and play a bluff by telling them you received a call. I am sure, they will let you in.
Skeptic

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:33 am

@Shaby

Sir, I don't know much abt ISB but here in khi, I picked up my application without their call and few others did same. When you reach there, you just have to say that this is my reciept and my NIC, I came here to collect my application as the status on website showing that application is ready for collection. They shud allow you to go in, as they must have this in their record that it is really ready. So, my advise is to go there and don't wait for their call.

GOOD LUCK...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

shaby7484
Newly Registered

Re: Hello

Post by shaby7484 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:52 pm

go2zeeshan2004 wrote:@Shaby

Sir, I don't know much abt ISB but here in khi, I picked up my application without their call and few others did same. When you reach there, you just have to say that this is my reciept and my NIC, I came here to collect my application as the status on website showing that application is ready for collection. They shud allow you to go in, as they must have this in their record that it is really ready. So, my advise is to go there and don't wait for their call.

GOOD LUCK...

Regards,

Hmm ok thanks. We will go tomorrow and see what happens. It is very Frustrating that we are having to wait this long for someone to contact us.

I will let you know the result tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well. Please pray for me. Thanks.

Ballu
Newly Registered

Apply for student visa from ISB VAC

Post by Ballu » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:16 pm

hello guyz

please tell me that can any body apply for student visa for uk from ISB VAC and if yes then please also tell me date of application and if got passport then collection date as well

thanks

RiFF

Re: Apply for student visa from ISB VAC

Post by RiFF » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:51 am

Ballu wrote:hello guyz

please tell me that can any body apply for student visa for uk from ISB VAC and if yes then please also tell me date of application and if got passport then collection date as well

thanks
You are posting, unfortunately in the wrong forum. This is , settlement for family members. You might find it more useful to post this enquiry in another appropriate forum
Skeptic

Ballu
Newly Registered

Post by Ballu » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:34 pm

hello riff

could u plz tell me name of appropriate forum caz i didnt find any.

thanks

Bad-Boy
Newly Registered

Post by Bad-Boy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:27 am

[quote="batleykhan"]The Home Office figures are all well and done, but unfortunately in reality this is not the case, as you and a few other people have found out that it takes a lot longer to get a result.

Hi Khan

Any idea on how long it takes to change the application status from"Application was sent to Islamabad OC......"

to

"Application is ready for collection...."?

As mine has been nearly a month showing the status of "Application sent to Isalamabad OC....." and it hasn't changed yet.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:42 am

Ballu wrote:hello riff

could u plz tell me name of appropriate forum caz i didnt find any.

thanks
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=41
Skeptic

Ballu
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Ballu » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:22 am

hello Bad boy

Same is the case with me i've heard that it will chnage in 2 -3 working days but in my case this will not happened

Ballu
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Ballu » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:55 pm

AOA @ ALL

finally today my status is changed from "your application is forwared to ISB OC" to READY FOR COLLECTION after 3 weeks n tomorrow i'll go n collect my passport INSHALLAH

RiFF

Re: hi

Post by RiFF » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:38 am

Ballu wrote:AOA @ ALL

finally today my status is changed from "your application is forwared to ISB OC" to READY FOR COLLECTION after 3 weeks n tomorrow i'll go n collect my passport INSHALLAH
Good Luck
Skeptic

Ballu
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Ballu » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:04 pm

AOA

unfortunately my visa is refused on maintenance fund grounds with right to appeal

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:24 pm

people help please, i applied today (04 March 2009) morning and just checked my status at www.ukvacpk.com and it says "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on". After going through the other posts here nobody seems to know the exact refernce to this. As i saw no one with this status on the very first day.

Experts/Experienced/Successful applicants please shed some light :).

Rgds,
hhsmp

Ballu
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Ballu » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:31 pm

AOA

hhsmp would u tell me from where u applied if u applied from ISB VAC then no need to be worry ISB OC means ur application is underconsideration with the relevant person