ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

idiaz
Newly Registered

Return of documents

Post by idiaz » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi All, I am a desperate soul from Pakistan, I submitted my hubby's application for settlement visa around March'08, got a refusal dated 01-04-2008. Sent in an appeal 4th June'08, got a refusal dated 16th December.

We have been married since 2002, have two lovely kids, my sons and I have British nationalities, we applied for hubby dear's settlement and got a refusal, FINE, BUT we still to date have not rcvd any information or any of our submitted (original) documents back (those that were sent in with the appeal)
All efforts to get in touch with the BHC Islamabad or Gerrys have gone down the .....

I dont NEED the VISA but at least give us back our docs!!

Any suggestions ???

nightrider

Re: Return of documents

Post by nightrider » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:29 am

idiaz wrote:
Hi All, I am a desperate soul from Pakistan, I submitted my hubby's application for settlement visa around March'08, got a refusal dated 01-04-2008. Sent in an appeal 4th June'08, got a refusal dated 16th December.

We have been married since 2002, have two lovely kids, my sons and I have British nationalities, we applied for hubby dear's settlement and got a refusal, FINE, BUT we still to date have not rcvd any information or any of our submitted (original) documents back (those that were sent in with the appeal)
All efforts to get in touch with the BHC Islamabad or Gerrys have gone down the .....

I dont NEED the VISA but at least give us back our docs!!

Any suggestions ???
i dont understand, if you dont need the visa why do you want old wageslips and statements..

Why did they refuse your applicaton if you dont mind answering.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:04 pm

You cant get them back. All documents which the Home Office determines are needed as record for history of immigration are kept with them. so, if they were to return any documents, they would have done so.

Also, I do believe they have not kept the documents which you need in the future like marriage certificate...

So, i am equally curious like nightrider, why do you need old documents for?
Skeptic

idiaz
Newly Registered

Post by idiaz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:38 pm

I wouldnt have bothered if they had returned any of the docs, we were supposed to send them original qualification papers of my husband as they objected that we had not sent any alongwith our application (Settlement) they inckude my Husband's degrees and high school certificates and some business transaction deeds etc.

Do you ppl still think I shouldn't worry about them?

The reason behind our refusal was that we provided a bank certificate and the requirement was a bank statement (we went thru withthe appeal and the application on our own, without any consultants) but the ppl at the visa facility, who check the docs should have, I suppose, helped us in this . also we had not submitted the education docs with the visa application, as they were not listed in the required docs list we had beenprovided , (Checklist) . Again, I feel that if someone is applying independantly, they should receive help from the staff at the application submission point.

inadequate accomodation , whereas we had my uncles consent to accomodate us, and the property papers etc

they maintained that we were leading a settled life, here in Pakistan for the last 6 or so years and they failed to see why we should move to the UK, hence ....

anyways, thanks for answering my post

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:22 pm

In that case, you should make an appointment with Gerry's and talk to them upfront. They are the only people who can get you the missing documents.
Skeptic

idiaz
Newly Registered

Post by idiaz » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:53 pm

thanx Riff

I wonder though is it possible that gerrys ppl would help as we had sent in the appeal thru TCS and not Gerrys. we had sent in the appeal to Islamabad and it was not neccessary to send it thru gerrys and being stationed in Hyderabd, it was easier for us to use some other courier.

Can any1 guide how exactly should we ask gerrys? I mean the way to go about it
I am sorry to sound a N--- but have lost it! My father in law and my hubby are after me that I should get the docs back asap, they dont mean to but it seems that I have deliberately lost the docs

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Idiaz

I have read you post and am sorry that you are blamed for something that is not your fault. I think its unfair the critism you have recieved.

Any how getting back to the missing documents, I am a bit confused.

I take it when you applied first time, did you go through Gerrys Fedex?

Were the missing docs when you applied through Fedex?.If they were not then you cant hold them liable.

If on the other hand the papers were sent direct to the Embassy when you were appealing, then the embassy are liable if they have lost them.

I disagree with comments that you cant get any of your docs back from the BHC in Islamabad. You are legally entitled to any original docs that you gave as part of your applications.

It is up to the bHC to make copies of the original documents in their possesion for their own purposes and not keep original documents.

I suggest that you write to teh Entry Clearance Manager@the BHC torequest to look around for the documents at the BHC.

I think they have misplaced the documents and are giving you the run around. Remember you can only hold one liable if you have given them the docs

I understand your frustration and loss of certain documents, beacuse they are invaluable and unreplaceable.

Hope this might answer some of your queury

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:47 am

idiaz wrote:thanx Riff

I wonder though is it possible that gerrys ppl would help as we had sent in the appeal thru TCS and not Gerrys. we had sent in the appeal to Islamabad and it was not neccessary to send it thru gerrys and being stationed in Hyderabd, it was easier for us to use some other courier.

Can any1 guide how exactly should we ask gerrys? I mean the way to go about it
I am sorry to sound a N--- but have lost it! My father in law and my hubby are after me that I should get the docs back asap, they dont mean to but it seems that I have deliberately lost the docs
Find the original receipt of TCS, give them guys a visit. Thats number 1.

Call/email/write to the Entry Clearance manager at BHC Islamabad, listing the documents missing and demand return.

Hopefully you should get them back.
Skeptic

idiaz
Newly Registered

Post by idiaz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:54 pm

THanks a lot B. khan, ur post is really comforting, I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but you see I am constantly told to persue the case and with two kids and a household having a wedding in a week or so and going thru one in the family its quite hectic. especially when it comes to U R Not Taking Interest..... thing!!!
I am not actually blamed in so many words but the way I am asked to track the docs is sometimes killing as I have sent numerous mails , made so many calls to Isbd and sent emails to practically everywhere I could

Now coming to the point

We sent in the application thru gerry's, were not notified by them to collect the outcome, but thankfully on our visit to Karachi we decided to check and bingo11 but it was a refusal

WE sent in the appeal with the docs in question thru tcs, confirmed as I had confirmed the receipt of the docs with a Mr. Zul;fiqar and a lady at the Embassy Islamabad.

those docs sent in with the appeal are missing!!

As per the decision of the tribunal, the ECO , while sending his views on the case and the related docs t o the tribunal, should have sent a copy of all the Bundle to the appellant (us) too. We did NOT rcv anything of the sort

I contacted the tribunal regarding the return of our docs, theu said the Islamabad guys will return them.

I can not get thru to Islamabad, emails are unanswered, phone calls diverted to the recorded messages and gerrys ppl have not replied to the emails and the lady on the cellular link said that she could not help as she was just a customer services rep!!!!

I have the rcpt and the flier with the initials of the lady who rcvd the docs at the Embassy, I hope as per your advices we can get our docs back.

Thanks all

thanks Riff and B. Khan advices and interest appreciated

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:49 am

Just found this on another website.

I think you need to put it in writting in a chronoligical order of what , where and when you sent the docs. List all the docs that are missing.

A strong letter threatning further action if complaint is not investigated properly,might do the trick.

If you want help drafting letter.let me know

Also this makes interst reading
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... tshandling

Good luck
Complaints

UK visas aims to offer a fair and professional service to all our customers. We welcome feedback which helps us to focus on where we need to improve

If you have any comments, or are concerned about the standard of service you received, please let us know. We investigate all complaints fully and will send you a reply within 20 working days

* If you wish to complain about the service you received from UK visas at the British High Commission, please address your complaint in writing to the Deputy Director Visa Services, British High Commission, Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5, PO Box 1122, Islamabad or by fax to 0092 51 2824728.

* If you wish to complain about the service you received from Gerry's, you may submit it direct to their website, in person at a Visa Application Centre, or in writing to the Deputy Director Visa Services at British High Commission, Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5, PO Box 1122, Islamabad or by fax to 0092 51 2824728.