ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Tax details in Payslip..!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tina_Eapen

No Tax details in Payslip..!!

Post by Tina_Eapen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:23 pm

I work through an Indian Outsourcing compay for last 4+ years. Now planned to apply for ILR. But I donot have any P60 & My payslips donot show any NI/Tax deductions...

I know I have to submit Payslips with ILR application. So this payslips with out Tax part will this be a problem..?? I assume P60 is not mandatory

Also My salary slips are email print outs..will that abe a problem..??

Please let me know..

(Please PM or reply one one in similar sitn faced ILR)

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Well I hope that your company has been paying PAYE on your behalf and that you are registered with a UK tax office, otherwise you will face alsort's of problems!
They do check this type of thing.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:38 pm

They may well not accept email printouts...need to be originals. If the payslips don't show tax or NIC deductions how are your paying them? :roll:
What category of visa are you on at present?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:59 pm

Sounds mega-dodgy to me!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Spidey senses tingling Wanderer? :roll:

Tina_Eapen

Post by Tina_Eapen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:29 pm

when we asked for P60, answer from HR was company pays tax for all directly. BTW my company also reimburse my Council tax as well..As per their record what we are getting in UK is not salary just living allowance & in India we pays Tax for the salary paid there...

Sure this may not be the first time you guys hearing it..I know all outsourcers do this way only...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:35 pm

Tina_Eapen wrote:when we asked for P60, answer from HR was company pays tax for all directly. BTW my company also reimburse my Council tax as well..As per their record what we are getting in UK is not salary just living allowance & in India we pays Tax for the salary paid there...

Sure this may not be the first time you guys hearing it..I know all outsourcers do this way only...
If you are working in UK you have to pay UK tax - full stop.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:43 pm

What type of visa are you on?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:48 pm

As far as I am aware there is an agreement between UK and India that workers posted to the UK for up to 2 years pay tax in India, but this is for a maximum of 2 years. If the firm is doing it properly you should get P60s. I have seen P60s with no UK tax paid in these circumstances, but P60s were issued nonetheless.

You have to pay tax, unless you don't, but it should all be shown to HMRC in any case as far as I am aware. Not talking about non domiciled for tax purposes people here.

The OPs situation sounds very shady.

I would not be surprised if some of these employers get stung in the future.

Tina_Eapen

Post by Tina_Eapen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:36 pm

BTW my WP/Visa was not continous..it got renewed after 2 year ..every time.
Just hope some one from any of top 4 (except Infy) will explain how its done in their company now..AFAIK none of them give P60's..

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Tina_Eapen wrote:when we asked for P60, answer from HR was company pays tax for all directly. BTW my company also reimburse my Council tax as well..As per their record what we are getting in UK is not salary just living allowance & in India we pays Tax for the salary paid there...

Then call HMRC and ask them how does it work with this employer

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Tina_Eapen wrote:Just hope some one from any of top 4 (except Infy) will explain how its done in their company now..
What does this sentence mean??!!
What top 4 are you referring to, and what is 'Infy'? One of the members of this forum?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Possibly means the 4 biggest Indian firms that send the most staff to the UK. Infy - Infosys??

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Yes Infy == Infosys. The other 3 I guess are TCS, Wipro and Cognizant.

uklondonuser

Post by uklondonuser » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:53 pm

try to get your company to seal the online print outs and provide original bank statements...

Applying without seal on online prints will not be sensible..Also you will need employer letter in original letterpad..

I used to work for one of the big 4 and they dont give p60..

but when I left the company I demanded p60 and p45 as by law they are supposed to..they gave me the documents for the last 2 years..

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:59 am

For years I have seen the same posting by many people;
Some Indian companies tend to send people to the UK pay them in india their salary and provide them with housing and food in the uk. They are manipulating the system and 'dumping' services int he UK. That's why many employees of indian companies don't have p60's or p45's, they don't pay taxes....it's about time that HO does somehting about it.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:14 am

OK so if Indian companie's are doing this ie sending Indian paid works to the UK and there by not paying Tax in the UK, it's mean the poor work who yhinks that he/she are entitled after x number of years in the UK to either claim ILR or Citizenship has in fact no such right as immigration rules it is quite clear you must live legally and pay your tax in the UK.
In answering the originally question in my opion he or she have no claim what so ever for ILR.
Maybe Frontier Mole would like to commment on this.

Tina_Eapen

Post by Tina_Eapen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:19 am

Guys,

I am aware that my company might not have followed rules fully, But surely they are utiliseing some loop holes in the system..

In My case, I donot think P60 is checked for during ILR inspection, docs needed are salary slips and employer letter..

I am going to consult an Immi lawyer to see whatto do...

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 pm

Tina_Eapen wrote:Guys,

I am aware that my company might not have followed rules fully, But surely they are utiliseing some loop holes in the system..

In My case, I donot think P60 is checked for during ILR inspection, docs needed are salary slips and employer letter..

I am going to consult an Immi lawyer to see whatto do...
I believe there are arrangements where you do not have to pay UK tax for things like secondment, I am not saying secondments shouldn't pay UK tax just that there are probably other situations similar to it that don't require that to happen.
However p60's are excellent for evidence for ILR application. Salary slips for 5 years would be a bit tedious for a caseworker.
Further, even if you are here on a different arrangement, I do believe you should still get a p60 so I feel that something is not quite right with that scenario.

Tina_Eapen

Post by Tina_Eapen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:31 pm

evidence needed to support ILR form are.. (for WP holders)
- Last 3 months pay slips
- Last 3 months banks statements
- Employer letter

Hopefully I will be able to manage with out P60's as its a needed document for HSMP holders only..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:42 pm

Tina_Eapen wrote:evidence needed to support ILR form are.. (for WP holders)
- Employer letter

Hopefully I will be able to manage with out P60's as its a needed document for HSMP holders only..
Payslips showing Tax and NI deductions I'm afraid otherwise it's not a payslip.....

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:31 am

Tina_Eapen wrote:evidence needed to support ILR form are.. (for WP holders)
- Employer letter

That reasoning is faulty P60's are for WP holders too