ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Master's Degree is not equivalent to UK masters :(

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aboylearning
Newly Registered

Master's Degree is not equivalent to UK masters :(

Post by aboylearning » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi,
I was thinking of doing master's as Tier one qualification things have change :( But i was shocked to see that not a single master degree from any university of pakistan was equivalent to UK master's degree, anyone know why it is so?

I have a BS-4 years in Computer Science degree, and it was coming equivalent to UK under graduation.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: Master's Degree is not equivalent to UK masters :(

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:11 pm

Yes, most of the Masters from Pakistan are equal to Bachelor here in the UK. So technically most of the Masters from Pakistan would not be able to qualify after 1st of April, unless they complete a degree from UK or any other equally recognised university.

aboylearning wrote:Hi,
I was thinking of doing master's as Tier one qualification things have change :( But i was shocked to see that not a single master degree from any university of pakistan was equivalent to UK master's degree, anyone know why it is so?

I have a BS-4 years in Computer Science degree, and it was coming equivalent to UK under graduation.
Thinking low is crime....

aboylearning
Newly Registered

Post by aboylearning » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:14 pm

T_mahmood wrote:Yes, most of the Masters from Pakistan are equal to Bachelor here in the UK. So technically most of the Masters from Pakistan would not be able to qualify after 1st of April, unless they complete a degree from UK or any other equally recognised university.

So effectively speaking there will be no pakistani application which will be approved ? that really sucks! This is the great example of discrimination against Pakistan?

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:21 pm

yes apparently this is true, but due to poor education system and other educational flaws in Pakistan, have made this situation. Though there are some universities like IBA, NUST, LUMs etc where education level is up to the standard of any UK university. Unfortunatly, this new rule is for every one regardless of nationalities and we have to adhere it.

aboylearning wrote:
T_mahmood wrote:Yes, most of the Masters from Pakistan are equal to Bachelor here in the UK. So technically most of the Masters from Pakistan would not be able to qualify after 1st of April, unless they complete a degree from UK or any other equally recognised university.

So effectively speaking there will be no pakistani application which will be approved ? that really sucks! This is the great example of discrimination against Pakistan?
Thinking low is crime....

aboylearning
Newly Registered

Post by aboylearning » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Literaly speaking they are out of their MIND, don't know what they are thinking??
T_mahmood wrote:yes apparently this is true, but due to poor education system and other educational flaws in Pakistan, have made this situation. Though there are some universities like IBA, NUST, LUMs etc where education level is up to the standard of any UK university. Unfortunatly, this new rule is for every one regardless of nationalities and we have to adhere it.

aboylearning wrote:

:evil: :evil:

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:24 pm

UET, both Taxila and Lahore, LUMS and GIKI have equivalent degrees as per NARIC. I was a little surprised though that IBA is not included in the list.

Masters from all other universities from Pakistan are BS equivalent.
Skeptic

aboylearning
Newly Registered

Post by aboylearning » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:09 pm

No they are not! if you dont believe me, go here and check yourself.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
RiFF wrote:UET, both Taxila and Lahore, LUMS and GIKI have equivalent degrees as per NARIC. I was a little surprised though that IBA is not included in the list.

Masters from all other universities from Pakistan are BS equivalent.