ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Dependent Visa queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ramesh.siva
Newly Registered

Post by ramesh.siva » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Can anybody look in to my queries , Please ! Its urgent.

Hi Friends,

I am applying for hsmp dependent visa for my spouse and child.
I have searched all of the post still would'nt clear about the below questions. Appreciate If any one confirms the below

1. Is the separate applications for Spouse and Child ?

2. Do the bank statement shouldn't be more than 7 days ? If so Can I send the scanned copy of the same?

3. How much I need to show the funds ? I dont have to show maintenance funds as i fall under old hsmp rules. However, I plan to show GBP 4000.

Is that enough ?

4. The documents (i.e Tenancy Agreement, offer letter, payslips etc) should be in original or scanned copy will do.

Appreciate iIf anybody sends the. dependent covering letter.

Thanks
Rameseh

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi,

I have same situation, as I am on old HSMP (Jan. 2008) so I am not sure about maitainence funds.

Do I need to show them for three months or not? as it is for Tier 1.

Please let me know, if you got some information. Thanks

pavam

Post by pavam » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:50 am

Hi

I've applied as HSMP Dependent of my husband on Jan 27th' 09.

1. The first and foremost thing which isn't mentioned anywhere is a Sponsor letter. It is different from your covering letter. This was asked by VFS officer. Then we gave it in writing on a paper.

2. VAF 2 form for dependents. The same you filled for your HSMP Visa. There's a separate section for children. So, I believe you would need just 1 form for both wife and child. Still would suggest you confirm from VFS directly instead of putting query here.

3. Need Relation Proofs-

a. Marriage Certificate - asked by VFS
b. Marriage Pix - asked by VFS
c. Invitation Cards - asked by VFS
d. Spouse name on Passport ( as in my case I had but wasn't asked by VFS)
e. For your child - Birth Certificate + Passport. Your names will be on passport. For more, better contact VFS.

4. Main Applicant’s Financial Evidence

As as HSMP applicant, you dont need to show maintenance funds. But better be on safe side. For TIER 1, they ask GBP 2800 for main applicant + GBP 1600 per dependent for a period of 3 months = GBP 4400 for 2 ppl for 3 mnths. GBP 5000 should be sufficient for you 3. Or you can show any property or jewelery or shares you have.

5. Main Applicant’s Documents

a. Copy of passport ( First Page, Last Page and Visa Page)
b. Copy of HSMP approval letter

They asked for pay slips and world proof. As he's not working, we submitted last employer's experience letter and pay slips.

6. Accommodation Proof
a. Invitation letter
b. Copy of Tenancy Agreement
c. Copy of House Utility Bills
d. Copy of Council Tax

Fees:

HSMP Dependent - INR 15400
Bank Draft - INR 100
Courier Charges - INR 200

All these were asked by VFS officer. I'm also posting my cover letter and mails from VFS. Hope all this helps.

===============================================
To 23rd January, 2009

The Immigration Officer
British Deputy High Commission
Chennai – 600006
India

Subject: Applying as Dependent under HSMP Visa, Passport No – 0000000

Dear Sir / Madam,

I, Pavneet Soni, wish to apply for entry clearance to U.K under Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP) dependant to my husband, Amit Soni. He should be considered as the main applicant.

Main Applicant’s Details

Name : Amit Soni
Passport No : 00000000
Relationship : Husband
HSMP Visa Validity : 0000000
Currently staying in : India. Planning to go to U.K next month.

Following is the list of documents provided:

1. My Application

• VAF 2 Form

2. Identity Proof

• Passport

3. Relationship Evidence

• Marriage Certificate
• Spouse’s (Main Applicant) Name on Passport
• Marriage Photographs
• Marriage invitation cards both from my and my husband’s side

4. Main Applicant’s Financial Evidence

• 10 months (1st April, 2008 to 12th January, 2009) Bank Statements of Savings account, ICICI Bank Account No : 0000000000, of my husband
INR 5,11,795 = GBP 7,586 (taken from xe.com on 2009.01.22 13:07:04 UTC)
• 10 months (1st April, 2008 to 19th January, 2009) Bank Statements of Salary account, Deutsche Bank Account No: 0000000000000, of my husband. There are no funds in this account. I’m showing it’s statements as amount from this account has been transferred to the ICICI Savings Account mentioned above.
• 8 months (April, 2008 to November, 2008) salary slips of my husband. He was working with 0000000000000 Bangalore as Technical Lead.
• 3 years ITR ( 2006 to 2008) of my husband

5. Main Applicant’s Documents

• Copy of my Husband’s passport ( First Page, Last Page and Visa Page)
• Copy of HSMP approval letter

6. Accommodation Proof

• Invitation letter from my Cousin Brother, 000000000, for me and my husband (Main Applicant)
• Copy of my cousin brother’s passport ( First Page, Last Page and Visa Page)
• Copy of my cousin brother’s Tenancy Agreement
• Copy of my cousin brother’s House Utility Bills

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you

Yours Sincerely

Pavneet Soni

Reply from VFS West

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

Please note: HSMP - Dependent (Where the principal applicant has been stamped HSMP VISA before 1st April 2008 and the endorsement reads HIGHLY SKILLED MIGRANT PROGRAM) should complete VAF 2 and the visa fee is 16400. Maintenance does not apply.

The visa fee for HSMP Dependant is 15400 INR per application. All the applicants above 5 years in age need to visit the application center in person to submit their application, as they need to submit their Biometrics data (finger scan and photo).

The processing time for a HSMP Dependant visa is around 4-5 working days. However, the discretion to grant a visa lies with British High Commission and the processing time can be shorter or longer based on your application, at the discretion of British High Commission.

You can use any of the two modes of payment - Demand Draft or Cash. The details of the payment options have been attached for your reference. Credit cards and debit cards are not accepted currently. The visa fees can be paid in cash at the bank counter in the application center, for which the bank would levy a non-refundable service charge of 100 INR per application.

You can either download the application forms from our website mentioned below or avail the same at the application center.

All the best

-------------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 27-01-2009
Applied For : HSMP Dependent
VFS : Bangalore
Status : Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission
Last edited by pavam on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:58 am

Thansk for info.

what have you done for maitainence funds ?

ramesh.siva
Newly Registered

Post by ramesh.siva » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed information.

My dependents got the visas and would like to share the experience for the benefit of others in this group.

Applied on : Jan12th
Collected visas on : 29th Jan
Place: Chennai

Documents from my end:
1. Appointment letter
2. Months Payslips (3 Months)
3. Bank Statement (3 Months )

- Attested Bank statement less than 7 days sent by fedex

4. hsmp approval letter
5. Passport front , back and visa copies
6. Sponser letter
7. No objection letter for childs visit
8. Tenancy Agreement
9. Utility Bill
10. No objection letter from landlord for my family staying in that house.
11. Bank balance shown in my account GBP 3000 and 1 lakh in spouse account.
12. NI letter

Spouse documents:

1. VAF 2
2. Passport with photocopies
3. Marriage certificate
4. Marriage Photos
5. Bank Statement
6. Fixed Deposit document

Child documents:
1. VAF 2
2. Passport with photcopies
3. Birth certificate

VFS officeer comments:
The vfs officer not accepted the bank statment that was issued by halifax in the plain white sheet attested by the bank and he is convienced finally.

The vfs officer come out with the suggest that they need minimum 6 months but I still with to go with 3 months as I dont have it.

I just started my job and very few transactions in the statement , the vfs strongly suggested to not to go with this but still i have submitted.

I am very greatful to this group where I found most of the problems in the tenancy agreement thats makes me to take extra care on doing the tenancy agreement documents.

Thanks,
Ramesh

pavam

Post by pavam » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:05 pm

Hey congrats ...... I'm still awaiting mine.... so where r u working and as wht? how'z the job prospects there?

federer
Newly Registered

Ramesh.siva

Post by federer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:26 am

I am confused with the application forms, can you please let me know whether in need to fill VAF2 or VAF10.

Thanks

pavam

Post by pavam » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:11 pm

Hurray!

Got the Visa

---------------------

Applied on - 27-01-2009
VFS - Bangalore
Type - HSMP Dependent
Rcvd Passport - 06-02-2009

-----------------------------------------

U'll need VAF 2 for HSMP Dependents....

All the best :)

ravs13
Newly Registered

HSMP Dependent Visa

Post by ravs13 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:58 am

Hi Puneet,

Congrats.. I am still awaiting reply from the High Comission.

Applied On : 28-01-2009
Applied For : HSMP Dependent
VFS : Mumbai
Status : Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission

Not too sure why it is taking so long. All the documents are in order.

pavam

Post by pavam » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Hi Ravs

Don't worry. If all docs are ok and u've sufficient funds, u'll surely get it.

Cud b there's more no of applicants at Mumbai VFS. My husband's frnd's wife had applied week before mine, she got it 4 days after mine.

On an average, it takes 15 working days.

Wish u Luck 8)

kamal.gulati
Newly Registered

HSMP Dependent

Post by kamal.gulati » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:32 am

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for helping me.

I am going to get married in April and m under older HSMP visa rule (which was got stamped in Feb 2008 and valid until Feb 2010).

According to above reply's > I will have to fill VAF 2 form and with all documents.

I have a small question regarding Accommodation proof

I am staying in Studio apartment in London and my landlord can give me Tenancy agreement but that would be handwritten form.

Now, I don't have any utility bills and any counsil tax bill(because all the bills handled by landlord)

Please suggest me what should I send as a accommodation proof then.

Thanks for the help in advance. Your help will reduce my tension.

Thanks
Kamal Gulati

pavam

Post by pavam » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi

U can ask ur landlord to write an official letter stating that u r staying as
tenant at his ABC address and he's paying all the bills on ur behalf and will continue to do so. Make sure it's signed and his contact no and address is mentioned.

I did the same.....I didn't have my own rented house there but my cousin bro stays there... so he sent the accommodation invitation..... posting his invitation letter that might help u....

Else if u have any frnd there, u can ask them 2 give and invitaion 2 stay to u and ur family and u can show there rent deeds + bills....

This shud work........ Plus it's all about savings u have . we showed 7000 pounds for 2 ppl. else 4000 pounds shud b sufficient..

Wish u all the best with ur visa ........... :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invitation Letter for accommodation proof

To, 20th January 2009
The Immigration Officer,
British Deputy High Commission,
Chennai – 600006,
India.

Sub: Accommodation Invitation for ABC– Passport No !!!!!!!!!!!! and
PS – Passport No !!!!!!!!!!

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to inform you that I would like to invite Mrs. PS, my cousin-sister, and Mr. ABC, her husband.Mr. ABC already possesses a valid Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP) Visa.

After they arrive in UK, they will be staying with me until he finds a suitable job and accommodation.

I have been working and staying in UK for the last 1.5 years. I rent a 3 bedroom house at the below mentioned address. I will be accommodating them until they get a suitable job.

If you need and further details with regard to accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Truly,

S Singh K
## Roxeth Grove
Harrow
UK - HA28JG

Tel Home: +44 (0) 208 123 4567
Tel Mobile:+44 (0) 79 123 4567
Email Id: email@gmail.com

Enclosures:
1) Copy of Tenancy agreement
2) Copy of passport pages ( First, Last and UK Visa/Work Permit Page )
3) Copy of House U
tility Bil
l

kamal.gulati
Newly Registered

Proof

Post by kamal.gulati » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I will ask my landlord to produce one letter for me.

I will give the following proof:

1) Tenancy Agreement on my name.
2) Letter from Landlord (stating they don't have any problem and he is paying all the bills on my behalf)
3) One utility bills which will be on Landlord name.
4) My UK licence Photocopy

Will that be enough?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Kamal Gulati

i-golfer
Newly Registered

DEPENDENT VISA OF WORK PERMIT HOLDER

Post by i-golfer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:56 am

I am a work permit holder(5 years work permit) in UK since August 2004 with the same company. My work permit visa is going to expire in August 2009 and going to apply for Parmenant resident(indefinite leave to remain')before that.

My query is

1. I am living in UK since September 2002 and I am getting married in April 09 in India and I want my wife to come with me in UK after marriage so can my wife apply for dependent visa in April 09 as my current visa is valid till August 09 that is 4 months left from April 09 ?

OR
Is it better to apply after geting Parement Residentship ?
Awaiting your reply soon.

Thanks

pavam

Post by pavam » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:23 am

Hey Kamal

I think that should do for you...It did for me.... take other's advice but use ur own head after all it's ur money and time

Wish u all the best :)
--------------------------------------------------

Hey I Golfer

well, u shud get the visa for ur wifey.... it will b valid till urs..... U said, u've been in U.K. for last 5 yrs and applying for P.R.... Hope u know that U.K is changing rules.... to apply for P.R., they are extending it from 5 yrs stay to 10 yrs stay....

don't know from when is it applicable... it's better that u confirm it first....

All the best :)

i-golfer
Newly Registered

Post by i-golfer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks Pavam,

Do you think so 10 years of PR will come this year.....?

So Its better to put the file for my wife in April ....but only worry is 3 months of visa left....

Thanks

ilr_hopeful
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_hopeful » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:09 am

Pavneet,

Do you when the new rules will be imposed? I'm due to apply soon and I might be disadvantaged just by a few days...

Congrats on ur HSMP though... have you already arrived?

Cheers.

lata

Post by lata » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:39 pm

could anyone share the No Objection letter(from landlord) format please?

Thanks in advance,
Lata

drdh4
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by drdh4 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:08 pm

hi,
need some info on UK spouse visa....hope someone will help me out.
my fiance got his HSMP 1 year ago and his visa is valid till december 2010.
we're planning on getting married next May...and if i apply for my visa after that, would i get the right to work in UK??
we were thinking of applying for visa extension together in december 2010. so i need to find out if i would be able to work during that time period.
i would really appreciate it if someone could help us out with the details.
thanks!

wajid4u
Newly Registered

dependent visa NOC letter format

Post by wajid4u » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:03 am

hi everybody,
i am applying for my wifes dependent visa.. I need No Objection certificate format. it would be very helpful if anyone of you guys help me out in this.
Thanks

HSMPgafla

HSMP Dependent Visa - Uegent Help

Post by HSMPgafla » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi
I have query about the HSMP dependent Visa.

My initial HSMP was granted on 5th JUne 2006 (OLD rules) for 2 yeras and then i got my HSMP extenson for 3 years in August 2008.
My innitial visa stamp was UKWP Moorfoot valid for 2 years and when i extend my visa for further 3 years (under JR ) the visa stamp says Tier 1 general.
The extension approval letter clearly says that my extension application judged under the OLD HSMP rules (as i am affected by JR) and extension had been granted for 3 years.

Now my wife applied for HSMP Dependent visa and she filled VAF2 form and paid RS17,200. The VFS people checked all my documents 2 times and clarified that my wife should fill VAF2 form and pay Rs17,200 visa fee as My initial HSMP was granted before 7 november 2006 and I am affected by JR.

But after 1 week of her application she got call from British High Commission saying that she must fill Tier 1 general dependent form and pay Rs54,000 as my recent passport stamp says Tier 1 general.

i have also submitted the JR and clearly explain them why my wife's application should be assesses against OLD HSMP criteria and why she has filed VAF2.

but BHC at bombay is not convinced and they kept my wife's applcation on hold.

So can anyone let me know what should i do so that wife can get her HSMP dependent visa and not have to pay Rs54,000??

Thanks in advance
ronak

Nir
Newly Registered

Post by Nir » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:32 am

Ronak,

Hope your dependents got the visa by now.
Which application is finally accepted for your dependents VAF2 or VAF10 ?

I am in similar situation. I need to apply for a dependent visa for my spouse.
I got my visa extension based on the rules prevailing before 2006, based on High court judicial review judgement. The letter from UKBA clearly mentions it.

thanks
Nir

Laraymazal
Newly Registered

Post by Laraymazal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:14 am

This forum helped me in getting visa for my dependents :) she is coming in few days

I applied for my dependent with following docs from Pakistan.

1.My wife passport
2.My son passport
3.My passport first and visa page copies(as i am in UK for 2 yrs now)
4.Marriage and post marriage pictures
5.Marriage invitation cards from both sides
6.Family certificate from NADRA
7.National identity cards for me and my wife with English translation
8.Form B of my son with English translation
9.Birth certificate of my wife and son
10.Marriage agreement with English translation
11.Tenancy agreement
12.Utility bills of house rented
13.Survey report of the house rented
14. Sponsorship letter by me
15.Covering letter by my wife
16.My payslips of last 3 months
17.My bank statement of last 3 months
18.Bank statement of my wife's account maintained with required funds in Pakistan
19.A reference letter from my company assuring that i work with them as a permanent employee
20.My UK driving license copy
21.My UK NI card copy
22.application forms for both of them