ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO apponintment..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

teekay_tk

ILR PEO apponintment..

Post by teekay_tk » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:59 pm

Hi
I asked this question in the worng post, so sorry for double posting.
Is it important for the dependants to go to the PEO with me for my ILR (WP) application in person. I have a meeting to attend the next day in Cambridge and hope to travel straight from PEO Glasgow to Cambridge. As we live about 2 hrs drive from Glasgow it will mean a double trip for me to take wife and toddler to PEO then drop them back and then go back tp Glasgow and then on to Cambridge. I would want to avoid having to drag them along this way if it is not cumpulsory for them to attend, but I cant find any where about attendance requirements of dependants.

please help

Thanks

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:26 am

I did read in one of the posts that dependants are not required to attend the ILR appointment.

I'll post you a link to that if I find it.

Cheers.

teekay_tk

Post by teekay_tk » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:30 am

thanks

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:47 am

Sorry mate, while I still believe dependants need NOT accompany you, I can't find that post anymore. It is best to call up the PEO office and confirm.

Cheers.

teekay_tk

Post by teekay_tk » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:54 pm

called the immigration info and the call centre lady said that for this question they have been told to advise that if possible the dependants should attend. but, if not possible, e.g wife caring for baby, or some other genuine reason, then a letter from the dependant about why they cant attend and that they authorise you to answer on thier behalf etc is an option. I guess adding a line to letter that i am aviable on such and such tel/mob numbers should be helpful

I shall let you know how my experiance goes

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 am

Hi teekay_tk

Are you applying for ILR on the basis of Tier 1 or Tier 2 category ? Did you manage to get an ILR appointment at PEO ? The current form says Tier 1/tier 2 holders cannot apply in person.

Thanks in advance

teekay_tk

Post by teekay_tk » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:00 am

i applied as 5yr workpermit holder