ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes Very soon in Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vks

Post by vks » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:51 am

Singed up the petition today
Regards,
vks

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:01 am

signed up..

srihari.kothapalli
Newly Registered

Post by srihari.kothapalli » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:21 am

Guys, not sure if this adds any value.

I just spoke to a guy named Rob. He said confirmedly "There is no date fixed to implement these changes." So , I am going to make sure my maintenance funds stay floated and i will apply for early extension.

Also, he said, there is lot of roumour about if it applies to extensions or not, however, as he reads it with all his experience, it does not impact extensions !

- Srihari

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:23 am

srihari.kothapalli wrote:Guys, not sure if this adds any value.

I just spoke to a guy named Rob. He said confirmedly "There is no date fixed to implement these changes." So , I am going to make sure my maintenance funds stay floated and i will apply for early extension.

Also, he said, there is lot of roumour about if it applies to extensions or not, however, as he reads it with all his experience, it does not impact extensions !

- Srihari
Guys , my advice is just hold up till something official comes up. Changes are not declared clearly yet and not applied yet.

Pestario
Newly Registered

Post by Pestario » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:24 am

Just to add to the pile of speculation, this thread on the TNT Magazine forum might be of interest

http://tntonline.co.uk/forums/t/111467.aspx

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: STOP Retrospective Changes to Tier 1: Petition to PM

Post by nionlight » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:37 am

rkrohela wrote:Hello Friends,

The time has now come to voice our resentment direct to the Prime Minister, about the proposed retrospective changes to HSMP.

I have created an e-petition, request you all to sign it for creating pressure on the government to do justice to us.

Here is the link:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/justicefortier1/

Let us make our voice heard!!
god job rkrohela. even though i doubt if UK respects any signed petiton from immigrants like us whom they want to get rid off.. but still i sgined it.!!

rkrohela
BANNED

E-Petitions: how they work!

Post by rkrohela » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:58 am

Hello Friends,

For those of you who are wondering what will happen with this petition, it will be FORWARDED to the concerned government department for the response if more than 200 people SIGN.

Please see this extract from http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/faq

This is a good way of creating pressure, as of now we have reached 71 signatures, let us touch the 200 mark and cross it well beyond!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen to my petition once it is finished?
Once your petition has closed, usually provided there are 200 signatures or more, it will be passed to officials who work for the Prime Minister in Downing Street, or sent to the relevant Government department for a response.

Every person who signs such a petition will receive an email detailing the Government's response to the issues raised.
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

cadari
Newly Registered

Post by cadari » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:10 am

Excellent job Rohit... I added my name to the petition.

push

Re: E-Petitions: how they work!

Post by push » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:14 am

For those of you who are wondering what will happen with this petition, it will be FORWARDED to the concerned government department for the response if more than 200 people SIGN.

Please see this extract from http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/faq

This is a good way of creating pressure, as of now we have reached 71 signatures, let us touch the 200 mark and cross it well beyond!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen to my petition once it is finished?
Once your petition has closed, usually provided there are 200 signatures or more, it will be passed to officials who work for the Prime Minister in Downing Street, or sent to the relevant Government department for a response.

Every person who signs such a petition will receive an email detailing the Government's response to the issues raised.
Well Rohit in that case the petition will not be forwarded to the "concerned deptt." before next year. You have put the "deadline to sign up by" as 04 March 2010 and as per the explanation above it will be forwarded to the concerned once it has closed and has more than 200 signatures !!

May be I am reading between the lines but this is what I make of the explanation above. Can you advance the sign up by date ?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push

Re: E-Petitions: how they work!

Post by push » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:16 am

*multiple post -deleted *
Last edited by push on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push

cadari
Newly Registered

Post by cadari » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:19 am

15 people responded to the following message I posted yesterday.
Please spread the word make people sign up for the petition which Rohit has set up and let us make it work.

Please make you colleagues understand your position and make them sign on this petition. I am sure each one of us have got more than 3 friends who understand our anxieties and prayers.

Link to the petition: http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/justicefortier1/

Dear All,

People who are interested in a get together to discuss this change in immigration rules from 1st of April 2009 please email me at Tier1.changes@googlemail.com
Things to mention in the email are
Name:
Email:
Type of Visa Currently Holding: HSMP/Tier1/Tier2/Student/Working Holiday
Masters Degree: YES or NO
Mortgage: YES or NO
I am collecting these details because we can show these figures to relavent officials and ask them to change or amend the rules of immigration.

Please feel free to pass on the email Id [ Tier1.changes@googlemail.com ]to all the people who are affected by this sudden change in immigration rules from 1st of April.

Why should we wait till the bill is presented in the parliment?
If we can make our points clear with our facts and figures then things might change.

I will prepare a consolidated email at the end of the day and send out invitations to everybody who responds to my email.

I will take the initiative to find a place to accomodate the people who are interested.

Something about me:
I have been in UK since last 3 years and my HSMP visa is getting expired in the month of september. All I can do is sit and wait like most of the members in this forum because I don't have a Masters Degree and I haven't maintained my balance since last 3 months thinking that wouldn't be needed untill June. I have a Huge mortgage and a permanent job in Central London

Can we all meet before the bill is placed in the Parliment on 9th March.

If we can gather ASAP and take a decision on how to approach any MP or thr right person who can help us in the parliment or take the initial step it would be good.

Kind Regards,
Chandra

mail2z
Newly Registered

Post by mail2z » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:26 am

Pestario wrote:Just to add to the pile of speculation, this thread on the TNT Magazine forum might be of interest

http://tntonline.co.uk/forums/t/111467.aspx
Thanks for the information, very encouraging. Let us hope UKBA makes official statement to provide some relief.

Does UKBA have any problem in understanding the amount of taxes they get from HSMP/Tier 1 holders without any of the strings attached?.

Hope they do not get back at Tier1 for winning the earlier JR.

indian_uk

Post by indian_uk » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:39 am

Good Work Done !!! I too have sign the petition.

rkrohela
BANNED

Meeting of HSMP Holders: to stop changes

Post by rkrohela » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:49 am

Chandra, it was nice speaking with you. It is a very nice initiative to meet and discuss our further course of action. I would suggest you put across this in a new topic on the forum and invite people to meet.

Also, if you could update by tomorrow the place and time, I am sure many of us could meet and discuss what needs to be done.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 pm

cadari wrote:15 people responded to the following message I posted yesterday.
Please spread the word make people sign up for the petition which Rohit has set up and let us make it work.

Please make you colleagues understand your position and make them sign on this petition. I am sure each one of us have got more than 3 friends who understand our anxieties and prayers.

Link to the petition: http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/justicefortier1/

Dear All,

People who are interested in a get together to discuss this change in immigration rules from 1st of April 2009 please email me at Tier1.changes@googlemail.com
Things to mention in the email are
Name:
Email:
Type of Visa Currently Holding: HSMP/Tier1/Tier2/Student/Working Holiday
Masters Degree: YES or NO
Mortgage: YES or NO
I am collecting these details because we can show these figures to relavent officials and ask them to change or amend the rules of immigration.

Please feel free to pass on the email Id [ Tier1.changes@googlemail.com ]to all the people who are affected by this sudden change in immigration rules from 1st of April.

Why should we wait till the bill is presented in the parliment?
If we can make our points clear with our facts and figures then things might change.

I will prepare a consolidated email at the end of the day and send out invitations to everybody who responds to my email.

I will take the initiative to find a place to accomodate the people who are interested.

Something about me:
I have been in UK since last 3 years and my HSMP visa is getting expired in the month of september. All I can do is sit and wait like most of the members in this forum because I don't have a Masters Degree and I haven't maintained my balance since last 3 months thinking that wouldn't be needed untill June. I have a Huge mortgage and a permanent job in Central London

Can we all meet before the bill is placed in the Parliment on 9th March.

If we can gather ASAP and take a decision on how to approach any MP or thr right person who can help us in the parliment or take the initial step it would be good.

Kind Regards,
Chandra
Very nice initiative Chandra.

I live up North in Leeds. Anyway I couldbe of help?! Please feel free to PM me and let me know. :)

V

rkrohela
BANNED

WRITE TO MP: KEITH VAZ

Post by rkrohela » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Hello Friends,

Keith Vaz is an MP of Asian/Indian origin in the British Parliament who has been very vocal in his support for the rights of the migrants. I have interacted with him and he is sympathetic to us. I would request all of you to write emails out to him explaining our difficulties, and request him to bring this issue for discussion to the Parliament, and also apply pressure to BIA for not doing retrospective changes.

PLEASE HIGHLIGHT THE RETROSPECTIVE PART.

You can mail him at:

vazk@parliament.uk

mail2z
Newly Registered

Re: WRITE TO MP: KEITH VAZ

Post by mail2z » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Keith Vaz is an MP of Asian/Indian origin in the British Parliament who has been very vocal in his support for the rights of the migrants. I have interacted with him and he is sympathetic to us. I would request all of you to write emails out to him explaining our difficulties, and request him to bring this issue for discussion to the Parliament, and also apply pressure to BIA for not doing retrospective changes.

You can mail him at:

vazk@parliament.uk
Thanks for the information I will send a mail to him.

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:25 pm

isnt it better to send him a copy of this online petition(if possible) rather then sending hundreds of individual mails with more or less same content to him ?

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: WRITE TO MP: KEITH VAZ

Post by nionlight » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:54 pm

You can mail him at:

vazk@parliament.uk
please correct the date in the petition. its set to 2010 it mans it will not go to PM. please do it asap so that it gets to PM after today.

rkrohela
BANNED

Petition to PM

Post by rkrohela » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:39 pm

I can end the petition anytime. If it exceeds 200 signatures, it will reach PM. As soon as it does, maybe I will close and forward to PM.

jd
Member of Standing

Re: Petition to PM

Post by jd » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:24 pm

rkrohela wrote:I can end the petition anytime. If it exceeds 200 signatures, it will reach PM. As soon as it does, maybe I will close and forward to PM.
we are not very far from the mark... encourage people to sign

Thanks - JD

arunkumarprs

Re: Petition to PM

Post by arunkumarprs » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:53 pm

jd wrote:
rkrohela wrote:I can end the petition anytime. If it exceeds 200 signatures, it will reach PM. As soon as it does, maybe I will close and forward to PM.
we are not very far from the mark... encourage people to sign

Thanks - JD
I have just signed in...the count is 191.... Just 9 to go...
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

debz

Post by debz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:07 pm

hey Rohit, it crossed 202.. now what?

push

Post by push » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:28 pm

debz wrote:hey Rohit, it crossed 202.. now what?
Dont close it yet. Wait for a couple of days to see if the number swells. 200 is the minimum requirement but not sufficient in itself.
regards,
push

mail2z
Newly Registered

Post by mail2z » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:34 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
debz wrote:hey Rohit, it crossed 202.. now what?
Dont close it yet. Wait for a couple of days to see if the number swells. 200 is the minimum requirement but not sufficient in itself.
We need to make it known that this proposal from the HO is not pleasant before it comes up in the parliamet on 09th of March which is Monday.