ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue with bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

varghesejim
India

Issue with bank statements

Post by varghesejim » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:53 am

I have a situation here regarding the (standard chartered)bank statements which is explained below

Earnings:
They give the 15 months statements not in original bank stationary but in plain paper printouts.They sealed the printouts, but when I asked for the signature the bank clerk hesitantly put a symbol on the printouts which looks like a triangle.I feel like looking at the signature anyone can doubt about the authenticity.Can someone please clarify.

Maintanence:

They say they dont have a letter format which can say I maintained the amount in the account.All they can do is a letter which say on a particular day the amount was XX.I tried my level best convincing them, at last they told they will ask their legal team if they can give the letter and revert back to me in 2 days.

All the time they are saying the BHC has an account with them, so I wont face any problem.How can I take this to consideration, whatever is asked for as documentaion-it is my responsibility to put that.
I have an advise to the people, if you are planning to put money in an account for maintanence-go to the bank and speak to them first about the requirement.Dont ever take it for granted that the bank people will give the perfect documentation for you.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Issue with bank statements

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi,

You should be providing statetment on the original stationary. Printouts on dot-matrix printer's page will not help. I had the same issue with ICICI bank,had to fight a lot with them. Last option could be threatening to leave the bank (which I did) and it worked; but not always recommended.

varghesejim wrote:I have a situation here regarding the (standard chartered)bank statements which is explained below

Earnings:
They give the 15 months statements not in original bank stationary but in plain paper printouts.They sealed the printouts, but when I asked for the signature the bank clerk hesitantly put a symbol on the printouts which looks like a triangle.I feel like looking at the signature anyone can doubt about the authenticity.Can someone please clarify.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:49 pm

Thanks chetanojha

I am going again to the bank tomorrow and will try my level best to convince them.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

hi

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:05 pm

I believe the triangle symbol is used by Lloyds Bank. If that is the case, you just need to go to the another branch of the same bank. I have faced the same scenario once, and i have been told the same story, i simply tried my luck in another branch and they did it for me.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:01 am

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you!Your suggestion worked.I went to another branch of standard chartered and got the letter.
However, for the past earnings , they refused give a letter from the bank.The printouts are in plain paper, not bank stationary. They told me that thay handled many cases for UK visas and provided this statements(stamped and signed) and none was rejected.They told the HomeOffice have an account with them , so I wont face any problem.

What do you guys think?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:25 pm

I would not take that risk. What if the bank person's assumptions that you won't face any problem because Home Office has an account with the bank(which implies HO is well aware of the codes & procedure of the bank) is incorrect?

Have a second/third/forth opinion before risking your application on assumptions.
varghesejim wrote:Hi Jimmy,
They told me that thay handled many cases for UK visas and provided this statements(stamped and signed) and none was rejected.They told the HomeOffice have an account with them , so I wont face any problem.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:26 am

HI,

Great it worked for you, but i doubted why they were not giving on original letter head. Try to convince them by saying, you have seen lot of cases rejected on this basis. Talk to their manager that it is really hard to to stake your future just on that they have "Home office" account.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:47 pm

jimmymcad wrote:HI,

Great it worked for you, but i doubted why they were not giving on original letter head. Try to convince them by saying, you have seen lot of cases rejected on this basis. Talk to their manager that it is really hard to to stake your future just on that they have "Home office" account.
Also, you could try formalising your request in writing, which often has better results!

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi jimmymcad and drjabberwocky23,

Thanks guys for the input, the bank people are really stubborn on this, However I managed to get a letter from the bank.They give the letter(in bank stationary) to state that there are some information which got cut off from the statement because of a technical limitation. This letter would suffice as an authentication even though it is not explicitly stating so.