ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances of Refusals aplying Tier1 aftr staying 6 mnths in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chandeshwar
Newly Registered

Chances of Refusals aplying Tier1 aftr staying 6 mnths in UK

Post by chandeshwar » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:52 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier1 Visa before 31-March-2009 because of new policy getting applicable.

In my case I am in UK on WP since last 9 months and getting daily allowance without any proofs; however I get salary in India.

Can I apply on Indian PS/Bank Statement grounds; as I have seen rejections applying from UK after 6 months.. Is that true... Is it worth taking risk as I have collected all docs and can submit by next week...

Thanks in Advance
Chandra

suds19

Re: Chances of Refusals aplying Tier1 aftr staying 6 mnths i

Post by suds19 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:26 am

chandeshwar wrote: as I have seen rejections applying from UK after 6 months.. Is that true...
I think you are the better person here to tell whether it's true or not as you have mentioned you have seen rejections.
Can you describe the circumstances of such rejection cases and what notes/reason caseworker provided in such cases?

I can only think one reason - it would be difficult for caseworker to verify the evidences which are from India. But then they used to do so when Tier-1 was HSMP.

chandeshwar
Newly Registered

Post by chandeshwar » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Well I found 2 cases from tackitt and below are the links.

www.spammer.com/discuss/hsmpi/24842045/
www.spammer.com/discuss/hsmpi/8992617/

Both cases were rejected because person was in UK for more than 6 months.

I am not going to provide any evidence that I am in UK for more than 6 months, but my passport have all details of my entry in UK. I feel it purely depends on caseworker to find.

I just want to know ratio of rejections in such cases. so if you have seen any such case please reply.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:27 pm

I assume you plan to use the uplift factor to your Indian income to garner the requisite points which in fact you can't be using since you've been here for more than 6 months. It's a sure rejection if you tread on this route.

chandeshwar
Newly Registered

Post by chandeshwar » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:25 am

Yes, I see here a major chance of rejection but not all similar cases gets rejected. I have few friends who have received Tier1 Approval.

My colleague in similar position presented his case to a agent who informed that there will not be any rejections. I dont understand on what basis this rejection happens.

Is there any written content from HO which mentions about uplift factor if in UK for more than 6 months??

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:23 am

hi chandeshwar... ...i am confused with your post here........do u mean to say people who are in UK for more than past 6 months cannot use uplift ratio for their Indian Earnings?
OR
you mean if u are in UK for past 6 months and aplying ONLY on the basis of your Indian earnings you should not use uplit ratio???

please clarify Guys .....this is serious concern as the UKBA website doesnot mentions any such thing as per my knowledge.

please reply
:-)