ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IMPORTANT !!! Tier 1 (G) Applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

teeina
Newly Registered

Post by teeina » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:47 am

4.9 will be "The number from the range band you get from SELF Assessment Tool @ UKBA (also visible in 4.9) e.g., 32100 GBP (Range with 35 points)"

Regards T.

hhsmp wrote:Thanks T,

but what would the answer to 4.9 then?

leave that blank?

Rgds,
hhsmp

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Guys,

Not a good news. Rules for Tier-1 are changing from 1st April 2009. Masters Degree will be a Must and GBP20000 salary also.

From april'09, UK Government is making a compulsory requirement of a Master degree for Tier-1 highly skilled visa application.
Anyone with a BS degree and planning for Tier-1 (HSMP) should apply soon as possible. Latest by end of March.

". . . highly skilled migrants seeking entry to the United Kingdom are judged, by raising the qualifications and salary required for tier 1 of the PBS to a Master's degree and a minimum salary of £20,000."

Please go through the link below:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... oughertest

And please try to apply maximum by the end of March 2009.

Best of luck to all.

Rgds,
hhsmp

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:15 am

@metalstorms

Hello dear,

Yes, its always good keep urself updated about the market (job),before planning to go to that place. I am trying to keep myself and others updated, and for that I have created another thread with title "SUCCESSFULL Candidates from PK......." although this is a new thread and not much there, but I am hoping it to be filled with advises soon InshaAllah. Try to keep posting there and get benefited.

@ALL

GOOD LUCK for everyone. hhsmp, yeah, u right, its not a good news that there will be more strict rules to be implemented soon.

GOOD LUCK everyone...

Stay in touch...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

shah175

Thanks every one

Post by shah175 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi All

Finally I got mine and my family TIER 1 Visa stamped for three years. I m really thankful to all the people on forum who helped me right from the beginning to the visa stamped. but guys once i have acheived this m bit confused from what people are talking abt recession in UK these days. I have good profile job here in pharma industry and just doing some survey and working on viability and feasibility for living in UK. u guys please give ur input, info and openion regarding the same.

Thanks

Shahid

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:44 pm

people help please, i applied today (04 March 2009) morning and just checked my status at www.ukvacpk.com and it says "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on".

This status on the very first day, should tell me any thing to expect early?

Experts/Experienced/Successful applicants please shed some light .

Rgds,
hhsmp

RiFF

Re: Thanks every one

Post by RiFF » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:50 am

shah175 wrote:Hi All

Finally I got mine and my family TIER 1 Visa stamped for three years. I m really thankful to all the people on forum who helped me right from the beginning to the visa stamped. but guys once i have acheived this m bit confused from what people are talking abt recession in UK these days. I have good profile job here in pharma industry and just doing some survey and working on viability and feasibility for living in UK. u guys please give ur input, info and openion regarding the same.

Thanks

Shahid
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=5

This will certainly help.
Skeptic

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:27 am

@Shahid
Hello sir!
Congrats to you for your visa. You are getting right news though, job market is not really good these days in UK, but as far as I conclude from different opinions and suggestions, one should not under estimate oneself and up-right to face challenge of getting job there after this visa. But, in your case, as your job is so much stable here in pk, its a bit tricky to decide also, even more courageous as well. Hope and wish a GOOD LUCK for you...

@hhsmp
Sir, there's nothing to worry and to evaluate ur application processing on the status u getting, I must say that this status is too early in ur case, as it is so for many others too. I think, this is coz. ur application gonna go to ABDH for processing but no clue that, how long will it take. Just hoping and wishing the best of luck to you dear...

@ALL
Hello everyone! Friends, where are u ???c'mon, whether u got visa, or waiting, or planning either, keep updating others and stay in touch plzz.. Update from myside is, I got my visa on 6th Feb and planning my journey in second week of April. I hope and PRAY that it will work for me and all others, who are planning to go there soon.

Stay in touch u all and keep posting here...

Remember me in your PRAYERS..

GOOD LUCK to everyone including me..

Best Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:54 pm

i applied on 25th feb from karachi. I have lost my receipt so cant track my passport online. There has been no verification done from employer yet. I think , they might call employers this week. I will check my status from VAC by cell fone

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:55 pm

i applied on 25th feb from karachi. I have lost my receipt so cant track my passport online. There has been no verification done from employer yet. I think , they might call employers this week. I will check my status from VAC by cell fone

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:52 pm

hello ppl,

I applied on 04th Mar 2009 (Wednesday) from Lahore.
The status of application on UKVAC since the day i submitted my documents is: "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on..."

How will i know regarding the acknowledgement ? the payment processed ? and verification etc?

Please guide..

Rgds,
hhsmp

neo2550
Newly Registered

Ruined by VAC

Post by neo2550 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi All, it is my ist post here, i was applying for Tier 1 general on 10th March 2009 for which i had to take appointment from VAC islamabad but the guy on phone gave me 14th April which means i will come under new rules and will loose 30 points as i am Mcom which is equal to Bachelors in uk already i have scored 115 points in total, i emailed them to give me appointment before 31st march but they are not replying, what shall i do in this case as i have spent 80,000Rs already paid to a consultant but in the end i am a looser because of VAC is there any way out???? plz help i am really messed up.

Laraib

Post by Laraib » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:41 am

@neo2550
If you are applying from islamabad i have heard, not sure, that the people sitting outside the VAC calling themselvies as agents are taking money for taking appointments from VAC try it may be it is true. Go their may be you find some way instead of talking on phone.Wish you best of luck and i will pray for you.

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:19 am

@neo...
Really sad to hear that from you dear. Why are they giving appointment for April right now, its too far :s I won't give you the advise of taking appointment as Laraib gave, as I don't know much abt this, but you should call the agent and ask him that if there is any possibility to adjust apointment before 31, I want to apply early, coz of so and so reason, give any solid one ;) it will work InshaAllah. Also, if u earned 115 points, then u even don't need to worry as it will be 85 even in April if 30 points less, and one need 75 points to qualify, so why are u worried abt that??? One more thing I like to ask you, may I know that who told you to pay 80,000 before even filing your case to VAC. c'mon, dear, u are an educated person, you shud not have done this blunder, but only if you are a billionare, sorry to say, spending this much before applying is stupidity to me...

GOOD LUCK to you anyways...

@ALL

How are you all doing??? Any updates from recently successful candidates???

Best Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

neo2550
Newly Registered

Post by neo2550 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:12 am

Dear thanks for reply i have asked that call center guy but he refused and said that this is the only available date plus if i cancel it then i wont get another appointment and if i do get it will be in may09 as the appointment is already booked for me in BHC when one get an appointment from VAC, it is also booked in BHC which i think is untrue,i have emailed them and one man said that may be i get another date lets see if he could help i have given him my Passport number and he said that he will request to give me earlier date, as for as 115 points are concerned they are in total i mean with english and maintainence with out them i am scoring 95 points, the 80,000 were paid to UK OISC consultant with whom i was in contact by emails to prepare and guide me in my case.
Just pray for me to get another earlier date.

teeina
Newly Registered

Post by teeina » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:22 am

hi Ppl... i submitted on the march 12th.

status says .. submitted to islamabad on...
lets pray we all get through it :)

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:35 am

Great!

So, atlast now i have someone with status "Forwared to Islamabad OC on.." and apply date in March.

Mine is 4th March 2009.

Best of Luck teeina, i pray everyone who has applied gets it before the rule change :).

Which VAC by the way?

Rgds,
hhsmp

teeina
Newly Registered

Post by teeina » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:53 am

hhsmp wrote:Great!

So, atlast now i have someone with status "Forwared to Islamabad OC on.." and apply date in March.

Mine is 4th March 2009.

Best of Luck teeina, i pray everyone who has applied gets it before the rule change :).

Which VAC by the way?

Rgds,
hhsmp
mine was submitted at KHI to be exact.. march 12, 11:55.... the status is still same... and i think it will be the same untill the processing is done :) after all we are talking about Pakistani service Standardsss .. :~s

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:06 am

yeap. Anyway best of luck to all. As the new rule-scheme is not the easy or the afforadable one :).

A guy wrote this in one of the discussion:

People so I found out a couple of things.
1) Only non-settlement applications from Lahore and Karachi are sent to Abu Dhabi. Well they are scanned and decision is made in ABu Dhabi.
2) All other decisions are either made in Islamabad or UK Border Agency and all stamps are put on the passports in Islamabad.

So there is no point calling UK embassy in Abu Dhabi.

The best place to call would be Islamabad Gerry's to get an update and even better would be if someone could go down there 3 weeks after application.

Read and do-it if someone thinks this as helpful.

Rgds,
hhsmp

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:52 am

@ALL

Hello everybody..Hope u all doing fine there...Whats up? Update from my side is that, I am going to UK in second week of April on Tier1 General visa. Although, I am getting horrible news and facts from the job market there in uk but still I beleive that, persistant strive, calm and composed approach towards your goal and to keep positive hopes will definately work and InshaAllah will cater me a job soon.

Just need prayers from you all... I am disappointed to see that most of the members just flew from here (discussion), after getting their visas :( c'mon, stay in touch and keep updating...

GOOD LUCK to everyone...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:37 pm

and i have it atlast.

Applied: 04 March 2009.
Stamped: 12 March 2009 - 12 March 2012
Collected: 19 March 2009.

Verification: No verification done from employer & bank.

Thankyou everyone everyone.

Best of Luck for KM's case, teina, zeeshan, ejaz and all others who were in touch.

I hope and pray as i said before, 1st April will bring strict rules for Pakistanis, so guys do it before April.

I will come back now with prayers and job queries. And Zeeshan boy dun worry your telecom brother is here. :) ALLAH will help us both as my fellow telecom collegues are already there. :)

Regards,
-hhsmp

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:54 pm

hhsmp wrote:and i have it atlast.

Applied: 04 March 2009.
Stamped: 12 March 2009 - 12 March 2012
Collected: 19 March 2009.

Verification: No verification done from employer & bank.

Thankyou everyone everyone.

Regards,
-hhsmp
Congratulations
Skeptic

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:07 pm

@RiFF

Thanks brother.

Really appreciate your help here for the forum members. :)

Rgds,
-hhsmp

neo2550
Newly Registered

Post by neo2550 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:40 am

Hi guys ......i have at last after big big struggle got an appointment at VAC islamabad and goin to file my application on 26th march, lets pray for me and may Allah allot you visa too.
i will keep you update of my case,

hhsmp

Post by hhsmp » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:50 pm

@neo

best of luck brother.

Rgds,
-hhsmp

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi Gurus,

My fri from Pakistan like to apply for TIER1/HSMP

1 - Which form he have to fill for tier 1/hsmp from Pakistan

Web link/ form ?

2- M.A in physiology current point 30 any one can tell what points gona be after

31march………..

B4 31 March it used to be

MA from Pak = UK BA = 30 b4 30 march

MA from Pak = UK B.A = Point ?? after 31 march

2- his current monthly salary is

54000rs x 12 months = 648000rs Per year

How many point he can claim from earning ??
Tier 1 (G) to ILR