ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is convocation(Degree) certificate must to apply for visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sandeep77
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep77 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Dear Friends,

To apply for the UK Tier1 visa I was maintaining the Funds (FD of 2.5 lacs) in my account since Dec/2009 after getting as positive for the evaluation done by one of the leading consultancies for HSMP process. But now I have come to know that the rules for the UK Tier1 is going to change by April & as per the new rules I may not qualify. So I want to apply for it before April. But my problem is that I have still not taken the Convocation Certificate of my degree from the university. Now even though I apply for the convocation certificate by tatkal scheme I may not get it before April. Other that this all my documents are ready. So pls advice is any way I can apply for the visa? (With all the marks cards) or is there any way? Pls advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreesh.

vnvijay

Re: Is convocation(Degree) certificate must to apply for vis

Post by vnvijay » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Convocation & 3 year marks card is required.
sandeep77 wrote:Dear Friends,

To apply for the UK Tier1 visa I was maintaining the Funds (FD of 2.5 lacs) in my account since Dec/2009 after getting as positive for the evaluation done by one of the leading consultancies for HSMP process. But now I have come to know that the rules for the UK Tier1 is going to change by April & as per the new rules I may not qualify. So I want to apply for it before April. But my problem is that I have still not taken the Convocation Certificate of my degree from the university. Now even though I apply for the convocation certificate by tatkal scheme I may not get it before April. Other that this all my documents are ready. So pls advice is any way I can apply for the visa? (With all the marks cards) or is there any way? Pls advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreesh.

push

Post by push » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Not necessary. See point 74 onwards in the guidance note (some portion qouted below):
74. always be provided unless the applicant is awaiting graduation having successfully completed their degree or the applicant no longer has the certificate and the institution who issued the certificate is unable to produce a replacement. In which case he/she should send:

An original academic reference from ii) the institution that is awarding the degree together with an original academic transcript.

75. If the applicant is awaiting graduation but has successfully completed his/her degree or no longer has the certificate and the awarding institution is unable to issue a replacement, he/she should send an original academic reference from the institution that is awarding the degree together with an original academic transcript.

76.The academic reference from the institution awarding the degree must be on the official headed paper of the institution and clearly show the:
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sandeep77
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep77 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:49 am

Thank you push_hsmp for your prompt clarification, but one more thing I want to know - I have completed my degree in 2001 itself but had not taken my convocation certificate. So is it ok in my case that I get a approval on the official letterhead of my university confirming my degree & that it will be awarded/ issued soon i.e. in the forthcomming convocation? Pls help.

Thanks & Regards.

suds19

Post by suds19 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:20 pm

sandeep77 wrote:I have completed my degree in 2001 itself but had not taken my convocation certificate.
It might sound fishy to the case worker for the long delay. I assume convocation for your batch would be over long back. I'm not sure what is the procedure in your particular university, but usually you can pay a fee and get your degree certificate if you have not attended convocation.

suds19

Post by suds19 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:22 pm

sandeep77 wrote:...I was maintaining the Funds (FD of 2.5 lacs)...
I'm not sure, but case workers don't consider FDs. Please check all previous posts related to FDs and whether they were successful.

See guidance notes -
200. Evidence must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period are not acceptable.

sandeep77
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep77 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi,

Its true that I had comleted my graduation in 2001 fom bangalore university but had not taken my convocation certi, I agree it was quite a carelessness on my part but in fact in all the organizations I have worked so far I have submitted only the markscards & they have not asked for the convocation certi. till now I had been pulling off like that only. But now what to do is there any way I can get the evedience from the university in the form of the original academic reference in the letterhead of the university and successfully apply for the HSMP? - as stated in the rule 75 of the guidence notes & pointed out by push-hsmp?

Pls confirm friends!

Thanks & Regards.

push

Post by push » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:50 pm

sandeep77 wrote:Hi,

Its true that I had comleted my graduation in 2001 fom bangalore university but had not taken my convocation certi, I agree it was quite a carelessness on my part but in fact in all the organizations I have worked so far I have submitted only the markscards & they have not asked for the convocation certi. till now I had been pulling off like that only. But now what to do is there any way I can get the evedience from the university in the form of the original academic reference in the letterhead of the university and successfully apply for the HSMP? - as stated in the rule 75 of the guidence notes & pointed out by push-hsmp?

Pls confirm friends!

Thanks & Regards.
The clauses quoted by me covered situations in which the applicant is awaiting graduation (which clearly is not applicable to you) or applicant no longer has the certificate and the institution can not re-issue the same (this also does not apply to you as you were never issued one/or collected one). My advice to you is - go and camp in your University and the dealing officer will tell you a way out. Most of the universities have a provision for issuing degrees on an urgent basis in consideration for a higher fee payment. try that. there has to be a solution - meet the dean/ the registrar/student facilitation cell etc....
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer