ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Avoid UK, Its becoming useless to come to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:38 pm

I want to scream all the time, "We don't claim your bloody benefits!" but honestly I'm exhausted.
Mate! I do not blame you at all!
I am simply biding my time here, building up my CV and going home to make my country better for the next generation coming after me, so they will have no need to leave their home country to achieve a better education. This is what immigrants should be thinking about, rather than finding another country that could spit you out at any time. What of your country?
Good point and every immigrant should at least allow that thought cross their minds ones in a while! :lol:
Praise The Lord!!!!

habibi
Newly Registered

Post by habibi » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:05 am

Jeff Albright wrote:I absolutely agree with Kpax.
The UK cannot be compared to Australia in any way. I had lived in the UK for 9 years and every year the quality of living had been deteriorating and everything around was getting worse. Now that the UK is in recession (something that was expected) we are happy that we had left.
I can remember the best time in the UK was around 1997 - 2000 when there were so many jobs around, the pay was comparable with the cost of living and housing. Then everything just went downhill...
I would say the USA is probably worse than the UK in many ways.
you are absolutely wrong about usa being worse than uk. according to what you have said, usa is the best. the amount of money that a profesional makes in the usa is higher than uk, and australia, while prices for houses, clothes, cars, are lower in usa than australia, and uk. if you are making $100 in usa, you are spending $50. in australia, youd be making $80, and spending $70 of it. australia is also a giant country with only 20 million people, so therefore not much is going on there. it is also far away from everything. i have lived in all these places, and i know exactly what australia is like. things close early, not many services are available, and not many jobs. usa, on the other hand had every available service you can think of. also, many shops that were open til 22hrs in usa, were closed at 18hrs in australia. i also noticed many places were closed on sunday in australia that wouldnt have been closed in usa. if give a choice, most immigrants would choose usa over australia.

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:24 am

Jeff's points about Australia may be true after all.
See here:
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2009-03- ... ealand.htm
I do question the bases for their conclusions, however.
E.g. their comparison of car prices:
Cost of a Ford Focus:

£9,338 in Australia
£9,401 in New Zealand
£12,866 in the UK
But how about the relative purchasing power across these countries? Costs should be compared against what you earn, right?

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:53 pm

global gypsy wrote:Jeff's points about Australia may be true after all.
See here:
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2009-03- ... ealand.htm
I do question the bases for their conclusions, however.
E.g. their comparison of car prices:
Cost of a Ford Focus:

£9,338 in Australia
£9,401 in New Zealand
£12,866 in the UK
But how about the relative purchasing power across these countries? Costs should be compared against what you earn, right?
You're quite right.

I often find it frustrating when people make the comparison of cheap countries products but neglect to mention that you'll be earning no where near what you would be in the higher charging country. eg:

Earn £24k pa in the UK you live ok.

Earn £24K in india, you own a 5 bedroom house and drink wine over water.

Extreme example granted, but the point is statistics can say anything you want them to.

78% of statistics are made aup anyway :wink:

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:58 pm

global gypsy wrote:Cost of a Ford Focus:
£9,338 in Australia
£9,401 in New Zealand
£12,866 in the UK
Not sure where you got this mate, unless this is only for Ford Focus and the new one. Cars are actually more expensive in Australia, to tell the truth, specifically the second hand ones, they depreciate very slowly because of good dry climate, no salt on the roads, etc. You can find 20 year old cars in perfect condition. But you may be right about the new ones, which are cheaper for some makes. I have never had an intention of buying a new car so I do not know.
Correct. The buying power in Australia is better but again depends what range of products you are referring to. Certainly, property is of a lot better value. It is very cheap to eat out but it is more expensive than in the UK to do grocery shopping at the supermarket. In fact, you can eat out all the time and not to bother doing any shopping. It works about the same or maybe even cheaper (saves you your precious time for shopping and cooking at home).
Utilities are a lot cheaper, pertol is A$1.10 per litre, which is about 40p. But other things, like Spam white goods, for example are a lot more expensive than in the UK. Say, you can buy a top class washer dryer in the UK for under £300. Here it is minimum A$1100 (almost twice as expensive as in the UK) and the range is very limited (I am only aware of Electrolux, such brands like Hotpoint, Indesit are not known here)
In general, salaries are slightly smaller but engineering salaries are much higher than those in the UK. An engineer earns here about A$120000, which is £56460. In the UK an engineer earns something like £35000 I think...

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:55 pm

These are couple of related articles:
http://www.nubricks.com/archives/1836/e ... own-under/
http://www.nubricks.com/archives/851/wh ... australia/

The study referred to must have adjusted for purchasing power...
Their conclusion seems to be that cost of living is much less Down Under.

Fairtrade

Post by Fairtrade » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:09 pm

I agree there are far better places in the world to immigrate to than the Uk.

If you consider the amount of taxes you pay here in the UK compared to other desirable destination like Canada, Australia, New Zealand even Dubai and others the Uk certainly take alot more of your hard earn cash.

If you take into account the house prices in the Uk compared to other countries the Uk certainly give you far less for more money.

Thirdly the Uk is becoming very negative towards immigrants, (yes sure you get this in any country) but I just feel the Uk a bit more than for example Dubai, Australia, Canada etc.

Hernancortes

Post by Hernancortes » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:03 am

I wonder how many migrants have left the UK because of the recession, tightening of immigration rules and the shit weather?
I think the UK is finished as a major economy. There are so many other destinations in Asia pacific, and even Africa that i'd rather live in e.g. China, UAE, South Africa, Australia, Hong Kong, Botswana.
Its a downward spiral for the Anglo Saxon days of dominance and influence.
It is very hard for the Brits to accept that when this crisis is over, other countries will rise as the UK slips further down economically.

Im glad i got out while i could. If you have the opportunity to earn a relatively decent wage that can sustain an ok life, get out of the UK before the crisis - especially in the financial sector- gets much worse.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:49 pm

RippedOff
Newly Registered

Post by RippedOff » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:22 am

Can someone explain this to me?
I pay income tax
I pay council tax
I pay bills for various amenities
I pay for public transportation
I have never used the NHS(I have had dental work done once which I payed for)
Paid good money for my UK degree
All the money is plowed back into the UK economy as I never send money back home
Claim no benefits

So. why is the UK government levying a new migrant tax of up to £50 on me? And people like me? How exactly do we impact local services? Why are immigrants like me being made scapegoats for EU migrants and asylum seekers? I agree with the OP, please avoid the UK.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:55 pm

at the end of day all money collected pr earned in UK

IF some one have choice he / she will go greener side not will come here

but this is life ,

yes some non justifiable political decisions are there which need to be addressed but they are every where in world

Whethe India ( cast posts ) Pak - fight, other descri etc

so whatever suites to individual is good

when Uk WAS GROWING i was not making mmoney , in recession i am earing VERY good at this rate my pratice will grow , in two years i can save very good money
so all yr luck

regards

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:22 pm

ONLY tax payment issue is not final

whole economy need manpower , to deiver a contract if 10 are needed and we have 7 than work will go somewhere else so all factors are required

who votes these sick politician , local people than why u blame others , right policies will be there if right people are at helm

skill migrants are rquired every where other wise your shop will close

non skilled burden , mother at age of 12 or 14 are real issue which huritng system

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:56 pm

Oops !!!

Oh dear, did I call you sheat?

So sorry - must have been a freudian slip. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, the drama...!

Wright
Newly Registered

Re: Yeah right

Post by Wright » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:02 am

The leader of western world today is son of an African. Outstanding talent is very much sought after everywhere in the world. The world has moved on if you have what it takes and you are the best in your field you gonna get the gig it doesn't matter where you come from.
Last edited by Wright on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:04 am

i could stay here for hours, trying to educate you on issues like this but that not my job its a shame the british education system missed you out.

we will leave BUT not until we build nice villas with pools and invest in our future in our third world country.

as for you you will grow old here get dumped in a nursing home were you will stir your pooh and pee and eat it bcos all immigrant wud have gone home and there wud be no one to look after you. as for white not marrying blacks again your illitracy comes to play all the mixed race you see how do you think they got here.

i wont be surprise if you think they are just tanned

GET SOME EDUCATION !!!!! it will help with your narrow mindedness
hi

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:53 am

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:51 am

thanks for rewmoving teash or he or she say their name was , he or she is a trouble maker
hi