ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Former Resident

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rogerio

Former Resident

Post by Rogerio » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:51 pm

After applying to emigrate to Australia, I was granted Permanent Residency via the Independent Category.

I never actually *lived* in Australia, and my residency expired in April 03.

Is there any way that I can regain my residency without having to apply to immigrate again?

Thanks

Rogerio

Vivian
Newly Registered

'Former Resident'

Post by Vivian » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:34 am

Hi Rogerio

If you failed to validate your visa ie. you did not come by the initial entry date stamped on your Aus. visa, then you cannot be classified as a 'former resident of Australia'.

You missed what most people would call a once in a lifetime opportunity.
If such is the case, the only alternative is to lodge another visa application. Bear in mind that the current pass mark is now 120 pts. for a skilled-independent visa. Depending on your qualifications, you maybe able to apply with a lower points score.

Regards

Vivian

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:33 am

Hi Vivia,

thank you - I did validate the visa - in fact, I went to Australia twice in 2 short visits, the first one for the validation.

But I decided to remain in the UK for personal reasons and ended up missing the 5 year slot.

I was just wondering if there have been any updates in the law regarding ex-residents wanting to regain their status.

I believe that, even with the new pass mark, I would be able to be approved - and I have all the documentation ready to submit again.

Thanks for your reply.

Rogerio

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:15 am

Any idea anyone?

Thanks

Rogerio.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:07 pm

Hello all,

just wondering if anyone has any further contribution to this thread.

Many thanks

Rogerio - London
brzuk@hotmail.com