ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part-time Earnings (2 Jobs)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zataak
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Part-time Earnings (2 Jobs)

Post by Zataak » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi Members,

I am thinking to apply for TIER-1 general as soon as possible. I have couple of quires upon what i want your suggestions.

First i would like to tell about the background history. I was a student, completed my degree, got IGS for one year and this February i extended it as PSW. Now my current leave is valid until February 2010. As i think i am qualifying for the TIER 1, i am thinking to apply for it but need ur suggestions too.

1:- If i see my earnings for last 12 months that could be slightly greater than 20,000 pounds that is required in my case. But i am worried because i earned this money from two jobs which are ODD jobs. Can we get TIER-1 on ODD jobs.

My contract in Sainsburys was part-time. But i used to work there forty hours until June 2008, After that i start working there twenty hours a week till December 2008. And from June 2008 i started another job in a Hotel as a receptionist on full time basis and still working as a receptionist. So if i consider last 12 months from now i have earned 20,000 pounds from a part-time & full-time jobs (2 jobs). So my worries are WILL HOME OFFICE CONSIDER MY EARNINGS?

2:- Secondly, i want to apply for TIER-1 before June. Because till June there will be no change in my previous earnings but after June it will start decreasing. So what would can you suggest. Shall i apply IN PERSON or BY POST? As i was trying to get an appointment for IN PERSON applications but all the time i get the same message that ALL THE OPERATORS ARE CURRENTLY BUSY.

So i have only these worries whether HO will consider my earnings that i have earned in this way by doing two jobs? and whether shall i apply IN PERSON or POST.

Kindly, can anyone clear my doubts.
I shall be grateful.
Thanks

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Part-time Earnings (2 Jobs)

Post by gotcha » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:00 pm

Home office will not care how many jobs you have done, as long as those were within immigration rules, and you are able to produce two matching evidences mentioned in guidance.
Zataak wrote: 1:- If i see my earnings for last 12 months that could be slightly greater than 20,000 pounds that is required in my case.
Considering current earning table, and 20 points for age, and 30 points for degree, you need atleast £23k(20 points) as total of earning in last 12 months out of 15. Have you considered this ?

Zataak
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zataak » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Considering current earning table, and 20 points for age, and 30 points for degree, you need atleast £23k(20 points) as total of earning in last 12 months out of 15. Have you considered this?
Thanks for the reply gotcha. Followings are details of my points:

1- UK MSc Degree (35 points)
2- Age 25+ (20 points)
3- Prev Earnings 20,000+ (15 points)
4- UK Experience (5 points)

Total Score = 75 points

Besides that i am fulfilling the requirement of English language and Fund maintenance as well. And i don't think so there is any change in the Point Based System so far?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Zataak wrote:
Considering current earning table, and 20 points for age, and 30 points for degree, you need atleast £23k(20 points) as total of earning in last 12 months out of 15. Have you considered this?
Thanks for the reply gotcha. Followings are details of my points:

1- UK MSc Degree (35 points)
2- Age 25+ (20 points)
3- Prev Earnings 20,000+ (15 points)
4- UK Experience (5 points)

Total Score = 75 points

Besides that i am fulfilling the requirement of English language and Fund maintenance as well. And i don't think so there is any change in the Point Based System so far?
Yes, I thought you are having bachelors degree. I don't think there will be any issue, if you provide valid evidences.

Zataak
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zataak » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:18 pm

Thanks for the help i really appreciate.
I just lucky get connected with HO and found there is no available dates for the INPERSON application till 29th April so now thinking to post my TIER 1 case coming Monday by post. Any final suggestions you want to give me. I will be very grateful.

Regards