ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KashifMuneer
Newly Registered

Post by KashifMuneer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Hello people,
ok Escoba - Easiest way to get round all problems is it get one of the utilities bill in hubby's name (gas, electric, council tax, phone). Then take the bill (proof of address) and passport (proof of id) to the GP and it should be fine. Hope all goes well I/A. I had a question for you, your hubby's visa was dated 12th Feb but when did he actually receive the call? Maybe I've forgotten but did you guys call Gerry's beforew visiting or you just saw the online status had changed to passport ready and the hubby visited the Gerry's office.

Shehzad - The email you listed, you need to write as if its your wife. Give them your reference number and that should be enough. If you take my word for it all this emailing is a waste of time. Your wife should call Gerry's as its better. THe email reply you get is pretty standard and no specific info of your application is given.

Jagga - I really appreciate you registering and sharing your situation but your case is not standard as its an appeal. Any other members who applied in February, please please share your experience for everyone's benefit.

shehzad.khan
Newly Registered

Post by shehzad.khan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:41 pm

ok guys just sent in my first email, its now tuesday evening, so lets see how quick they reply and what they say inshAllah.

asifposter
Newly Registered

Post by asifposter » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi everyone,

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there.

I've booked my trip to Pak and I shall be leaving on 3rd April. My wife and I have Gerrys in ISB booked for 8th April.

I've been preparing everything with my solicitor and am happy with this second application. Let's wait and see what happens.

KashifMuneer
Newly Registered

Post by KashifMuneer » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:56 pm

good luck Asif. Hope all goes well I/A. Hopefully I should be in a good position in a week or so. I'll let you know.

aqilzeeshan

status update

Post by aqilzeeshan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi,

application type - hsmp dependant.

Applied on 2nd March - status on tracking website 'forward application to islamabad oc'

checked 2 days back by phone from abu dhabi conslate, they said they dont have it till now.

checked yesterday by phone from abu dhabi conslate, they said application is with them and it is in process.

so hopefully it should be back by the end of this month.

shehzad.khan
Newly Registered

Post by shehzad.khan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:44 pm

ok guys got a reply back through e mail and this is what they said:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

Your application has been received and is now in the queue for processing.

Please refer to the UK Border Agency Visa Services web site for turn-around times and information relating to visa applications: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/

Best Regards

UKHUB Pakistan Enquiries
"

Kashif have you tried ringing Abu Dhabi? i mean there seems to be 2 schools of thought on where our apps are going? Orf have you called up isl and have they confirmed they got your apps?

Or are we supposed to call gerrys?

Soz for all the qs, getting a bit impatient. Today my first week is up, hope all goes well inshAllah.

KashifMuneer
Newly Registered

Post by KashifMuneer » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:18 am

OK Aqil Zeeshan's case is not for a settlement visa like us. Aqil did you apply in Lahore or Karachi? This would explain why his application went to Abu Dhabi.
My wife called Gerry's and they confirmed our application is in Islamabad and always was. I don't think you can call islamabad embassy and ask for visa update. Its done through Gerry's. The UKHUB Pakistan enquiries emailed my wife today and said that she should contact Gerry's as a decision has been made on her application. I would appreciate your prayers.

The online status still shows "sent to Islamabad OC..." but we had emailed UKHUB guys a couple of times to chase up. Its been almost 3 weeks for us so no need to get impatient after a week Shehzad. Insha Allah all will be well.

I'll let you know what the update is tomorrow and I'll recap our case as well for everyone's knowledge.

P.S - Monday is 23rd March so a public holiday. Aqil you should hopefully get a response next week.

shehzad.khan
Newly Registered

Post by shehzad.khan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:50 am

Kashif, May Allah accept all of our duas and grant all of our spouses visas. Ameen.

Ok bro good to hear about the email. Can you tell us some more specifics as to when you emailed and how soon they replied. Thanks bro. Im sorry to keep on bugging you.

If you are close to gerrys, its probabally a good idea to go down there and just ask for it. But i think tomorrow may be a half day. You might wanna check what time they close. Hope all goes well bro.

aqilzeeshan

Applied from KHI.

Post by aqilzeeshan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:00 am

Applied from KHI.

Checked today abu dhabi was still in process.

Yeh hopefully next week decision should be made. 23rd March is holiday in pak so for applications in abu dhabi it should not delay. Plus weekend there are also different from pak that is friday and saturday.

Yes hsmp dependent is non-settlement application, non-settlement applications for sure are going to abu dhabi but i'm not sure about settlement ones.

KashifMuneer
Newly Registered

Post by KashifMuneer » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:28 pm

OK Shehzad. The wife emailed them on 15th and the replied on 18th saying she should contact Gerry's to pick up her documents. She went there today but they turned her away saying that they haven't got her docs yet. I just checked and in the last 1 hour the online status has changed to "Application ready for collection...."

I've asked the wife to go there again tomorrow. Its handy as we are in Rawalpindi so about a 30 min drive from Gerry's.

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. I like the spirit within this forum. Lets all pray for each other :)

KashifMuneer
Newly Registered

Post by KashifMuneer » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:21 pm

OK good news. Wife picked up her visa today.

Applied - 27th February 2009
Visa picked up - 20th Mar 2009

I don't know when visa was stamped yet. It took exactly 3 weeks to get passport back. I'm impressed. Like I said the visa processing times are coming down.

Thank you everyone for your guidance and support.

Good luck Shehzad, Asif, Aqeel, Jagga and all the rest who are awaiting a reply. Also lots of duas for Escoba and her hubby. Hope all goes well.

I'll keep posting messages on this forum.

asifposter
Newly Registered

Post by asifposter » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Kashif,

That is excellent news. Well done mate, am happy for you. That is a speedy turnaround as well.

If you get time, it would be great to see what you submitted in the visa application.

shehzad.khan
Newly Registered

Post by shehzad.khan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:01 pm

Well Done Kashif, Mubarak ho. MashAllah that is fantastic.

Its really put my hopes up as well. So did gerrys call you today bro?

Also you better get onto the tickets it seems to be jam packed what with the easter holidays.

Hope everything else goes smoothly for you. Dont forget us in your duas.

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:59 am

Kashif Best of luck yaar just Dua for me as well coz i am on Appeal .....

Regards
Tasawar Hayat

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:03 pm

escoba wrote:Hey everybody!

Hows it going? I've just managed to clean up my room and make space for him. His coming on tuesday bham airport..close to home. Boy I'm nervous!!!

Shezad- I got incontact with them two weeks after we submitted the papers and then another weeks later. That was only because I couldn't log on to their website. When did you submit yours?

Riff-you alright mate. you talking about National Insurance Number? How do you apply for that?
Call the Department of Works and Pensions at this number 0845 915 7006. You will receive a form in the post, fill it and send it back, done!
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:04 pm

escoba wrote:Riff- By the way thank you for your advice young man. :wink:
Aaah..i wish i was still young :P
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:10 pm

escoba wrote:Sorry lots of typo mistakes lol....Letter from embassy to state where his living etc.
LOL..thats what i thought..coz he certainly doesnt need to tell YOU where he loves..corny! but i couldnt help it :P

No, the GP is not entitled to ask you where he lives. The country should be enough for them, so thats your copy of the passport and the TB certificate. Period. Tell those jackass receptionists that.

Fill the form and submit it, should get the card in 7 working days.

Here is the direct link from the NHS anyway, might help :)
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:11 pm

jagga wrote:my wifes passport has been at ISB since 19th february still no reply and nothing on the internet our appeal was granted in september

the waiting is killing me im so depressed
There is no way of finding status of an appeal decision on the internet, so you are looking in the wrong direction at the start. Call them or email them, thats the only way.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:13 pm

asifposter wrote:Hi everyone,

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there.

I've booked my trip to Pak and I shall be leaving on 3rd April. My wife and I have Gerrys in ISB booked for 8th April.

I've been preparing everything with my solicitor and am happy with this second application. Let's wait and see what happens.
Good Luck
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:15 pm

KashifMuneer wrote:OK good news. Wife picked up her visa today.

Applied - 27th February 2009
Visa picked up - 20th Mar 2009

I don't know when visa was stamped yet. It took exactly 3 weeks to get passport back. I'm impressed. Like I said the visa processing times are coming down.

Thank you everyone for your guidance and support.

Good luck Shehzad, Asif, Aqeel, Jagga and all the rest who are awaiting a reply. Also lots of duas for Escoba and her hubby. Hope all goes well.

I'll keep posting messages on this forum.
Congratulations
Skeptic

HSMPSEQUENCE

Post by HSMPSEQUENCE » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

Could someone let me know the requirements to apply for Tier 1 Dependant visa at BHC Islamabad.

I have letting agreement for a one bed flat in my name.
My bank statement shows more than £3000 per month.

Please advise what else is required? Appreciate all the help!

Many Thanks,
S

escoba

Post by escoba » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:16 pm

HEY GUYS!!!

Shezad- Hows it goin?
Hi Kashif!

I emailed islamabad embassy. The unit manager emailed me back and told me to take the email reply for Ref and to collect papers. This is only because I could not get on to their website! So no I didn't wait for a phone call, which is good otherwise we would have run out of time.

Riff- Hey how are? Lol as long as your young at heart..... :D Bless.
we did take his passport and but they wanted the letter to confirm he got his visa. Yeh they are JACKASSES!!!! Some people really do need to get a life...

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:44 pm

hi aqilzeeshan,

I am going to apply for hsmp dependent visa, can you please share list of documents u sent with your application, and do i need to show funds for 3 months like Tier 1. thanks

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:20 pm

hi hsmp505,

list of document i sent are as follows, But the list cannot be relied as i am still waiting for decision :-)

+ original hsmp letter.
+ husband's visa photocopies along with first 2 page of passport, entry exit ststamps pages for marriage.
+ husband's nic photocopy.

+ tanancy agreement.
+ letter from estate agent stating accomodation is enough for couple, business card of estate agent cliped.
+ receipt of rent payment.
+ council tax bill confirming property band hence no overcrowding.
+ utility bills confirming address.

+ bank statement , current and saving. (more than 3K)
+ letter from bank stating funds in account since atleast last 3 months.
+ salary slips.
+ letter from employer stating salary, job start date.
+ job contract.

+ marriage certificate.
+ marriage pics. and invitation card.
+ phone bill showing constant contact.

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks alot. and best of luck with your application