ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finance jobs in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sunil97
Newly Registered

Finance jobs in UK

Post by sunil97 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi,

I have completed my post graduation in finance & worked for companies like JPMorgan Chase and Morgan Stanley in India, with a total experience of four years. Further i also have completed certian process related trainings in UK and USA for one month each while i was working with JPMorgan Chase, India.

My plan is to apply for jobs from India for time till my HSMP is in process and I land in UK once i get my visa and search for a decent job.
Do you think this would be good move?
Do you think with the above qualification & experience will I get a job?

Would appreciate all your guidance.

Thanks,
Sunil.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:52 pm

I would definitely recommend applying and getting your CV out to as many agencies as you can at the moment, just so they have it on file. In terms of your sector, it is VERY slow in the UK at the moment and I would not expect you to see much of a return on your applications for quite a number of weeks, if not months. Your background seems very strong and if you qualify for a Tier 1 then you have obviously been earning and working hard and I have no doubt that you will do very well in the UK once we start moving again.

I'm the last person to be all doom and gloom at the moment but there definitely is a slow down, so stay positive and just keep applying.
:D

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi Mate,

Are you from the Finance sector! if yes which company are you working for?

Since how long are you in UK? Me to from finance sector look for a job?

VJ

Vanadil wrote:I would definitely recommend applying and getting your CV out to as many agencies as you can at the moment, just so they have it on file. In terms of your sector, it is VERY slow in the UK at the moment and I would not expect you to see much of a return on your applications for quite a number of weeks, if not months. Your background seems very strong and if you qualify for a Tier 1 then you have obviously been earning and working hard and I have no doubt that you will do very well in the UK once we start moving again.

I'm the last person to be all doom and gloom at the moment but there definitely is a slow down, so stay positive and just keep applying.
:D

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:02 am

Vijay have u still not got a job? why is the market that bad for even a temp job?

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:16 am

Hello Satish,

Good morning!, i shall send you an e-mail.

Vijay

rsathish wrote:Vijay have u still not got a job? why is the market that bad for even a temp job?

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm afraid that I do not work in the Finace sector no. I'm also a UK national.

ghulbhai

Post by ghulbhai » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:14 pm

with 3.4 million out of jobs.. its tough whichever profession it is and the majority out of jobs are IT workers...

SallyA
BANNED

Post by SallyA » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Things are hard here right now esp in Finance - altho it sounds like you have been working very hard towards your goal - I think perhaps wait a few months and see how things pan out after April here???

ghulbhai

Post by ghulbhai » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:05 pm

hey sallya

i think IT is the hard hit, because i am in IT and I know how hard it is ... i dont know about finance... :cry: :shock:

SallyA
BANNED

Post by SallyA » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:27 am

ghulbhai wrote:hey sallya

i think IT is the hard hit, because i am in IT and I know how hard it is ... i dont know about finance... :cry: :shock:
Yeah IT also seems to be badly hit - every company is making redundancies or freezing recruitment - working with understaffed offices just to try and stay alive!

Its crazy! Yes there are still jobs out there but so many people are fighting for them! One of my friends has had interview after interview since August and had nothing back yet!

sunil97
Newly Registered

Thanks alot for your guidance

Post by sunil97 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Hiya everybody,
Thank a lot for your guidance and sharing your experiences. I have got my Visa and have started applying for jobs from here in India. On couple of occasions the recruiters came back asking if I was living in UK but no interview calls as such. As per certain articles in timesonline.com, ppl are losing their jobs and the job market is extremely slow. However I see many new job postings on job portals everyday. I feel ppl living in UK are the best judge of what is the scene there….would appreciate a little guidance and advice. . How is the current job scenario in UK? Further would really appreciate any guidance or advise from ppl in Investment banking operations.

vnvijay

Re: Thanks alot for your guidance

Post by vnvijay » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:45 am

Hi Sunil,

Are you from Bangalore? i have sent you an e-mail, please check that.

Through which website did u apply for jobs.

VJ
sunil97 wrote:Hiya everybody,
Thank a lot for your guidance and sharing your experiences. I have got my Visa and have started applying for jobs from here in India. On couple of occasions the recruiters came back asking if I was living in UK but no interview calls as such. As per certain articles in timesonline.com, ppl are losing their jobs and the job market is extremely slow. However I see many new job postings on job portals everyday. I feel ppl living in UK are the best judge of what is the scene there….would appreciate a little guidance and advice. . How is the current job scenario in UK? Further would really appreciate any guidance or advise from ppl in Investment banking operations.

Kumz
Newly Registered

Finance jobs in UK

Post by Kumz » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Hello there Guys , Am right now working in canary wharf and I would say forget jobs in Uk for the moment, the year is predicted to get worser by the day and the first ones to go, if possible, are outside workers. Here day by day the scene is getting cloudy and not expected to be good at all. It might be better to work in a small job than experience a layoff. And growth is to go in negative, so better not to think of UK for the moment.

SallyA
BANNED

Post by SallyA » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:22 am

Agreed we had 2 more redunancies here 2 weeks ago - cut backs are happening even a few months later!

Some say we are not likely to stabilise before 2010???

anraag
Newly Registered

Post by anraag » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:12 am

Hey Sunil97,

Were you able to find a job in UK still.....?

ashokkumar
Newly Registered

SAP ABAP market

Post by ashokkumar » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi,

Even i feel the IT market is pretty bad here...

I am searching for a SAP ABAP job..but still culdnt make it out....

As per my views..the recession may get over atleast by 2010 2nd quarter...

Till then..its the survival of the luckiest/whomsever....

BEST OF THE TIME TO ALL...