ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw maintaince fund appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

drmmyatsan
Newly Registered

psw maintaince fund appeal

Post by drmmyatsan » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:22 pm

I have been refused my tier 1 psw as 2 month bank statement only. Can I win my appeal process? The second one is if i lost my appeal can i rea pply from my home country?

Thanks
may

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: psw maintaince fund appeal

Post by jack199 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:55 pm

drmmyatsan wrote:I have been refused my tier 1 psw as 2 month bank statement only. Can I win my appeal process? The second one is if i lost my appeal can i rea pply from my home country?

Thanks
may
If you dont have £800 in your bank for the last 3 months ALL THE TIME prior to applying for PSW then the refusal was right. You can only appeal if you can show that the case worker miss-interpreted something which you sent orignally with the application.

If you dont have £800 for the WHOLE of the last three months then the refusal would stand. Think if you have a bank account in your home country where you might have over £800 or even a joint bank account where you can show that you had the required money, then you might stand a chnace and i am using the word might here because it was your mistake to send 2 months bank statements.

I would advise you to get some professional legal advise from a solicitor who are the only people can create some grounds (if any) for you.

Yes you can apply back from your home country as well.

but if you dont appeal then you MUST leave UK within 28 days of refusal otherwise you be considered as a overstayer and will get a 1 year ban on any of the UK immigration categories.

drmmyatsan
Newly Registered

Post by drmmyatsan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:38 pm

i decided not to appeal and will re apply at home ( Myanmar ). actually i already got joint saving account with my sister and it has been more than 9 month and the fund is not lower than £3000 until now. I m wonder i got my refusal date is 13 of March n my appeal deadline is 31 of March. I m planning to do fresh application at home and i m wondering can i get psw tier 1 visa at this time? I got 85 points on others n i lose 10 point on my funds. Can I re apply as soon as possible or how long do i need to wait for re application? Sorry for my silly question I m loosing my mind so far.

May

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:43 pm

drmmyatsan wrote:i decided not to appeal and will re apply at home ( Myanmar ). actually i already got joint saving account with my sister and it has been more than 9 month and the fund is not lower than £3000 until now. I m wonder i got my refusal date is 13 of March n my appeal deadline is 31 of March. I m planning to do fresh application at home and i m wondering can i get psw tier 1 visa at this time? I got 85 points on others n i lose 10 point on my funds. Can I re apply as soon as possible or how long do i need to wait for re application? Sorry for my silly question I m loosing my mind so far.

May
If you have required amount in a joint account with someone then by all means appeal is the best option. I would strongly advise you to keep a cool head and do not panic, If you apply from your home country what is the gurantee that you would get visa? Mate its recession and they want british jobs for british people, they are looking for any excuse which they can use to send you back home. Fight for your right mate, if you qualify all the grounds then do not leave this country until the appeal decision has been made. The appeal decision can also again be reconsidered again once made.

I would strongly advise you to get a solicitor and do not lose hope.

All the best

drmmyatsan
Newly Registered

Post by drmmyatsan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:00 pm

thanks a lot jack, i m very confusing now. I don't want to lose my appeal and so i might go back home.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 pm

look if u even lost your appeal,yo get no problem at home reapplying,i belive you have major chances of winning appeal if you show a/c along with your sister.
Try it with hope.

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:19 pm

An appeal gives you a wonderful opportunity to overturn the refusal and clear it from your immigration history while remaining legal in the UK. Like people have pointed out, the fact that you've had an account with the required balance over a period of time means you stand a good chance of winning your appeal. So, by all means, go ahead.
If at the end of the day, your appeal is not allowed, then you can go home and reapply.
All the best