ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:51 pm

tom4 wrote:I agree.
But the minister has also said that he believes that 18 months is the best possible time.
Not really, UK are much faster, and for far greater numbers, too.
In any case, it makes no difference to us what they achieve in the future, our applications have already taken a scandalous amount of time.
Id take 18 months any day!

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:23 pm

hi, all

anybody in here who has withoutcondition as to time endorsement has already sent new status to update for citizenship application? do we need to do so? is it no harm?

thanks

melon

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:01 am

jhbmike wrote:
sideshowsue wrote:
Persol wrote:Hi all,
my friend is asked to send her P21, payslips and bank statement. The prob is that she has no money in her bank account and she has been overdrafting during the last 3 months. Will this cause her any probs? She has a good immigration history though and she gets paid well enough! Her prob is that she spends all her money quickly!
Personally, I'd be very concerned. One of the criteria for approval is that one is able to support oneself financially in Ireland. INIS has refused some people on account of receiving unemployment benefit even though these people were fully entitled to it since they had had been working and making good money for years before they had the misfortune of being made redundant. INIS does not seem to interested in the whys and wherefores--merely states of affairs.

So even though she's working, she's being financially irresponsible and all that needs to happen for things to spiral out of control is for her to lose her job--and this is a very *real* possibility for most everyone right now.
In fairness I dont believe this to be a problem. As long as you arent drawing benefits it shouldnt be a problem. Who has thousands of euro lying around sitting in a current account nowadays(very few id imagine). We bought a house a while back and put a hefty deposit down which cleared out our savings. Should we have left that money in the current account to satisfy INIS that we had money in reserve.
As long as you have a regular income you are self sufficient.
Crucial question...
If you a person loses his job (which is becoming quite rampant in this economic recession), would you advice him to avoid claiming unemployment benefit (because of the perceived risk of INIS rejecting his citizenship application) thereby starving :shock: :? :(

kc
Newly Registered

Post by kc » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:45 am

tom4 wrote: Mine is 2006 and was in Tipp, now with Social welfare, not sure what this does to the theory, but I do know that there is a LOT of resistance to decentralisation and the go-slow approach is one that has been used in the past.
I was talking to one of my Irish friends who has links with DoJ. He told me that there is indeed resistance to decentralisation, and those employees of Dublin citizenship division who doesn't want to move to Tipp will be made redundant, which is not quite exciting perspective in today's economical situation. That is why they do everything they can to slow down the process.
Then, most of 2006 applications were kept in Dublin for further processing and where not moved Tipp.
I think this is good enough explanation of the situation we have now with 2006 apps.
It is indeed scandalous but would you really blame them for that?

kc
Newly Registered

Post by kc » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 am

IrelandHopeful wrote: Crucial question...
If you a person loses his job (which is becoming quite rampant in this economic recession), would you advice him to avoid claiming unemployment benefit (because of the perceived risk of INIS rejecting his citizenship application) thereby starving :shock: :? :(
It depends on what kind of priorities this person has, as there is about 90 percent chance to get refused on your naturalisation application in case you applied for unemployment benefits within last 3 years.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:07 am

IrelandHopeful wrote:
jhbmike wrote:
sideshowsue wrote:
Persol wrote:Hi all,
my friend is asked to send her P21, payslips and bank statement. The prob is that she has no money in her bank account and she has been overdrafting during the last 3 months. Will this cause her any probs? She has a good immigration history though and she gets paid well enough! Her prob is that she spends all her money quickly!
Personally, I'd be very concerned. One of the criteria for approval is that one is able to support oneself financially in Ireland. INIS has refused some people on account of receiving unemployment benefit even though these people were fully entitled to it since they had had been working and making good money for years before they had the misfortune of being made redundant. INIS does not seem to interested in the whys and wherefores--merely states of affairs.

So even though she's working, she's being financially irresponsible and all that needs to happen for things to spiral out of control is for her to lose her job--and this is a very *real* possibility for most everyone right now.
In fairness I dont believe this to be a problem. As long as you arent drawing benefits it shouldnt be a problem. Who has thousands of euro lying around sitting in a current account nowadays(very few id imagine). We bought a house a while back and put a hefty deposit down which cleared out our savings. Should we have left that money in the current account to satisfy INIS that we had money in reserve.
Crucial question...
If you are desperate for cash, rather go to fas than draw unemployment

NotYetIrish
Newly Registered

Post by NotYetIrish » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:12 am

kc wrote:
tom4 wrote: Mine is 2006 and was in Tipp, now with Social welfare, not sure what this does to the theory, but I do know that there is a LOT of resistance to decentralisation and the go-slow approach is one that has been used in the past.
I was talking to one of my Irish friends who has links with DoJ. He told me that there is indeed resistance to decentralisation, and those employees of Dublin citizenship division who doesn't want to move to Tipp will be made redundant, which is not quite exciting perspective in today's economical situation. That is why they do everything they can to slow down the process.
Then, most of 2006 applications were kept in Dublin for further processing and where not moved Tipp.
I think this is good enough explanation of the situation we have now with 2006 apps.
It is indeed scandalous but would you really blame them for that?

I applied in Jul'06 and i am getting letters from Tipp.
do you say the last stage (garda clearance, minister approval) are delayed because of INIS Dublin employees?
how this delay going to improve there life?

Persol
Newly Registered

Post by Persol » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:47 pm

jhbmike wrote:
IrelandHopeful wrote:
jhbmike wrote:
sideshowsue wrote:

Crucial question...
If you are desperate for cash, rather go to fas than draw unemployment
Going back to my initial post. if they refuse her application because she has no cash in her bank account and because INIS would think that she ll resort to public funds in case, then it won t be clever of INIS part. Because if she wants to resort to dole or any other government freebies, nothing will stop her. She has many ways to do so. the last thing would be herself reverting into an asylum seeker and she can milk the country properly! Like thousands of people do ;-)

NearlyIrish

INIS Customer Charter

Post by NearlyIrish » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:43 am

This is the link to INIS's customer charter which undeniably looks impressive in writing but many would concur that it's implementation is somehow invisible. Extract as follows:

Our Customers
Our customers come from many walks of life such as individual members of the public, elected representatives, the agencies associated with the Department, other Government Departments and Offices, international organisations and many voluntary and representative groups who do business with the Department,

Our Aim
We aim at all times to provide our customers with a professional, efficient and courteous service and to do our best to improve the standards of the service which we provide. The purpose of this Customer Charter is to set out the standard of service our customers can expect to receive from the Department.

(Note: the publication of a Customer Charter is not intended to create new legal rights for customers)

Our Commitment to our Customers
Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we aim to achieve this by:

giving our customers the best possible service and advice;
treating customers in a proper, fair, impartial and courteous manner;
aiming to ensure that rights to equal treatment set out by equality legislation are upheld in the delivery of our services;
aiming, where possible, to meet any special need our customers may have.

Link to full charter: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Customer_Services

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:03 am

scrudu wrote:This thread has gotten pretty long now and it's proving very hard to track exactly how long it's taking people to get citizenship after applying to the DoJ. I've created a spreadsheet to track details of applicants so we can see how long app's are really taking. My hope is that we can see whether anyone is actually being processed in the advertised average of 23 months, and see if there are any trends on how/when processing happens.

Feel free to add your name: http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps . If you'd like more or different info captured (i.e. more columns) just let me know.
this is very good. thanks scrudu. great initiation.
hey guys, please put your dates there, the more we get details, the better idea we'll have about this process and we can see the end of the tunnel.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:22 am

Has anyone been able to get through today pls. I've been trying since 10:00, but ringing busy.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 am

Same old story. Garda clearance......
NearlyIrish wrote:Has anyone been able to get through today pls. I've been trying since 10:00, but ringing busy.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:57 am

To ChIrl...

What are your timelines pls?

kc
Newly Registered

Post by kc » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Tried to call INIS for nearly two hours today with no luck :x

madness....

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:42 pm

Today I started ringing at 10:00 on both numbers i.e. 062 - 32500
Lo-call 1890 252 854 but couldn't get through until 10:37. I was then put into the queue as 'all operators were busy'. Call was picked up at 11:15 by a lady who told me that they are still waiting for Gardai clearance and that there was a backlog but files have started to come through since Dec. When I probed her for why is it that the backlog is happening for some people only and how come other people who applied later are recieving their approvals, she said that the Gardai does not work in chronological order as they do. Then she told me that they are also waiting for further documentation from me. When I asked what documentation she said marriage certificate and that a letter was sent to me regarding this yesterday. I told her why was that not requested 2 years ago when I informed them in writing that I got married she said she doesn't know as files move hands and she is not the person dealing with my application. I then requested her to give me the name of the person who is dealing with my application, she replied she cannot give details over the phone but advised to read the letter that has been sent and reply to the person who signed the letter.

Now I reckon I'll have do do an affidavit for the marriage cert as well??

Also, my child is Irish and I informed them about it when we got the passport. Shall I also send copies of it.

I just want to make sure that I cover all the angles as it seems to me that they are plaing delaying tactics.

NotYetIrish
Newly Registered

Post by NotYetIrish » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:Today I started ringing at 10:00 on both numbers i.e. 062 - 32500
Lo-call 1890 252 854 but couldn't get through until 10:37. I was then put into the queue as 'all operators were busy'. Call was picked up at 11:15 by a lady who told me that they are still waiting for Gardai clearance and that there was a backlog but files have started to come through since Dec. When I probed her for why is it that the backlog is happening for some people only and how come other people who applied later are recieving their approvals, she said that the Gardai does not work in chronological order as they do. Then she told me that they are also waiting for further documentation from me. When I asked what documentation she said marriage certificate and that a letter was sent to me regarding this yesterday. I told her why was that not requested 2 years ago when I informed them in writing that I got married she said she doesn't know as files move hands and she is not the person dealing with my application. I then requested her to give me the name of the person who is dealing with my application, she replied she cannot give details over the phone but advised to read the letter that has been sent and reply to the person who signed the letter.

Also, my child is Irish and I informed them about it when we got the passport. Shall I also send copies of it.

I just want to make sure that I cover all the angles as it seems to me that they are plaing delaying tactics.
thats exactly it. they are playing delaying tactics. I think they asked for Tax clearance Cert from you last month, right? why don't they ask for all the required doc in one go?
Even if we submit all the documents from our side, they will do nothing for a while and start asking for Tax document for the current year, bank statements, pay slips, etc... :cry:

BDSK2003

Send all details and documents to support your application

Post by BDSK2003 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:41 pm

NotYetIrish wrote:
NearlyIrish wrote:Today I started ringing at 10:00 on both numbers i.e. 062 - 32500

thats exactly it. they are playing delaying tactics. I think they asked for Tax clearance Cert from you last month, right? why don't they ask for all the required doc in one go?
Even if we submit all the documents from our side, they will do nothing for a while and start asking for Tax document for the current year, bank statements, pay slips, etc... :cry:
Hi Nearly/Not yet Irish,

I would send all or some of these documents every year even before they ask us. like payslips for last 3 months, Marriage affidevit, Birth certificate, P21 & P60 of self and spouse, Bank statement for last 3 months, Irish passport of son/daughter if applicable, any change in passport details, working letter, utility bill, health Insurance copy, renewed GNIB card, change in contact details including moving house etc.

Sending all these documents might avoid any delay in holding our application. .... I personally don't know sending all these documents is helpful or not. But its better to send them anyway

BDSK
Last edited by BDSK2003 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi,
I guess what we need to be doing is follow:

*** We need to anticipate their thinking/strategy ***
*** ALWAYS USE REGISTERED POST ***

So for example, if you think INIS does not have a copy of birth certificate then do the following

1. Translate and legalise one copy in English
2. Fill in an affidavit
3. Send it registered post and keep copies of courses.

If for example you've received your P60 for 2008 then go the revenue website or office or call the on the phone then request your P21

1. Send a copy of your P60 and P21
2 Maybe your payslips for the last 3 month also
3. Send it registered post and keep copies of courses.

Thanks,
nanette

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Thanks Guys,

Sending all of the documents this week and by registered post as advised.

I'm having enough of this red tape and on the verge of writing to all watchdogs in the country and a letter to the minister

crown

Post by crown » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:16 am

NearlyIrish wrote:Thanks Guys,

Sending all of the documents this week and by registered post as advised.

I'm having enough of this red tape and on the verge of writing to all watchdogs in the country and a letter to the minister

Someone on my street got letter today He applied late 2006 on the basis of 5 year work and Irish Born child
He phoned last week Thursday and was told his application had not been sent to the minister and clearance is still be awaited from the gardai!!!
Hearing this story, I think there is no point bothering these guys by phoning them I in person will only respond to mails sent to me
Wishing all success

tom4

Post by tom4 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:39 am

I agree with crown to a certain extent.
They just seem to say anything on the phone, first they told me that mine had gone to the minister, then later they said it was still with social welfare.
Who knows what the real situation is?
They just don't know what they are doing.
I think it is still worth calling though, just to keep the pressure on.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:52 pm

My Timelines:

Applied in March.06.
Got Ack in April.06
Addl Doc requested - 4th Sept.08
Addl doc sent - middle of Sept.08

Regards
NearlyIrish wrote:To ChIrl...

What are your timelines pls?

Aloha
Newly Registered

Post by Aloha » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:50 pm

[quote="ChIrl"]My Timelines:

Applied in March.06.
Got Ack in April.06
Addl Doc requested - 4th Sept.08
Addl doc sent - middle of Sept.08

Regards

[quote="NearlyIrish"]To ChIrl...

What are your timelines pls?[/quote][/quote]

This is way too long! How many previous addresses you had at the time you applied?

EBS

Post by EBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 am

This is way too long! How many previous addresses you had at the time you applied

I am in exact same time line and same situation, it doesnt matter how many addresses have previously changed, its pure LUCK!!

i have not changed address, and i know some people are still waiting since late 05 and early 06.

u0543
Newly Registered

Post by u0543 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:50 am

EBS wrote:This is way too long! How many previous addresses you had at the time you applied

I am in exact same time line and same situation, it doesnt matter how many addresses have previously changed, its pure LUCK!!

i have not changed address, and i know some people are still waiting since late 05 and early 06.
As far as I know, these are not "some", but thousands of people since 05/early 06.
The main thing I've noticed, mostly those whose Garda clearance was requested in Oct'08, got their apprpovals.