ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:22 am

Waited 50+ minutes on phone....Waiting for other agencies.

Nanette

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:38 am

cnu wrote:Has anyone got there application back asking for justification on mismatch of information in their original application form and the birth affidavit or marriage affidavit or any other things? If you got so, can you tell me what you had to do?
Just got the very same today! I have no idea what they are talking about. I'm not sure if there was a mismatch, I'll investigate.

Was the any dicrepencies actually? I don't think I have a copy of my form 8 so I am not even sure if there was a mismatch!

I think they are using it as another delaying tactic... they also asked for my tax clearance certificate - this is after I sent them all this stuff in Oct 08 (applied Apr 06)
Last edited by ashimashi on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:40 am

Staying at same address.
Aloha wrote:
ChIrl wrote:My Timelines:

Applied in March.06.
Got Ack in April.06
Addl Doc requested - 4th Sept.08
Addl doc sent - middle of Sept.08

Regards
NearlyIrish wrote:To ChIrl...

What are your timelines pls?
This is way too long! How many previous addresses you had at the time you applied?

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:07 pm

deleted
Last edited by another_immigrant on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:42 pm

Have already updated the tracker sheet against name "Ch" few days ago. Some of my friends applied in Jan.06 & March.06 are also waiting due to Garda clearance. I will update their details in the sheet soon.
another_immigrant wrote:
ChIrl wrote:My Timelines:

Applied in March.06.
Got Ack in April.06
Addl Doc requested - 4th Sept.08
Addl doc sent - middle of Sept.08

Regards
NearlyIrish wrote:To ChIrl...

What are your timelines pls?
Hey ChIrl,

There is a timeline tracker sheet that Scrudu created. Can you put your times into that as well. It's quite handy to see how the general picture looks like. So far nearly 50 people have put their details and looks like most of us are in the same time line and still pending status with Garda Clearance/Other agencies...
here is the link :
http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps

Aloha
Newly Registered

Post by Aloha » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:18 am

[quote="ChIrl"]
http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps[/quote][/quote]

I'm impressed by this tracker! Here is an idea: if INIS was to use it, would we get better info when we call?! They could say things like "17% other similar cases are waiting for your garda check too, since ... but the trend is.... variation..." and make you feel they know what's going on or hang up why they blahhhhh the same thing again.

kc
Newly Registered

Post by kc » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:08 pm

I applied for naturalisation in the end of 2006 based on 5 years on work permit.

Question for those of you guys who is not currently in a full-time employment. Have any of you got the letter from DoJ stating:

"The minister requires that all applicants for naturalisation show that they are able to support themselves financially. I would be obliged if you could confirm how you are being financially maintained while resident in the State other than from your part-time employment. If you are relying on savings please forward copies of your savings account statements".

What do you reply to this? How much money on the savings accounts would DoJ consider to be sufficient to support oneself?

Question for everyone: Would you think they are going to refuse my naturalisation application simply upon the reason that I lost my full-time job, even though I never claimed unemployment benefits or other form of State support, have no convictions, and paid a lot of taxes during last 7.5 years before I lost my job?

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:01 pm

kc wrote:I applied for naturalisation in the end of 2006 based on 5 years on work permit.

Question for those of you guys who is not currently in a full-time employment. Have any of you got the letter from DoJ stating:

"The minister requires that all applicants for naturalisation show that they are able to support themselves financially. I would be obliged if you could confirm how you are being financially maintained while resident in the State other than from your part-time employment. If you are relying on savings please forward copies of your savings account statements".

What do you reply to this? How much money on the savings accounts would DoJ consider to be sufficient to support oneself?

Question for everyone: Would you think they are going to refuse my naturalisation application simply upon the reason that I lost my full-time job, even though I never claimed unemployment benefits or other form of State support, have no convictions, and paid a lot of taxes during last 7.5 years before I lost my job?

Hi KC

How did they find about your loss of full time employment. Did you inform them or did you claim job seeker benefit?

crown

Post by crown » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:43 pm

opengl wrote: Hi KC

How did they find about your loss of full time employment. Did you inform them or did you claim job seeker benefit?
DoJ would know thro d tax office If you are in fulltime PAYE employment taxes would be remitted by your employer I think monthly

kc
Newly Registered

Post by kc » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:06 pm

opengl wrote: Hi KC

They could see it on the payslips which I sent to them when they asked for additional docs.

I NEVER CLAIMED JOB SEEKER BENEFITS BECAUSE IF I DO THERE WILL BE 90 PERCENT CHANCE FOR BEING REFUSED NATURALISATION FOR VALID REASON (or at least what DoJ consider to be a valid reason).

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Last edited by malcolmrx on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Last edited by malcolmrx on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:56 pm

malcolmrx

malcolmrx

Last edited by malcolmrx on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:57 pm

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:06 pm

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:53 pm

My apologies .. it seems my post was submitted over and over again for some bizzare reason!

Great work by the way scrudu. It'd be helpful to actually add an LTR entry and the date granted to see if there's any correlation between the naturalisation approval and having an LTR. I doubt it makes a difference but just another pointer.

On another topic, Does anyone know (as silly as it sounds) if claiming normal benefits such as dentist or optician expenses affect your application .. Do they view this as social welfare benefits and the whole rant about supporting yourself in the state? Claiming these benefits is a normal thing if one paid his/her taxes for a certain number of years ... now things have gotten so vague that I find myself questioning many things which I thought normal to have! .. anyway any help would be very much appreciated.

citi
Newly Registered

Post by citi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:33 pm

malcolmrx wrote:My apologies .. it seems my post was submitted over and over again for some bizzare reason!

Great work by the way scrudu. It'd be helpful to actually add an LTR entry and the date granted to see if there's any correlation between the naturalisation approval and having an LTR. I doubt it makes a difference but just another pointer.

On another topic, Does anyone know (as silly as it sounds) if claiming normal benefits such as dentist or optician expenses affect your application .. Do they view this as social welfare benefits and the whole rant about supporting yourself in the state? Claiming these benefits is a normal thing if one paid his/her taxes for a certain number of years ... now things have gotten so vague that I find myself questioning many things which I thought normal to have! .. anyway any help would be very much appreciated.
I have claimed dental benefit once before but this did not affect my Citizenship approval.So I think it will not affect your citizenship application

citi
Newly Registered

Post by citi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:35 pm

malcolmrx wrote:My apologies .. it seems my post was submitted over and over again for some bizzare reason!

I have claimed dental benefit once before but this did not affect my Citizenship approval.So I think it will not affect your citizenship application

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:54 pm

To all...

Not sure how true this is. But I've heard that people who have bought houses here are getting their citizenship processed faster. To put it into context, I have 2 friends who applied in Dec 2006 and Feb 2007 respectively, they have bought their houses a few years ago and they've got their approvals.

Anyone here who has got his/her aproval but not tied up with a Mortgage?

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:03 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:To all...

Not sure how true this is. But I've heard that people who have bought houses here are getting their citizenship processed faster. To put it into context, I have 2 friends who applied in Dec 2006 and Feb 2007 respectively, they have bought their houses a few years ago and they've got their approvals.

This is bogus. My husband and I bought our house in June 2006. I applied for nationality in August 2006 and I'm still waiting.

EBS

Post by EBS » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:13 pm

sideshowsue wrote:
NearlyIrish wrote:To all...

This is bogus. My husband and I bought our house in June 2006. I applied for nationality in August 2006 and I'm still waiting.
me too - i bought my in 2004, applied for nat*n in March 06 and still waiting

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:18 pm

To all again....

What do they mean by a 'certified copy' of your marriage certificate. Do I need to get the Gardai to sign at the back or...??

thanks

tom4

Post by tom4 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Oh dear!!

It looks like some IDIOT has sabotaged the spreadsheet!!

They have deleted quite a lot of entries from the "Citizenship Applications" page and made a rubbish entry in the first line. They have entered their country as... ireland.

The "Residency Stamps" data has also been deleted.