ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Please - Previous Earnings/Points Calculation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UKTier1March
Newly Registered

Urgent Please - Previous Earnings/Points Calculation

Post by UKTier1March » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi,
Iam on WP and my onsite allowance pay slips only shows my net salary. Iam not qualifying if I use net alone for previous earnings section. I do have my work permit which shows my Gross earnings, with which I comfortably get the required points. Could I use my work permit as my earnings proof for Gross(no monthly break up available)? inaddition to the salary slip for net ?

Meanwhile I have requested my HR to provide me with the Gross and Net break up month wise, but not 100% sure of I would get it in the next 2 days. I have to apply before the new rules come into effect.

I do have p60 for the last financial year and my earnings claim period is from Feb 08 to Jan 09. So p60 would cover Feb 08 and Mar 08 which is an indication of the % of tax. Could it be extrapolated to show this years tax ?

If anybody has any suggestions in the above scenario, pleaaase let me know...

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent Please - Previous Earnings/Points Calculation

Post by yasa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:35 am

UKTier1March wrote:Hi,
Iam on WP and my onsite allowance pay slips only shows my net salary. Iam not qualifying if I use net alone for previous earnings section. I do have my work permit which shows my Gross earnings, with which I comfortably get the required points. Could I use my work permit as my earnings proof for Gross(no monthly break up available)? inaddition to the salary slip for net ?

Meanwhile I have requested my HR to provide me with the Gross and Net break up month wise, but not 100% sure of I would get it in the next 2 days. I have to apply before the new rules come into effect.

I do have p60 for the last financial year and my earnings claim period is from Feb 08 to Jan 09. So p60 would cover Feb 08 and Mar 08 which is an indication of the % of tax. Could it be extrapolated to show this years tax ?

it is feasable to send HR letter as P60 cannot be accepted as evidence...BUT you can do one thing put you payslips with P60 and bank statements and write everything on your cover letter... PLZ EXPLAIN YOUR CASE PROPERLY ON COVER LETTER....

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:18 am

yasa wrote:
UKTier1March wrote:Hi,

1) The salary on WP is NOT ACCEPTED

2)Only option for you .

run to your HR , dont wait for them to sent .
Run to them , Get a letter on company header and signed .

Make a table in letter ,which shows monthly net and gross .

And also finally the total gross and net .

each of the net monthly shown in letter should show in ur bank statement .

In your application your should claim for the TOTAL GROSS .

3)

So that letter and bank statements should help you .

4)

You have to apply before 30th . Take leave , go to HR and sit on their head untill the letter is given . They will hesitate as they will know what you are up to ..But play tricks . It is ur life not their .

UKTier1March
Newly Registered

Post by UKTier1March » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:54 am

hi Yasa and Maheshnair,

thanks to both of you for your inputs. i have been chasing the hr guys since morning today and in their typical fashion, they are pushing it back and forth b/w UK and India hr... sincerely hope these guys will give it today..... cant go there today as our hr is in another location in the country...

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:46 pm

maheshnair wrote:go to HR and sit on their head untill the letter is given . They will hesitate as they will know what you are up to ..But play tricks . It is ur life not their .
Well said Mahesh :D

UKTier1March: Better chase HR, hunt them down, make their life hell untill you get letter.. or see how things go upside down after 31/03/2009.HO has given an axe in the hand of companies...companies will exploit all this as they know people with Bachlors Degree cannot move or get HSMP.

UKTier1March
Newly Registered

Post by UKTier1March » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi Chetanojha,

thanx for your reply...

Just tried calling up the HR for the nth time... they are not picking up the phone or replying to my email.. Had spoken to hr in the morning after trying for about 10 times and he asked me a dozen questions for what and why and so on and had said will call me back in half an hour.... no phone calls and later and now no response to my calls as welll.... well with one more day left,, how to do i go and confront them there ?
they are in a different location and if i go there tomm, what do i say to get it done ??? What I have said now is I need to get the home loan in India changed to my name from my wife's .... any other ideas pleaaaseee ????? :(

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:59 pm

UKTier1March wrote:hi Yasa and Maheshnair,

thanks to both of you for your inputs. i have been chasing the hr guys since morning today and in their typical fashion, they are pushing it back and forth b/w UK and India hr... sincerely hope these guys will give it today..... cant go there today as our hr is in another location in the country...

Let me tell the truth .

I needed my payslips attested by HR long back for hsmp application from an big INDIAN company .

I told my House construction in trouble and needed a Loan fast as i need to pay back other loans and so needed UK loan and a police case is filed by the LOAN giving company etc .

Hr guy said NO . they will call the bank and speak .

I did not give up . I did all drama , i cried , almost fell at his feet .

I was lucky even though HR knew i was doing it for HSMP , he signed it .

But after 5 hours drama . I did have lunch , was standing next to him . He got fed up .

Finally while giving he told , dont use the same for any other purpose like wp tranfer , hsmp etc even if he knew what it was for .

Thanks to that HR . He was GOD for me ....

that is all i can advice ......

UKTier1March
Newly Registered

Post by UKTier1March » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi Maheshnair, thanks for your reply..

but now nothing has worked.. the hr has said they wnt ad cant give any letter with the gross amount.

Do i just give up or do i take a chance and mention everything in the cover letter submitting my pay slips which shows the net and the Work Permit which shows the Gross ???...

Is there any remote chance that my case will go through ?????

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:06 pm

No Work Permit amount is not accepted as proof for previous earnings.